ZZounds-

lettmusic

i'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a guitar at ZZounds.
Any of you guys had experience dealing with them? Seem to have a really good refund policy for 45 days. I seem to recall some of you here had good deals/experience doing business with them?
Thanks

I deal with them all the time with 0 issues.
My typical move is to wait for a musicians friend 15% sale, tell zzounds and they price match plus making it like 18% off, then grab the 4 month payments if it's a big price item. Great deals this way!

Yup, no issues....bought guitars, amps, and effects. Dig their CS and their price matching. If you can find a lower price listed on the web somewhere, they'll match it as long as you give them the web address so they can verify.

thanks guys for all the input.
I'm thinking of getting a guitar that's a "Blemished" item. So I wonder if anyone had issues dealing with them, especially with refund.

They are hassle-free. I buy all the time, big and small items, and have done many returns without issue. The payments plans are easy to work with too.

Bought my USA Tele Deluxe last year and the Guitar in my sig is pre ordered through them. :thumbsup: I was nervous about not playing before buying but it was perfect.

I Just bought "Blackie" Eric Clapton Strat from AMS and they hard pinged my credit :gethim: Neither sweetwater or zZounds did that so they might not get anymore of my biz. Will have to talk to them next time :confused:

Zzounds is my go-to. The don't price match, they BEAT prices. Customers Service is excellent, and they've surpassed AMS in most departments, (and I spent almost 20k with AMS over 10 years).

Can't go wrong!

napalmdeath":sxyls1be said:
Zzounds is my go-to. The don't price match, they BEAT prices. Customers Service is excellent, and they've surpassed AMS in most departments, (and I spent almost 20k with AMS over 10 years).

Can't go wrong!

I thought they were the same company? AMS and Zzounds has the exact same guitars for sale.

I think they're all under the same corporation (along with other big names), but they are individual offshoots that each want your business to go to them. So yes, the same VPs and CEOs all get your money, but for our purposes consider them separate- and use that to get price match plus

I have purchased gear from Zzounds/American Musical/Same Day (all the same company) for years now. I had next to no worries with them until recently, my last purchase in fact.

Got an amp and did it over the 4 payment plan.

The amp went belly up in 3 weeks, they said they'd refund or replace, I said let's go with the replacement as the amp sounded great while it worked. Oh no, the problem was there was no amp in stock but they would get one quick and in a jiffy. Three months go by, still no amp but they now have all my loot. I ask them for an ETA for my replacement, no ETA. I wait another 3 weeks (now almost 5 months from the start), I ask to simply replace the defective amp with other gear that totalled a few $ more than the original purchase price, that I'd simply pay the add'l then and there.

They said no, that it would impact the payment plan.

I said there is no more payment plan, that I paid the amp to $0 7 weeks prior, that they had all my $ while I had nothing and I would just pay off the $8 more then and there.

They again said no, that it would impact the payment plan, that they could refund the money to me and that I would then need to re-tell them what I wanted to get as it would need to be a different order.

I got my $ back and put it towards a new 8 string from Sweetwater rather than getting the same thing from Zzounds.

Throughout this ordeal they were passive-aggressive asses the entire time.

I'd buy from them again, but major purchases won't be through them. Less than $1k yes, more than $1k I'm going to Sweetwater.

Derek

I like them better than AMS...

They are supposed to be affiliated with AMS but AMS suck ass...

AMS "Bant me" for life because of returns... but I have spent about 30-40k there since 2002 and have kept about 75% of the crap I bought there...

Back