Wizard W800 gutshots

Eleven pages and somehow we've derailed to Whitney Houston (great singer but not my genre). Have we determined whether they are Polypropylene or Polyester ODs? They look Polypropylene but only because they are fat and round, the polyesters I have are not as fat and aren't round.

That's no way to talk about Whitney :no:

I assumed they were all natural.

I mean absolutely zero disrespect to the dudes NAD as it wasn’t titled that way - I thought it was a topic to comment on the quality and nothing else. My apologies OP.

I do feel like it’s built better than the MCII I’ve seen images of. It is indeed easier to build a cleaner looking less-featured amplifier than one loaded to the gills with features.

It takes a lot of experience with high gain and PTP to ward of instability problems, especially when you start to introduce voltage regulated DC heaters and such. Some tubes are just in the verge of microphonic tendencies - stable with some brands but not others.

I personally find the tone of them non inspiring and hollow - just all diode top end clipping and low end. I guess I’ve been spoiled by the tonal complexity of my Bogner XTC. Different strokes for different folks.

Eleven pages and somehow we've derailed to Whitney Houston (great singer but not my genre). Have we determined whether they are Polypropylene or Polyester ODs? They look Polypropylene but only because they are fat and round, the polyesters I have are not as fat and aren't round.
Damn it..my comment was not about Whitney, Costner or the slimy weird eye bad guy.
Different movie.
The super rad underlying joke?
The motorcycle/moped'ish bike the bodyguard
was riding ( the two of them riding dick to butt together also),
was named.......

"The Wizard".

First time stopping by in years….and a Wizard bashing thread. 😄

Still have my custom Wizard MC/ Metal hybrid Rick built for me in 05. Still my main live amp. Had a few tweaks done recently by my local guy. Rick didn’t seem to interested in doing it. Awesome live amp…tone and feel never change thru out a 4 hour gig….just wish it didnt weigh so much.

First time stopping by in years….and a Wizard bashing thread. 😄

Still have my custom Wizard MC/ Metal hybrid Rick built for me in 05. Still my main live amp. Had a few tweaks done recently by my local guy. Rick didn’t seem to interested in doing it. Awesome live amp…tone and feel never change thru out a 4 hour gig….just wish it didnt weigh so much.
Long time ago George😊 Some years ago since I stopped by aswell.
Still using my MCl from 2007 for records and gigs, awsome amp.

Good to see you brother George! Hope you’re doing well👍
Doing fine other than carpal tunnel in both hands. Its not terrible yet luckily. Got into other stuff so quit doing the band thing for awhile. Some guys twisted my arm and talked me into playing again. What was I thinking 😂

Hope things are well with you up North!

Doing fine other than carpal tunnel in both hands. Its not terrible yet luckily. Got into other stuff so quit doing the band thing for awhile. Some guys twisted my arm and talked me into playing again. What was I thinking 😂

Hope things are well with you up North!
Oh my goodness,😳
two years ago, George, I had my first double carpal tunnel surgeries and there was so much scar tissue that I recently had to have them done yet again, both hands!
It’s a real pain, I know.
I am just getting back to playing and I can only play about 15 minutes every two hours or so before my hands are in so much pain and the fingers tingling,
Stretch, stretch and more stretching, every time you pick up the guitar. you probably already know this,
my surgeon suggested some good physiotherapy exercises,
I’ll pm ya bro.

Last edited:
@SQUAREHEAD @Greazygeo
Did you guys use to wear your axes slung real low?

I blame Jimmy Page's influence for a lot of my current hand/wrist issues. 😁

c90d5aa23594049b9d696016dcc04b24.jpg

Oh my goodness,😳
two years ago, George, I had my first double carpal tunnel surgeries and there was so much scar tissue that I recently had to have them done yet again, both hands!
It’s a real pain, I know.
I am just getting back to playing and I can only play about 15 minutes every two hours or so before my hands are in so much pain and the fingers tingling,
Stretch, stretch and more stretching, every time you pick up the guitar. you probably already know this,
my surgeon suggested some good physiotherapy exercises,
I’ll pm ya bro.
Luckily mine are not bad. Fingers would fall asleep after about 15 mins of playing and wouldn’t be able to tell which strings my fingers were on. Went thru the testing and doc said some nerve damage in right hand and ct in both. Gave me some braces to use when sleeping. They actually helped.

sorry to hear you are having a tough time with yours. Hope it gets better!

Back