Wow, used gear sales have come to a screeching halt....

Let the prices come down, finally. On another note I looked at some airfare for May on Expedia. Stupid cheap prices!

It's all up to our Supreme Leader, he obviously doesn't need Congress to make laws.
If I were Joe Biden, and I actually still could remember my first name, I would federally legalize weed (citizens want it/don't care anymore) and invest $1 billion into opening United States vaccum tube companies and purchasing old tooling.

If I were Joe Biden, and I actually still could remember my first name, I would federally legalize weed (citizens want it/don't care anymore) and invest $1 billion into opening United States vaccum tube companies and purchasing old tooling.
You've got my vote, anything is better than ol' mashed potato brains.

Mind sharing?.......I sure could use a side hustle or 2.
Well I only do carpentry part time. I mean 4 small jobs. Like 5k total, which is not much considering what I usually have for jobs. The phone is just not ringing.

I started doing handyman stuff. Just fixing shit. There's 400 handymen for every square mile where I live. Mostly Joe the drunks. No license, no insurance, etc.... They'll work for $100 a day. I charge $400 - 500 per day. Depending on what I'm doing and who I'm working for.

Typical Mesa/Marshall stuff is still up for absurd prices on my local classifieds. E.g. $1500 +/- CAN for a Mesa single rectifier amp lol

Some guy recently listed a Road King II here somewhat locally for $4000 and a JVM410H for $2750. Dude has lost his flippin' mind. :loco:

I saw a local "mom and pop" music store on Facebook the other day that has posted some pictures of the inside of their store, and I spied a Mesa Roadster half stack so I hit him up for a price. Came back saying $1399 for the whole set! I was about to jump in the truck to go grab it, but thought I better clarify that price because it's about a 30 mile one way trip and that sounded too good to be true. Dude cam back and said, sorry someone switched tags and it's $3800. That $1399 tag belonged to the use Laney Ironheart 60 that was next to it. Two things came to mind:

• How are you running a music store when a $1399 Roadster half stack doesn't immediately raise a red flag?
  • and... With prices like those, you ain't gonna be in business long.

But yeah, nothing is moving. Better to hang on to stuff, and wait for a better market for sure if you can.

Doesn’t bill gates or someone want us to live in a pod and eat flavored crickets or some shit?? does that really sound that bad?? give me a helix pedal and a decent set of headphones, my iphone to get on youtube, spotify and be able to log on here and what more do you really need?? im sure there will be a starbucks in the middle of the pod commune and everything else just order off amazon

IMG_1886.jpeg

I've bought a bunch of amps I've wanted to try out cheap over the last year...but I rarely sell anything. I had Juggernaut list an Egnator Armageddon and a Revv generator on Facebook and all I got was trade offers for mini amps. I'm a big mofo, I don't need a snack pack amp if I have the real deal stashed away....somewhere.
You should change your name to dar Vader…

Gear prices are coming down finally but nothing is moving really. I think people are hurting for money more universally than we are really aware of. Just barely getting by and don't have the disposable income to buy gear (or as much of it).

Supposedly we have a very healthy economy according to traditional metrics. But cost of living is still dog shit, interest rates on houses are dog shit, and people I know are struggling despite the supposedly thriving economy. Here, houses that would've sold 2 years ago instantly over asking price have been sitting for months with 0 offers--even when they are knocking off thousands of dollars. Money be tight.
I keep reading about how people are living off thier credit cards, but everyone is maxing out. Once the cards max out, and the student loans are due in September, it could get pretty rough.

Back