XLR out question

AttitudeEra

Hi guys

having fun so far with the 16 ohm captor X with a dual rectifier.
However I have a few questions.

my aim is to set my amp settings in such a way that I can leave masters, output, fx loop settings etc in place regardless of whether I’m playing at home or live.

live the setup would be connecting the left XLR to foh to send through a mono processed signal. Potentially connecting the right XLR to a FRFR monitor for on stage monitoring.

at home however (for rehearsals only, not recording) I’m looking to connect the captor x to my studio monitors to experience ideally as close as possible tothe sound foh would receive at a gig.

trying to figure out the best way to do this, what would you recommend? The Studio monitors don’t have XLR inputs.

1) using the left XLR out into my focusrite which turn goes into tue monitors (I feel the sound is being altered by the Scarlett preamp? It indicates clipping even when the captor itself doesn’t)

2) connecting the headphone out on the captor directly to the monitors?

3) somehow connecting the captor XLR output into the monitors which don’t have XLR inputs

Please advise, I just want to be able to hear exactly what the mix will sound like live when I’m rehearsing :)

Back