You old guys Remember ‘we are stars’

Ya I think I Remeber seeing the one vid of this on mtv when it came out. Didn’t really appreciate it then. Like I do now. Was checking out old metal videos on YouTube last night. This popped up as recommended. Totally totally forgot about it.
Really was fresh to my ears. So many great singers there it blows my mind. And ya ..... lynch to me popped out the most. Love that dude.

Reactions: Geo
Wonder if those guys had love/hate relationships.. secretly lynch wants to schon, who wants to be malmsteen, who can’t stand Gillis and so on…. But secretly hoping to be friends with one another so they can score cokes and ho’s. 😏. There is a recent show on 6 songs of Van Halen or something and when DLR got Vai, it was like a punch in the gut to Eddie. Steve says he was not into all that hype which I believe as that dude seems quite reasonable. EVH maybe not so much.
Sadly vai got the job as I recall because Jason Becker was fumbling his pick and got the diagnosis ☹️

Reactions: Geo
Total cheese, but it was for charity and I think these guys felt left out with Queen and Bowie and U2 etc getting a lot of kudos for live aid and other similar deals.

And these guys were at the top of their games. The cast is a who's who of 80s radio metal. Tons of talent on this.

That was a fun stroll down memory lane. I remember when this video "World Premiered" on some video channel, but I can't remember which at that time... Lynch was awesome. Craig Goldy was a mess...

I remember hearing this on the radio many years ago. And just cranking it. Had no idea who was in the band. But it was killer!!!

Watched it a million times....so many awesome people, definite inspiration generator. For me, guitar-wise anyway...on this it is about Yngwie, Lynch and Schon...just complete fire and awesome performances.... and the Maiden boys layin' down the awesome harmonies. Just the damn awesomeness of all those people in the same room..and the vocalists.....You got Tate in his Prime, RJD , Halford and more...and Yes Bruce is missed on there.

Attachments

• Hear N' Aid.jpg
    Hear N' Aid.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 18
Yeah, that was back when Lynch was ON FIRE, and had not discovered the Phase 90 yet.
He was the King of the Mountain back then, but I guess when you clean up, you lose some fire.
I still watch the extended video of this sometimes just to hear the solos, but I also still enjoy watching the Dokken - Live in Philadelphia, concert. Nobody on this planet can convince me that Lynch and Pilson were not completely "geeked" on blow the whole time. ☁️

I watched the VHS countless times. It has always been one of my favorite musical long play videos. Personally I enjoyed all the guitar playing on it.

It probably smelled like a bunch of sweaty sacks in that studio!

I'm too young to witness the original video but I remember downloading the audio on Napster in like ninety nine, then finally seeing the video when YouTube came out and was like holy shit.

Yeah we bring it up once a year i think and i always say the same thing...George and Yngwie are the standouts. Yngwie just about makes everyone else look like an amateur who knows a few scales IMO of course

From what George said about that whole deal everyone was scared of Yngwie.
Craig Goldy was talking about it and saying how George stood out so much above the rest because of his technique.

I'm guessing EVH did not participate because he was too shy and would have to be loaded to be that close to so many of his peers; and being loaded would affect his playing so...no go? I say that with the upmost respect for the guy.

Back