fortin evil pumpkin, seems like a really good deal (ie price

Status
Not open for further replies.

diezelduder

essentially looks like the best of whatever people are saying currently that mike ripped off,

like a natas and the cali with some extra bs for less than both or even just the cali

idk where it's made, (cough china??) cough i have the new corona virus, shit, but a pretty cool amp!

soooo idk tell me i'd be better if i supported the literal devil or supported (insert your political enemy)

but seriously even a bought a used satan/thrasher and then a (insert relatively cheap modded marshall) you'd most likely spend more than 3k

but i wanna know what you think?

besides whatever non-sense about the hackish nature (which i agree with) about fortin in general or larry being a better and more innovative amp builder better builder and having been ripped off

thanks

492914.jpg

BS aside, that amp sounds great from the clips.

Still has that high mid "honk" ( I dont even call it honk but everyone else does, more like a klank to me )but it seems very slight and manageable on this amp from what I can tell. Sounds brutal and tight.

IIRC these are being made in the UK. The clips I have heard sounded great and yes the price isn't bad at all.

Me and Jason made this vid at Namm. I think we did a great job of capturing it and NOT having it sound like a produced album tone. The amp was killer in person. Single e609 mic on the cab. Skip to about 1:44 on the clip for playing. He talks about the features before that.

If you listen to the other vids, they are more full mix stuff that artists came in and did with drum tracks and dual mic'd. Not knocking those vids at all (Teemu was amazing) but this I think represents the amp well enough. the KK channel was awesome in person.

And yes, these and the Sigil are made in the UK and not China.

JerEvil":1gkx2lbr said:

Me and Jason made this vid at Namm. I think we did a great job of capturing it and NOT having it sound like a produced album tone. The amp was killer in person.
Hmm... killer in person?
I only can judge the guitar sound of the YT clip, since I haven't been there in person, but what by no means could kill me.
Boomy honky low mids w/o real lows and highs, which came to my ears like the voice of a singer with a glogged nose.
Allowedly, this deficit could have been caused by the guitar and/or the PU, but...

... what I've heard is a only slightly, not deep enough revised NATAS and again a poorly copied DINO Scream channel.
Maybe the mastermind should inquire at another amp designer from Germany, whether at least he'd make him appropriate output transformers?

novosibir":3f612ebo said:
JerEvil":3f612ebo said:

Me and Jason made this vid at Namm. I think we did a great job of capturing it and NOT having it sound like a produced album tone. The amp was killer in person.
Hmm... killer in person?
I only can judge the guitar sound of the YT clip, since I haven't been there in person, but what by no means could kill me.
Boomy honky low mids w/o real lows and highs, which came to my ears like the voice of a singer with a glogged nose.
Allowedly, this deficit could have been caused by the guitar and/or the PU, but...

... what I've heard is a only slightly, not deep enough revised NATAS and again a poorly copied DINO Scream channel.
Maybe the mastermind should inquire at another amp designer from Germany, whether at least he'd make him appropriate output transformers?
source.gif

Here we go again!!!!!

Fuck, this is getting old pretty quickly huh?

Damn.

Harmony Central at it’s finest before it died.

errrrrl":183npm40 said:
Spaceboy":183npm40 said:
I must’ve missed something. This board anti-Fortin now?
Sure seems like it

Nah, just like 3 guys with nothing better to do than try to attack Mike and myself anytime the name comes up. So far the 3-4 amps done have been "Cloned ripoffs" of like 15 different amps no one can decide on, and those "clones" sound nothing like the "originals". :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The vast majority of the dudes on here are good people. I've had several of them hit me up on socials cracking up over this. It's just not worth the time to engage (see what I did there?!). Better to stay positive and stoked on music and all the new gear and options we have!

Bunch more demos of the Pumpkin here, we mic'd the cab and then ran into a PreSonus StudioLive, with the dude's backing tracks. Hopefully you guys enjoy!:
https://www.youtube.com/user/FortinAmps/videos

Guys like Car Bomb, Wintersun, Vitriol, Aborted, etc. We will be adding more too, and Jason will do a proper rundown soon as well. Jer, your video sounds great! Still not sure how you managed to do that in the deafening roar of NAMM! We had the sound police stand in front of the booth and tell us to turn down, so we shut the amps literally off, and the decibel meter still registered the same. :D :LOL: :LOL: Always down to help if you guys need more info, just shoot an email! I like nerding out over gear, and even though I am just the A&R guy, I can at least point ya in the right direction!

engage757":16ey9ohd said:
errrrrl":16ey9ohd said:
Spaceboy":16ey9ohd said:
Sure seems like it

Nah, just like 3 guys with nothing better to do than try to attack Mike and myself anytime the name comes up. So far the 3-4 amps done have been "Cloned ripoffs" of like 15 different amps no one can decide on, and those "clones" sound nothing like the "originals". :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The vast majority of the dudes on here are good people. I've had several of them hit me up on socials cracking up over this. It's just not worth the time to engage (see what I did there?!).

Bunch more demos of the Pumpkin here, we mic'd the cab and then ran into a PreSonus StudioLive, with the dude's backing tracks. Hopefully you guys enjoy!:

Guys like Car Bomb, Wintersun, Vitriol, Aborted, etc. We will be adding more too, and Jason will do a proper rundown soon as well. Jer, your video sounds great! Still not sure how you managed to do that in the deafening roar of NAMM! We had the sound police stand in front of the booth and tell us to turn down, so we shut the amps literally off, and the decibel meter still registered the same. :D :LOL: :LOL: Always down to help if you guys need more info, just shoot an email! I like nerding out over gear, and even though I am just the A&R guy, I can at least point ya in the right direction!
Hey you hoser! Go steal more amps! LOL!

Yeah man the amp is fucking killer. Was glad to have time to sit down with it and the Sigil. Was glad it came out as good as it did, given all that honkey mid-range and what not...

:)

JerEvil":3sx41sdr said:
engage757":3sx41sdr said:
errrrrl":3sx41sdr said:
Spaceboy":3sx41sdr said:
Sure seems like it

The vast majority of the dudes on here are good people. I've had several of them hit me up on socials cracking up over this. It's just not worth the time to engage (see what I did there?!).

Hey you hoser! Go steal more amps! LOL!

Yeah man the amp is fucking killer. Was glad to have time to sit down with it and the Sigil. Was glad it came out as good as it did, give all that honkey mid-range and what not...

:)

Yeah definitely need to scoop those honkey mids, change those pickups, turn the amp upside down, etc. Or imagine trying to dial in multiple amp tones for a NAMM video. You would have been there all day. "My iPhone speaker that is 2cm I am listening to this on would DEFINITELY pick up the low end that isn't there" :LOL: :LOL:

I think I've decided I miss forums sometimes. :D

DeathbyButterslax":1ch6byzm said:
errrrrl":1ch6byzm said:
Spaceboy":1ch6byzm said:
Sure seems like it

:LOL: :LOL: man it’s more like this board is anti-everything depending on the day of the week
:LOL: :LOL: Pretty much

Some of it is starting to sound like fancy pants snubbery though... I'd like to hear some clips from the shit talkers personally. If they got amps better and more original than Fortin or whoever cool, I'd like to hear it, make me a believer. :cheers: Let see some clips! :rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back