Youtube guitar celebrities

errrrrl":3fucej31 said:
I think I am more ok with youtube guitar/guitar gear guys trying to make a name or making a living off of that than reality TV stars like the Kardashians that in my eyes do nothing but preach stupidity and get paid a shit load for it :doh:

But overall if they have useful information and you manage to learn something from them then thats cool to me. I came across a channel recently from a guy who must have a really bitch'in job cause homeboy has some amazing ass high dollar gear but man... he literally can barely play. It's hard listening to a guy reviewing some high end gear while he is struggling to play basic beginner level type riffs. But he has subscribers so if he can do it, anybody with a good job and gear can do it I guess :LOL: :LOL:

I think I have an idea of who you are talking about as well.

I will say there have been several channels like that where its motivated me to be a better player over worrying about the next best piece of gear. My guitar teacher absolutely shreds and I think he is basically using an old valvestate combo. There are other people who are putting out pretty killer vids with gear that most of us turn our nose up at. I think there was this one girl playing covers of Anthrax, Mastodon, and a few other bands with a peavey bandit and sounds killer.

JerEvil":32l511uk said:
errrrrl":32l511uk said:
I think I am more ok with youtube guitar/guitar gear guys trying to make a name or making a living off of that than reality TV stars like the Kardashians that in my eyes do nothing but preach stupidity and get paid a shit load for it :doh:

But overall if they have useful information and you manage to learn something from them then thats cool to me. I came across a channel recently from a guy who must have a really bitch'in job cause homeboy has some amazing ass high dollar gear but man... he literally can barely play. It's hard listening to a guy reviewing some high end gear while he is struggling to play basic beginner level type riffs. But he has subscribers so if he can do it, anybody with a good job and gear can do it I guess :LOL: :LOL:
I feel like I know who you're talking about. Super nice dude though. He does have killer gear and at least he is very open about where he's at as a player. He's changing his channel format up a bit.

oh yeah, I know who you are talking about, clearly its Pete Thorn. dude can barely play, he has us all hoodwinked!

Meh opinions.

Rob Chapman can play the guitar, Rabbea is excellent and the video spliffer posted was boring as hell. I don't think Chapman is the greatest of all time but he can definitely play. He is also worth a couple million now so he is doing something right.

I used to hate it. Seeing all these bedroom guys who never been in a band, probably couldn't perform on stage and put in ZERO band work their entire life make good money sitting in their room on youtube.

But then I realized, it isn't 1995 anymore. Things are different now and it is what it is. Music flavors have changed quite a bit as well.

Edit: The Tone King :LOL: :LOL: THAT is a perfect example of what I think the OP was trying to say. IMO of course. TTK can't play for shit and his tone is even worse BUT his personality is awesome.

The worst part about The Tone King is that he calls himself The Tone King lol

If he was "The Brooklyn Guitar Dude" or "The Tone Peasant" I'd be fine with it :LOL: :LOL:

I personally like Smaller channels more as they usually review gear more towards my taste, like Rockinchippy, Steve from Boston etc.

I like channels like troy grady and rick graham, for lessons, especially troy grady, he analyzes playing techniques to the tiniest detail, and has figured out some amazing stuff. and he can cut loose on the guitar!

Troy Grady is like watching the Learning Channel for Shred Guitar. Honestly I would watch 1 hour shows from him daily if he were on t.v. even if I didnt play guitar. Those Cracking the Code videos were really original and fun

The Tone King is the most ironic name ever. He has an absolutely insane amount of cool gear and he makes all of it sound terrible. Plus he seems kinda like a weasel. Like a guy who owns a Pawn Shop in the bad part of town who smells like Bengay and has some teenage crack head living with him as a sex slave.

ClintN667":1z57pasx said:
The Tone King is the most ironic name ever. He has an absolutely insane amount of cool gear and he makes all of it sound terrible. Plus he seems kinda like a weasel. Like a guy who owns a Pawn Shop in the bad part of town who smells like Bengay and has some teenage crack head living with him as a sex slave.

I'm surprised gear companies aren't paying him NOT to play their gear. He makes everything sound like greasy monkey farts.

I dont sit around liste.ing to any you tube videos, but I do like when I google search a piece of equipment and find a good video of a co.parison. personally. I like andertons videos, they're cheesy. But they're english.. and they usually do have a pretty good representation of the gear. They're also really damn nice guys. And theyve got a store that will make any of us jealous compared to guitar center.

Some of the guys out there trying to make a money And they're in their third month of lessons are the ones that annoy me. tune the damn guitar and learn how to mic it.

ClintN667":2w0777tp said:
Troy Grady is like watching the Learning Channel for Shred Guitar. Honestly I would watch 1 hour shows from him daily if he were on t.v. even if I didnt play guitar. Those Cracking the Code videos were really original and fun

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he does seem like a pawn shop owner in bad part of town!! bengay smell with teenage crackhead sex slave, whoa!!!!!!

Fiesta Red":2ih4u3vl said:
ClintN667":2ih4u3vl said:

I'm surprised gear companies aren't paying him NOT to play their gear. He makes everything sound like greasy monkey farts.

yeah man. He has an amazing way of making the most awesome gear sound terrible. He did a shoot out of the victory Kraken vs the JJ jr. a comparison that sounds like a fun an interesting demo but then I saw who was doing it and true to form both sounded terrible which is a feat of in itself.

Toby's guitar demos does a great job of showcase amps or amp comparisons. Its one a the very few times that a demo has matched up with my experience when actually trying the amp.

Kapo_Polenton":3b17szzy said:
Devin":3b17szzy said:
Diezel123":3b17szzy said:
Devin":3b17szzy said:
The Tone King bast getar celebrity evar

:LOL: :LOL: surely this is in jest?!

I'm pretty sure he's super serious about it :LOL: :LOL:

Here's another gem of his:

I don't know.., between Chris Holmes and the Toneking, it is pretty dead even :D

At least he sorta plays in key in his solo. But my god! My brain hurts now.

scottosan":381eov0l said:
It's because Andertons sells more gear and a larger following. Talent is secondary

On a side note Mateus Asato is a legit YouTube guitar celeb

I just bought his shiva 20th combo.. Still play like me :doh:

GregM":2ubp965f said:
There's some pretty entertaining drama with Rob Chapman going on that I just stumbled onto at 3 AM this morning. Start here:

And there's quite a bit of follow up stuff from Chapman and others.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... an+exposed

I went through all those yesterday too... Could spell the beginning of the end for Chappers...

Here was a recent vid of him that just reeks of desperation... And narcissism... Yet no apology for the so-called drama...

https://youtu.be/vhoCuwxSnrw

Riff City’s letter about the topic...

https://riffcityguitar.com/rob-chapman- ... rticle-mp/

"... my process of learning about this world I find myself in... "
For those for whom this isn't obvious, that's classic victim speak. :yes:

Poor guy. Lucky most of us don't have to deal with this unique challenge. :confused:

Back