Yeah I finally got it

The same "syntax" was in the tread Dan posted about "I finally got it", that Dan himself would have authored. That's what seems "off". He was typically of well-spoken verbiage. And, I'm sure he's fully vaccinated and boosted. I would think it would be an unwritten rule in his line of work.

FWIW, I just found out my mother tested positive this AM! She's 83. Fuck me runnin'.
Hey man first and foremost - best of luck and mojo toward your mom ok.
But I could see him typing that way under his circumstances and/or his wife possibly posting on his behalf. I guess time will tell, but I doubt he would create a 'joke' such as this. The negative test is kind of weird though.

Last edited:
Hey man first and foremost - best of luck and mojo toward your mom ok.
But I could see him typing that way under his circumstances and then his wife possibly posting on his behalf. I guess time will tell, but I doubt he would create a 'joke' such as this. The negative test is kind of weird though.
Yeah, it's definitely no joking matter. I'd never infer that it is. I'm as shocked as everyone else, and there's plenty of oddities many are noting. Yeah, I suppose it's in poor taste to question it, but it's obvious many don't want to believe it, just because of the fondness they have for Dan.

I appreciate the mojo. My mom just has a sore throat and cough, right now. She doesn't seem to have a fever, and hasn't gotten worse. That's good news. We've experienced SEVERAL having it at work in the past month, and/or family members. They've all bounced back pretty quick. Some sicker than others, (and luckily all but one were in other branches, the other was my Outside Salesman that doesn't come to the office).

Before I took this job, they did have a Sales Manager that died from it, back when it blew up in 2020.

Was he vaccinated? Don't piss all over me but while we verify the authenticity of this thread, I think it is a fair question. I've heard this latest round of the vid is going to be bad. I have a buddy who is vaccinated who just got it and he said it was brutal. Anyway, let's see how this unfolds.

That fact that he was reported deceased hours after posting covid rebounded and/or complications just goes to show how much he cared about us and us about him. He really had no where else to turn to other than his wife so he posted here.

There’s knowledge that you can test negative for covid from your sinus cavity but it already be in your lungs, heart, kidneys, brain, fucking shit up causing lung damage and blood clots. I’ve had this new strain and I’m 4 weeks in still hocking shit out of my chest and sinuses. It’s no joke fucking awful.

What’s sad is that you can read the fear in his last post. Short and to the point legit scared.

RIP Dan.

Was he vaccinated? Don't piss all over me but while we verify the authenticity of this thread, I think it is a fair question. I've heard this latest round of the vid is going to be bad. I have a buddy who is vaccinated who just got it and he said it was brutal. Anyway, let's see how this unfolds.
Don’t make this about the vaccine brother. Let’s just honor Dan.

Don’t make this about the vaccine brother. Let’s just honor Dan.
For sure, not my intention. Just wondering. But absolutely if he is gone, let's leave it at that. Damn virus works fast regardless of vaccination status. RIP Dan. We've been losing a lot of members here it seems.

isn't it crazy how you get attached to people like Dan? I didn't know him. He wouldn't have known me if we passed on the street. But this thing that ties us all together...i'm going to miss him and there's not many people I know in my day-to-day life I could say that about.

This really hit me for some reason. Maybe my age? realization of the inevitable nature of our finite existence?

Live each day my brothers. soak it up, this thing will be gone in an instant.

There’s knowledge that you can test negative for covid from your sinus cavity but it already be in your lungs, heart, kidneys, brain, fucking shit up causing lung damage and blood clots. I’ve had this new strain and I’m 4 weeks in still hocking shit out of my chest and sinuses. It’s no joke fucking awful.
I'm pretty sure you have to have symptoms for the PCR test to find it. During Christmas break, the morning after everybody showed up to the rental house; my nephew said he felt shitty and couldn't finish breakfast. Tested negative shortly after that...then positive next day. Nobody else got it from him. I got Omicron a couple weeks later but Omicron was not bad at all. This new strain is allegedly pretty bad.

This is another (horrible) example of us not being out of this pandemic just yet.

He was a federal employee, so the answer is yes.

He was a federal employee, so the answer is yes.
It's just interesting to note because it goes to show that too has a shelf life. Apparently only good now for 4 months or something and the system sort of works it out reducing it's effectiveness. So really, no guarantees either way and we just hope for the best and some good luck vaccinated or not.

I got COV-19 back in November of 2020 and it kicked my ass. I just got it again around 4th of July and was a sore throat and stuffy nose, but nothing else. I've had colds worse than that.

That fact that he was reported deceased hours after posting covid rebounded and/or complications just goes to show how much he cared about us and us about him. He really had no where else to turn to other than his wife so he posted here.

What’s sad is that you can read the fear in his last post. Short and to the point legit scared.

RIP Dan.
I feel ya man.
F’m GOO’..the stickiest most irritating feeling shit…

It's just interesting to note because it goes to show that too has a shelf life. Apparently only good now for 4 months or something and the system sort of works it out reducing it's effectiveness. So really, no guarantees either way and we just hope for the best and some good luck vaccinated or not.
I got is 3 weeks after my 3rd shot (booster). I had friends who are older and diabetic with no vaccines get it and was milder than mine. The reality is that you just can’t make sense off who and how. My wife works the COVID floors in the hospital and the demographics are all over the place

Last edited:
I got is 3 weeks after my 3rd shot (booster). I had friends who are older and diabetic with no vaccines get it and was milder than mine. The reality is that you just can’t make sense off who and how. My wife works the COVID floors in the hospital and the demographics are all over the place
Spot on,brother.
It's obviously effecting people differently. For some its mild,others its brutal.
It fucked my sister and her husband up badly. Laid up for 3 weeks.
They are 11 and 16 years older than I am and in WAY better shape.
I'm 57,fat and diabetic. Smoke like a chimney. Huge drug history. Shoulda been dead by 40 for sure.
So far I have sailed thru the past 2 years in and out of truck stops/nasty bathrooms and shitty food like nothings happening.
Proof positive that the fates are unfair as fuck.
And I'm the only one I know who is ready to check out. I'm prepared for it,both legally and mentally.

Back