Would this be too weird?

Flat strat?

• Stupidest f'ing thing I've ever heard!

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Too weird.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just right!

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Not weird enough.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Most brilliant idea since fire!

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
ratter":1x1e65an said:
Randy Van Sykes":1x1e65an said:
If you are building from scratch, I would go with the exact tele body shape and just shape the horns in a strat style.

You mean like this? The symmetrical horns are too weird, I think...reminds me of that guitar Shawn Lane used to play that I always hated...

374632.jpg
No...a tele body (no contours) but with the typical strat horns.
Basically just add the horn to the left side.

fender-telecaster-stratocaster-vintage-hotrod-big.jpg

Ok I think we're on the same page. That's what I was talking about - the strat perimeter shape (well, my own flavor but still...) but with flat front and back 'faces'....

I wasn't really thinking about the flametop super strat idea tho. Not that I'm against it. But my mindset was more vintagey...

Maybe I'll start a build thread and we'll make some sawdust...

ratter":geu2qx4g said:
Ok I think we're on the same page. That's what I was talking about - the strat perimeter shape (well, my own flavor but still...) but with flat front and back 'faces'....

I wasn't really thinking about the flametop super strat idea tho. Not that I'm against it. But my mindset was more vintagey...

Maybe I'll start a build thread and we'll make some sawdust...
Do it! :thumbsup:

The only reason I say a maple top is for sound. I wish my Wolfgang Special had a maple top, the basswood body sounds excellent but I would like a little more snap in the highs.

Back