Some shots for you guys

Jeff Hilligan":3r5u5twl said:
Random stuff from Michael. Out of courtesy to Michael and his privacy of his studio, won't be posting video or any other pictures. All the ones at the end are final settings when we recorded the module.

http://gallery.me.com/jeffhilligan#100163
why aren´t such recordings done with a vintage fender strat, or a gibson les paul, or a gretsch 6120....etc...?
...on the one hand we want authentic fender, vox and plexi modules...and then we listen to files, recorded with some heavy metal guitar...????
sorry, but i don´t really understand that...
rudi

rudomat":f9y5s0fr said:
Jeff Hilligan":f9y5s0fr said:
Random stuff from Michael. Out of courtesy to Michael and his privacy of his studio, won't be posting video or any other pictures. All the ones at the end are final settings when we recorded the module.

http://gallery.me.com/jeffhilligan#100163
why aren´t such recordings done with a vintage fender strat, or a gibson les paul, or a gretsch 6120....etc...?
...on the one hand we want authentic fender, vox and plexi modules...and then we listen to files, recorded with some heavy metal guitar...????
sorry, but i don´t really understand that...
rudi

Come on do you think I am that dumb? Of course I had Keith use the appropriate guitar for the module. He used a strat, his Suhr, His Tyler and my PRS single cut.

Bryan who just stopped by to take a listen and play a bit used his JP Ernie Ball. It didn't fit with the tunes but I now have a different sound with some of the modules.

Page":2zfcgbmg said:
Yes! The salvation mods are going to be recorded right? What do u think of them?

I played them but no recording of them. The sound fine. Both Michael and I believe they are an improvement on the Randall modules. But ours still seemed to have more refinement to them or as Michael puts it heart.

Jeff Hilligan":1i8mz4z5 said:
Page":1i8mz4z5 said:
Yes! The salvation mods are going to be recorded right? What do u think of them?

I played them but no recording of them. The sound fine. Both Michael and I believe they are an improvement on the Randall modules. But ours still seemed to have more refinement to them or as Michael puts it heart.

Awwww, it's because you guys build them with the secret ingredient...

Love.

:emofag: :emofag: :emofag: :emofag: :emofag: :emofag:

RockStarNick":z6klozy7 said:
fuzzyguitars":z6klozy7 said:
wow

they like their tones bright over there!

That's what I thought too... but we don't know where their presence knob was set...

still presence on 0 with those settings is gonna be bright!!! ;)

but one thing to consider is the sovteks 5881s are a bit dark on the top end so. Assuming that's the power tubes they used.

Plus it also depends on the speaker selection too. Depends on that mostly IMHO.

i would hazard a guess that it is also running through the mw1 which you can also tweak the tones a bit.

and i think he also goes through some tape emulators which will fatten up the sound and make it less bright.

And it is Michael Wagener - God of 80s Metal Tones (Dokken, Krokus, Accept, etc., etc., etc.) Could just be the way he likes it :thumbsup:

I know my ears would be bleeding if I had those settings on my rigs.

Definitely looking forward to hearing the clips though. I've never heard a bad sound recorded by that man so I have no doubt things are gonna sound great.

muudrock":hbn9e2na said:

Definitely looking forward to hearing the clips though. I've never heard a bad sound recorded by that man so I have no doubt things are gonna sound great.

it took me a second or two but your avatar is funny as hell! :LOL: :LOL:

fuzzyguitars":3ux4ju03 said:
muudrock":3ux4ju03 said:

Uh, I did not find that Swedish "car" funny at all... :)

Speaking of Salvation mods, I think I prefer Eggies.

fuzzyguitars":1f7f63gp said:
muudrock":1f7f63gp said:

Took me a few when I first saw it too :LOL: :LOL:

Check it out ya'll. Bruce Egnater and Jeff Hillagan taking note of what the twisted gearoholic forum member junkies have requested and are putting together serious gear, serious recording and serious playing to give you the best demos possible over the internet. They are going to let everyone know what these marvelous amps sound like. It's something I hear people complaining about all the time. "So and so makes a great amp, but why do their demos SUCK?!!!!"

Back