Your favourite post-90's metal

ZEN Amps

Been so busy the last 20 years I've forgotten to head bang. Hit me up with some great post-2000 albums, hard rock and metal.

Points if the guitar tones are crushing and the production is good. I know I should enjoy the music regardless, but I'm not ashamed to say I just can't.

For the more traditional gents, you won't be mocked (by me) if you hate it all and just want to mention your 80's and 90's faves :rock:

And Happy New Year of course!

Oh man tons of good ones. You may have heard some of these, but here are a few off the top of my head:
1. Mastodon - Leviathan, Blood Mountain, Crack the Sky
2. Gojira - From Mars to Sirius, The Way of All Flesh, L'Enfant Sauvage
3. Opeth - Black Water Park, Ghost Reveries
4. The Mars Volta - Deloused in the Comatorium, Frances the Mute
5. Vektor - Terminal Redux
6. Karnivool - Sound Awake

Happy New Year to you as well!

Anything Santa Cruz if you want to hear ridiculously shredding Finnish pretty boys carrying the 80s torch but with modern flavor. Also, Crazy Lixx.

I think every time deftones puts out a new album they still sound the futuristic band there is . There albums continue to be the most modern sounding to me . And I’m love technical shredding and more extreme stuff most of the time . Deftones post 90s stuff still is my favorite stuff. Diamond Eyes and KNY are my two favorites

I got use to the vocals after awhile . But not everyone’s cup of tea . But I love it . Crazy riffs and love the production

Power metal at its best. Riot started it all in the 70’s with “Fire Down Under” and pushed forward through the 80’s with “Restless Breed and Born in America” then transformed with Tony Moore on vocals in the late 80’s on Thunder Steel. What a Jem.
I don’t go much later than that except Opeth. Love them.

Not post 2000 I know.

Last edited:
Back