Musikraft Relic Project is Finished 12/22 - Pics at End!

Man! didn't realize everyone is toasting necks these days.....
I bought a few old ones before things went thru the roof $$.
Musikraft is good stuff, great wood selction and good peoples.

Are you looking at a certain mr Joe Holmes for inspiration Steve?!
I would kill for a nice flooded strat like that with a large h/stock ;)

Can't wait to see the end result!

Aidanspaghetti":10bslbyh said:
Are you looking at a certain mr Joe Holmes for inspiration Steve?!
I would kill for a nice flooded strat like that with a large h/stock ;)

Can't wait to see the end result!
Yeah, for sure Joe's strats/Charvels were an inspiration for this! Mine will be different though in that I'm going to keep the 5 way in the same place, I'll keep the normal strat controls for tone and volume and I'm going to use a NOS Floyd with no fine tuners that I got from Steve Ripley in conjunction with Sperzel locking tuners - no floyd locknut. I think that will stay in tune great... I'll post updates...

Steve

sounds like a cool build. Musikraft makes great stuff, love their necks and a build to you own neck specs as I like fat profiles.

Shawn Lutz":16fvz9lx said:
sounds like a cool build. Musikraft makes great stuff, love their necks and a build to you own neck specs as I like fat profiles.
Yes, me too. The Music Zoo Charvel profile is my favorite and it is fat and 1 3/4" nut. Pretty much what I ordered here...

Steve

Little update on the project. I just got my parts from Musikraft and I always like to build the guitar (enough to position things like pick guard with the bridge pickup to line up the pole pieces, etc.) before it gets painted, so I put the parts together today. Here are some pics. Really pleased with the parts. Neck is killer! Now it is off the MJT for relic finish on the body and they will also put on the headstock decal and shoot the top of the headstock only in clear lacquer to protect it.

BTW - to all this who want to bitch at me for the logo, save your breath. I don't give a crap, it's my guitar and I'll do what I want! :LOL: :LOL:

jh_1.jpg

jh_2.jpg

jh_3.jpg

jh_4.jpg

jh_9.jpg

jh_10.jpg

Check out that birdseye! Neck is roasted maple and then dark oil finished:

jh_5.jpg

jh_13.jpg

jh_14.jpg

jh_7.jpg

jh_8.jpg

jh_6.jpg

jh_11.jpg

jh_12.jpg

Here is the bridge pickup I've chosen. I have some Wizz single coils coming for the other positions:

jh_15.jpg

Authentic 1968 logo for the headstock:

jh_16.jpg

Here's the case it will be traveling to MJT in Monday:

jh_17.jpg

jh_18.jpg

Steve

jcmlespaul":27zvj5nv said:
Looking forward to hearing you play it
Hopefully the treatments I'm having will allow me to do it justice!

Steve

That is going to be killer. Neck looks awesome and I'm a fan of the large headstocks.

that is a pretty hot bridge pickup....I have been on a lower output PU's of late.

This makes me want to break out my beat up naturally reliced 70's strat that I routed for humbuckers myself with a hammer and chisel as a dumb teen :LOL: :LOL: neck needs a refret.

logo police? eff em and let their panties get knotted...I have 6 or so Musikraft necks that I logo'd with Charvel logos on my replicas, as long as you don't sell them as originals its all good

tripstan":2xm96v1e said:
where did u source the OG floyd trem?
Thing looks sick!
I got two NOS ones (never used) of them from Steve Ripley. He had them sitting around from when he was at Kramer. Floyd Rose re-issued them for awhile, but they don't seem to be making them anymore...

Steve

thenine":29w76mfb said:
holy moly - looks killer! Just wondering about that no lock nut / no fine tuners,...
I believe that it will stay in tune great with just the locking tuners and the Floyd... I've got a Franky clone I built that has locking tuners and a Callaham term and it stays in tune great. I think the Floyd will be even better...

Steve

Shawn Lutz":1avu1e2e said:
That is going to be killer. Neck looks awesome and I'm a fan of the large headstocks.

Yeah, they've really grown on me. My Franky clone has one as well...

that is a pretty hot bridge pickup....I have been on a lower output PU's of late.

It is and it is just an experiment. I've been using low output OX4 hums lately and I dig them, but I wanted to try something different. One of the guys I know who digs the low output stuff got one of the RTMs and was raving about it so I thought I'd give one a try...

This makes me want to break out my beat up naturally reliced 70's strat that I routed for humbuckers myself with a hammer and chisel as a dumb teen :LOL: :LOL: neck needs a refret.

Do eet!

logo police? eff em and let their panties get knotted...I have 6 or so Musikraft necks that I logo'd with Charvel logos on my replicas, as long as you don't sell them as originals its all good

No doubt. If I ever sell a clone, I always say it is a clone.

Steve

That's gonna be cool!
Love the non-fine tuner Floyd and what's the scoop on the Duncan RTM pickup?

I recently had my ash strat body refinished in a 3 color burst and got a Warmoth CBS strat headstock/maple neck to go with it.
I had the body made around '83 so it's cool having it resurrected.

Cheers,
Jim

The neck is too dark for me but its yours, so. :)
Very cool guitar though. Can't wait to hear it.
Love a beat up Strat.

JiMB":28q64h1k said:
That's gonna be cool!

I recently had my ash strat body refinished in a 3 color burst and got a Warmoth CBS strat headstock/maple neck to go with it.

Cheers,
Jim
The RTM is Warren DiMartini's sig pickup. Something like a JB I guess, we'll see...

Steve

sah5150":1niopbfg said:
JiMB":1niopbfg said:
That's gonna be cool!

Cheers,
Jim
The RTM is Warren DiMartini's sig pickup. Something like a JB I guess, we'll see...

Steve
Ok, cool, thanks.
I Googled it after I asked.
Looking forward to seeing/hearing the guitar when it's done.

Back