Wizard MTL 100 W, The Eagle has landed!

SQUAREHEAD

I'm like a 16-year-old kid on his first date, this thing is a monster of HUGE tone, I have been playing for 6 hours today. Very pleased :thumbsup: this is a better fit for me then the Modern Classic II, for sure…
Wizard Amplifiers are indeed so very special! This amplifier is way beyond my 1993 100 Watt Metal that I owned a few years back, no comparison at all… Much better tones and way more versatile.
Full report to come in a couple days or so… When I'm deaf, :D

In the meantime, if anyone has any questions, fire away…

Ps, Thank you very much Gary and Gary for answering the never ending questions I had ... and for the coaching you guys gave me in my search for the ultimate tone!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,582
Super glad you love it. Nothing better than an amp exceeding your expectations when you get it. :rock: My favorite amp to date! I really dig the smaller badge.

Rythym CH with boost engaged is like hmmmm, "What Do You Do For Money Honey" opening chords, but can be achieved at 1 on master (low vol) Lots of gain, sustain- beefed up plexi like, Very nice!!! Much more gain on rythym CH than I was anticipating!

Rezamatix":16iv6ky8 said:
How is the clean channel? And what are the big tonal differences with the MC2?

Hey bro, I would say this guy's video is a 'close' example of the rhythm channel, although I am getting more gain out of the MTL rhythm channel than this, it could just be my technique/style of playing versus this guy in the video… Gary would know as he owned both at the same time and compare them much more extensively then I had a chance to… Maybe he will chime in,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qOh0qSMlYrY

I will say the MTL has more gain, let's say both amplifiers are set to 3 o'clock on gain controls... I remember trying both amps out at the same time and the MTL had as much gain without the boost engaged, that the MCII had with boost engaged…
MTL has much more nice tight girth to the tone with the depth control, it is such a nice feature, I only keep it between 3- 4 at the most (so far) but it adds so much body/ thickness to the tone of the amplifier without ever losing its tightness,
The saturation control is very cool, I only keep it between four and six, it adds a touch of gain but it also makes the Wizard a little bit more forgiving in the 'feel', especially playing lead riffs, it does exactly what it's supposed to do, 'saturation' is a great name for it, of course adding more saturation never seems to lose any tightness in the bass frequencies, the low-end stays very tight like all Wizards. I am still getting to know the amp, but so far I have to say I am much more pleased with it then I thought I would be, I try not to get too excited, on these forums within the honeymoon phase, but this one definitely is a keeper, and, always a good sign, I can't stop playing it :D :yes: :D

SQUAREHEAD":2qbkamdn said:
Rezamatix":2qbkamdn said:

Hey bro, I would say this guy's video is a 'close' example of the rhythm channel, although I am getting more gain out of the MTL rhythm channel than this, it could just be my technique/style of playing versus this guy in the video… Gary would know as he owned both at the same time and compare them much more extensively then I had a chance to… Maybe he will chime in,

I will say the MTL has more gain, let's say both amplifiers are set to 3 o'clock on gain controls... I remember trying both amps out at the same time and the MTL had as much gain without the boost engaged, that the MCII had with boost engaged…
MTL has much more nice tight girth to the tone with the depth control, it is such a nice feature, I only keep it between 3- 4 at the most (so far) but it adds so much body/ thickness to the tone of the amplifier without ever losing its tightness,
The saturation control is very cool, I only keep it between four and six, it adds a touch of gain but it also makes the Wizard a little bit more forgiving in the 'feel', especially playing lead riffs, it does exactly what it's supposed to do, 'saturation' is a great name for it, of course adding more saturation never seems to lose any tightness in the bass frequencies, the low-end stays very tight like all Wizards. I am still getting to know the amp, but so far I have to say I am much more pleased with it then I thought I would be, I try not to get too excited, on these forums within the honeymoon phase, but this one definitely is a keeper, and, always a good sign, I can't stop playing it :D :yes: :D
I thought they were similar but cannot really remember. In the video you posted the guy is using a power station and has the masters up very high.

glip22":27nq02hv said:
SQUAREHEAD":27nq02hv said:
Rezamatix":27nq02hv said:

I thought they were similar but cannot really remember. In the video you posted the guy is using a power station and has the masters up very high.

Exactly, Gary… I'm getting more gain than he is with my master around '1'
Also, to answer The question of gain on the rhythm channel, when you crank the gain on the rhythm channel, there is much more than what appears on this video, (see where his gain is) with either amplifier,

fuzzyguitars":17ytn3uh said:
any updates
The 2016 MTL is different somehow. Front end and V transformers. How it is different aside from the transformers I do not know. Rick did not comment on that, only what I wrote above. To upgrade ours would cost quite a bit where it's smarter to sell and buy a 2016 one. I love mine regardless.

Back