You Tele guys seen this....

Meathead

0241102542_frt_wmd_001.png

I really like my original style tele, but it sits at home a lot because my strats with H/S/S pickups are more versatile....well not anymore. :D

This is one versatile tele and the bridge has a switch to split it. A tele that can do it all. The one I played at the music store played really well and the maple neck was tinted much darker than this picture, looked really nice.

Wow, this looks really nice! While I prefer a Tele with a splittable humbucker in the neck position (I play an American Fat Tele) I can imagine that this one sounds and plays great, too. Thanks for the hint - do you know whats the name of this model?

It's here, and not a lot of dough either. :thumbsup:
The one I demoed (through a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe) the setup was perfect and the pickups sounded really good. When you split the bridge it really lost a lot of the lows, was very crisp, sounded more like a strat bridge single than a tele. I'm getting it. Probably be my go-to gigging guitar as I love the tele body shape and now with a five way pickup config it can do most any style. I'm into tones from the Eagles to Queen to Van Halen to King's X.
The neck is a little thinner than I'm used to with tele's, but it played awesome regardless. The neck shape combined with the radius made for effortless soloing.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-modern-player-telecaster-plus-electric-guitar

tweed":3qc5ws0e said:
Oh man, that is almost too cheap to pass up... :doh:
Very cheap, great deal. I think the design overall is a great idea.
It's not your daddies tele... pretty cool. :thumbsup:

skoora":2poooleh said:
Where is it made?
China! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! :worship:

Doesn't bother me. Years ago China didn't make very good guitars, but they do now IMO. At times as good or better than MIM. Regardless of where they're made, just gotta test them and find the good one.

Looks pretty cool. I just saw an Anderson with the same pickup config. Purists will argue about the bridge differences but TA seems to do alright using that style bridge!

Gotta say no to the black plastic truss bullet though. Nothing against the guitar itself, I'm sure the quality is great for the price.

But if all we buy is Chinese guitars, pretty soon there's only gonna be Chinese guitars...and that would suck...

Eh, not for me. I'm a MIA snob who tries to buy only American, but I acknowledge the fact that you can get a good guitar from anywhere. For me, it's either a modern interpretation of the old two single coil formula like the American Standard, or something that's a complete departure (awesome and flashy) like the Fender White Chicken or Gigliotti GT (which I will be sharing pictures of soon :rock:)

would be cool if the had transparent blonde one, you could easily add neck hum and go Duncan zebras for a cheap Jeff Beck tele clone :)

I think that like you said it'll be a cool versatile guitar but probably sounds a lot more like a HSS strat than it does a tele.

Also I just want you to know that your avatar always gets that damn everclear song stuck in my head: "yes I know all about the other guy, the handsome man with athletic thighs."

:doh: :doh: :doh:
:LOL: :LOL:

Ok, checked it out again and it doesn't look so bad after all. I think the middle open-coil pup against the standard covered neck pup was throwing me off. Not too bad. :LOL: :LOL: :thumbsup:

ratter":3kub4z9p said:
Looks pretty cool. I just saw an Anderson with the same pickup config. Purists will argue about the bridge differences but TA seems to do alright using that style bridge!

Gotta say no to the black plastic truss bullet though. Nothing against the guitar itself, I'm sure the quality is great for the price.

But if all we buy is Chinese guitars, pretty soon there's only gonna be Chinese guitars...and that would suck...
It's funny how Fender made it obvious before that a guitar was made in China, now they are just saying 'Fender Telecaster' on the headstock, it's like Fender is giving in to the whole MIC thing.
I expect: ...these are cheap now but will be double the cost soon as the public accepts MIC Fenders. Just like the public now accepts the MIM guitars as decent guitars worth a good buck. The Vintage Vibe series gave China some credibility that they could actually make a pretty decent guitar.
You wait, the price will go up at least $100 a year until a guitar like this that's made in China will cost around $1000. If you have a very bitter pill for the public to swallow, you feed it to them very very slowly...it will eventually go down.

Edits...I'm sorry for all the edits. iPads are a real pain to type with. :LOL: :LOL:

'63-Strat":1zsaf7wf said:
I think that like you said it'll be a cool versatile guitar but probably sounds a lot more like a HSS strat than it does a tele.

Also I just want you to know that your avatar always gets that damn everclear song stuck in my head: "yes I know all about the other guy, the handsome man with athletic thighs."

:doh: :doh: :doh:
:LOL: :LOL:

Sorry :LOL: :LOL:

I have avatars and sigs turned off so the kiddies don't accidentally see all the practically naked women on this forum.
I should change that guy sometime. :D

Nice looking guitar. Sorry if this strays off topic but my buddy just explained to me how recording an extra track with a Tele will bring your songs to life?!?

I play high gain metal, have only even touched a Tele once about 18 years ago.

Do you guys find this to be accurate?

A track with the buckers on a strat for the beef and a Tele to add some bite?

Back