WTB Mark IIC+ Coliseum

FWIW, when I clicked on that link above prior to the sale it said $10K. Then, for some reason, after the sale it said $15K and that it had sold. In any case, we don't really know what it sold for. Just what it was listed for.

Yeah I hear ya. After seeing the Reverb ad I admit I looked at my bank account. Then I realized I'd rather buy a car instead :LOL: :LOL:

Same seller has another C+, a DRG combo listed for 7K. I guess I should list my C+ Coli for 12500. Since it's the rare 1X15 combo and all. Big Brother they call them.

Racerxrated":1zwuz9a6 said:
Same seller has another C+, a DRG combo listed for 7K. I guess I should list my C+ Coli for 12500. Since it's the rare 1X15 combo and all. Big Brother they call them.

You know, I've always said this but rare with high demand gear is better than money in the bank because regardless of economy it will always sell. I bet in 10 years it will probably triple or quadruple in value.

That's why now if I have the funds I'm buying up the loaded long heads and other original amps. You can still buy a vintage Plexi for the cost of a new boutique builders amp, to me it' a no brainer.

Krull":53h6ppbt said:
:LOL: :LOL: I’d rather keep my Mark III coli and about $8500 in my pocket.

I'd rather invest my 8500 into a better sounding amp that I will be able to sell for exponential amount of money in ten years.

/\ You could be right about it, but in the end it's just speculation. No telling what the market will do, or what kind of tech will come out in the next ten years that could change how desireable these amps are.

Put 10k in total stock market index, or even a strong savings account, and you just made at least 2k in interest, 10-12k with stocks.

But if it was only about the money, I wouldn't be on this forum :thumbsup:

EXPcustom":16z7o23t said:
Krull":16z7o23t said:

I'd rather invest my 8500 into a better sounding amp that I will be able to sell for exponential amount of money in ten years.

That’s cool man. You do that. Sounds better? Debatable. I have a iic+ and in the end after playing them loud for 10 minutes your ears start to compress to the point that you can’t hear a noticeable difference.

The 2 amps are basically the same, with a few trace differences on the circuit board and some components that cost a few dollars.

You also assume in 10 years people collecting gear will either still be alive or even care.

Krull":3i1yvk7s said:
EXPcustom":3i1yvk7s said:
Krull":3i1yvk7s said:

That’s cool man. You do that. Sounds better? Debatable. I have a iic+ and in the end after playing them loud for 10 minutes your ears start to compress to the point that you can’t hear a noticeable difference.

The 2 amps are basically the same, with a few trace differences on the circuit board and some components that cost a few dollars.

You also assume in 10 years people collecting gear will either still be alive or even care.

I've heard IIC+s that sound like shit so not going argue but I doubt all gen-Xers will be dead in 10 years unless Corona is that bad.

I just don't see the crazy demand for MkIIIs if they sounded just as good because their would be and the price would reflect it.

If you think in 10 years no one will care about gear is nuts, it's like saying in 10 years no one will care about vintage cars or WWII airplanes or history in general. An industry as big as vintage gear isn't like beanie babies were it' just a fad that dies. :doh:

EXPcustom":3q7tqrer said:
Krull":3q7tqrer said:
EXPcustom":3q7tqrer said:
Krull":3q7tqrer said:

I've heard IIC+s that sound like shit so not going argue but I doubt all gen-Xers will be dead in 10 years unless Corona is that bad.

I just don't see the crazy demand for MkIIIs if they sounded just as good because their would be and the price would reflect it.

If you think in 10 years no one will care about gear is nuts, it's like saying in 10 years no one will care about vintage cars or WWII airplanes or history in general. An industry as big as vintage gear isn't like beanie babies were it' just a fad that dies. :doh:

Your priorities are different than mine gear wise. You go after the rare unobtainium looking to make a profit which is great. All the best. You seem good at it.

But the mark iii coli is no slouch and when’s the last time you saw one for sale? I would imagine prices will also go up “exponentially” in 10 years. Do I care? Not really. I’m not in it for the money.

I'd rather put my $8500 in the bank vs. an amp sitting in a house that could be burglarized/burned/flooded then trying to get my homeowner's insurance to reimburse me for the amp.

$8500 in fuck around money on an amp you love to play? For those that can do that, more power to ya. But as an investment? Nope. Not for me anyway.

Dick Butter Nuts":1qzke9es said:
I'd rather put my $8500 in the bank vs. an amp sitting in a house that could be burglarized/burned/flooded then trying to get my homeowner's insurance to reimburse me for the amp.

$8500 in fuck around money on an amp you love to play? For those that can do that, more power to ya. But as an investment? Nope. Not for me anyway.
All you have to do is make sure you list your valuable contents, like jewelry/Gear/etc with your homeowners ins, and give your agent proof of ownership. Pics, serials, appraisals etc. As long as you do that you won't have an issue getting reimbursed. I do see your point though..I used to buy stuff to flip/gig with 10 yrs ago before I was here. I always had a different amp at each gig..it became funny to my bandmates. Lol. Now I don't care as much, I sold my Wizard for a little less than I paid for it when I realized I could pull off a C+ Coliseum..that was the one amp I'd always wanted.

When it comes to Coliseums, I've seen 5 Mk IIIs for sale within the past 6 months or so..ranging from 1400-2300. Most on Ebay but one here, and after a few days he pulled the ad.
C+ Coli? Only one I saw before this one on Reverb was one in Europe for 6800. Sat for a while..but it did sell for 6800 as I looked under his completed listings as a seller and there it was. Great feedback too. He has 3 more C+ for sale now. All original too if you care. Now this last one that went for 10 or 15K depending on what really happened..I saw it sold but then saw it listed for 15k and that sold too. Who knows. That one was an upgrade btw, I think when it comes to Coliseums they are so damn rare that no one cares whether it has an RP10 or RP11. Mine is a weird one; fits in the 2C serial at K34* but has a 2B faceplate and 2B power section according to Mike B which is slightly more aggressive. Either way Mike B upgraded it and its unreal at volume..great low volume as well additional master on the back.
I do know Steve K told me long ago, when I asked him for tube recommendations, that a collector he knew in Israel paid 15K for a factory C++ Coli. That's gotta be the rarest of the rare.
:rock:

Racerxrated":2wuz81xm said:
Dick Butter Nuts":2wuz81xm said:

All you have to do is make sure you list your valuable contents, like jewelry/Gear/etc with your homeowners ins, and give your agent proof of ownership. Pics, serials, appraisals etc. As long as you do that you won't have an issue getting reimbursed. I do see your point though..I used to buy stuff to flip/gig with 10 yrs ago before I was here. I always had a different amp at each gig..it became funny to my bandmates. Lol. Now I don't care as much, I sold my Wizard for a little less than I paid for it when I realized I could pull off a C+ Coliseum..that was the one amp I'd always wanted.
:rock:

And it's up to the homeowner to have the pics, appraisals, and proof of insurance stored in a secure place that could not be burned, flooded, burglarized, or barfed on.

As to not having an issue getting reimbursed from the insurance company? I don't know and it's something I would rather not roll the dice on.

I would rather put my $8500 in the bank vs. an amp when it comes to investment strategy. Not gonna sell an amp online for anywhere near $8500 and rely on ebay/reverb/paypal/USPS/UPS/Fedex to make it right.

:)

Yeah when you send $10K to someone online for an amp you haven’t played and heard, that’s ballsy.

Back