Gil Yaron 59 Replica Headstock Repair

Devin":3avpvaoy said:
Inca Roads":3avpvaoy said:
After reading this ^^^
This is how I feel!!!

2wrhf1j.jpg

Keep reading; doesn't seem like this Steve_K guy is as golden as he makes himself out to be :gethim:

That clip of the phone call is quite telling; I'd love to hear more of that hahhah.

This is a very, very fishy situation :thumbsdown:

really? regardless of who you are.....spend 10k on a guitar, and have it arrive broken....then see how level headed, tolerant, politically correct, and "clean" any of us talk on the phone for a few days.....fuck, i'd still be swearing about it this time next year if it happened to me last week. maybe it's just me, and im not on all the meds some people seem to be on or whatever else....like i said, i'd be upset beyond words too....

Just off the phone with the other party's and we have reached an amicable solution that works out best for us all considering logistics and time involved.

Putting this rest. Now, let Greg get on with the repair.

This thread has inspired me to order one of these from Gil Yaron

There is not 1 person who was seriously thinking of ordering one of these guitars that will change their mind because of this thread or the one on TGP.

The only thing that will happen is that people will insist on better packaging :yes:

People working things out is good.

And I can oly say Steve has been more than fair with the half dozen things I have bought from him.

Hope it goes well.

steve_k":2w262lzw said:
Just off the phone with the other party's and we have reached an amicable solution that works out best for us all considering logistics and time involved.

So glad to read this! :rock:

scriptphase":3mndkimq said:
steve_k":3mndkimq said:

So glad to read this! :rock:

Congratulations!!!

BYTOR":3jvaacfx said:
This thread has inspired me to order one of these from Gil Yaron

There is not 1 person who was seriously thinking of ordering one of these guitars that will change their mind because of this thread or the one on TGP.
:
There is also no one that has followed either thread that doesn't now know who Gil Yaron is and what he does.No such thing as bad publicity. No doubt all involved will benefit from the flame war advertising campaign.

steve_k":2bc80ap9 said:

Cheers, glad to hear it. Troll boners just went limp.

Just an FYI to all out there...pretty much every major manufacturer sends out thier guitars in its case and tossed in the cardboard box...ZERO packing material. I have seen guitars north of 14k in a box without a drop of anything between try cardboard and the case...it's pretty much standard practice. If you listen to Gil's reasoning behind the triangle box, it actually makes sense.

Also, when you ship internationally you take a huge risk that customs will unpack and inspect and then the shipment continues...have had this happen to me 3 times shipping overseas where guys have commented on no packing material when a guitar I shipped arrived when I know for a fact I packed it to the hilt.

In this case, many of you are commenting...my question is if the guitar arrived in the USA, why in the world was it not inspected if there was any question about how it was packed??? I mean if I had a large number of guitars shipped to my mother...she would immediately notify me if one showed up that didn't look right....any I would be checking up on the one I dropped a cool 10 grand on I can pretty much GUARUNTEE. Steve was totally responsible for the second shipment and if went out the same way Gil shipped it then he is just as responsible!!

The whole mail fraud phone call just pisses me off, as that's the whole reason I can't get my shit insured properly is due to people with false claims..:

Good on Gil for actually backing this. Same with Cliff as I have met his family and just could never see him ever doing anything even remotely questionable....

Steve, I hope you learned a lesson here about how you can screw yourself trying to save a few bucks shipping something not properly insured...there is no going back to try and add proper insurance once your shit is broken!!!

RedRider":2kczx0iw said:
Just an FYI to all out there...pretty much every major manufacturer sends out thier guitars in its case and tossed in the cardboard box...ZERO packing material. I have seen guitars north of 14k in a box without a drop of anything between try cardboard and the case...it's pretty much standard practice. If you listen to Gil's reasoning behind the triangle box, it actually makes sense.

Also, when you ship internationally you take a huge risk that customs will unpack and inspect and then the shipment continues...have had this happen to me 3 times shipping overseas where guys have commented on no packing material when a guitar I shipped arrived when I know for a fact I packed it to the hilt.

In this case, many of you are commenting...my question is if the guitar arrived in the USA, why in the world was it not inspected if there was any question about how it was packed??? I mean if I had a large number of guitars shipped to my mother...she would immediately notify me if one showed up that didn't look right....any I would be checking up on the one I dropped a cool 10 grand on I can pretty much GUARUNTEE. Steve was totally responsible for the second shipment and if went out the same way Gil shipped it then he is just as responsible!!

The whole mail fraud phone call just pisses me off, as that's the whole reason I can't get my shit insured properly is due to people with false claims..:

Good on Gil for actually backing this. Same with Cliff as I have met his family and just could never see him ever doing anything even remotely questionable....

Steve, I hope you learned a lesson here about how you can screw yourself trying to save a few bucks shipping something not properly insured...there is no going back to try and add proper insurance once your shit is broken!!!

Bravo..... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Shawn Lutz":8bjl78a6 said:
Bob Savage":8bjl78a6 said:
It's always good to hear both sides of the story and I retract my emotionally charged statement made earlier in this thread. I'm usually one to say "there's 3 sides to every story," yet still responded negatively without knowing all the facts. Not taking sides even at this point, but it's obvious that something here is amiss.

Whatever the case may be, I hope this gets worked out to the benefit of all parties.

+1, same here.

+2

I hope it all works out. Easy to get charged up when money and sentimentality gets involved. Beautiful guitars, great builder and a good guy in Steve. Hope it all works out. :thumbsup:

shade":3t1o4aj5 said:
Amazing that Gil recorded that conversation... Is that legal?

It seems pretty standard these days. I used to talk to an ampbuilder pretty frequently and considered him a friend. I actually came *this* close to pulling the trigger and buying one of his amps after a phone conversation one day...until I said something he didn't agree with in an AIM conversation (which was a ridiculous joke about a shattered mirror and making a Paul Stanley amp), he went off on me and said he "logged all of our conversations" which seemed really fucking creepy and weird to me. I decided to cut off all contact with him and wrote him off as a neurotic asshole. I still might buy one of his amps if I ever see one floating around used though, as I think he had some pretty good ideas on tone and a good ear for it.

kalt":1l61vulz said:
Wow. I'm never going to get those fifteen minutes back...........

But, glad it worked out!

:LOL: :LOL:

You hear about the explosion at the cheese factory??

..all that remained was debris!

This thread was like a roller coaster ride from hell while tripping on LSD..... which I have never tried by the way. I'm too much of a wuss, but I imagine that's what it was like. I'm glad I wasn't actually on the roller coaster like those involved in this transaction. Excuse me while I go ball up into the fetal position and cry myself to sleep. :)

Chubtone":wma0zclk said:
This thread was like a roller coaster ride from hell while tripping on LSD..... which I have never tried by the way. I'm too much of a wuss, but I imagine that's what it was like. I'm glad I wasn't actually on the roller coaster like those involved in this transaction. Excuse me while I go ball up into the fetal position and cry myself to sleep. :)

Never been on a roller coaster...?

Back