Musikraft Relic Project is Finished 12/22 - Pics at End!

I got some progress pictures of my body from Matt at MJT. They still have to do the finish checking and "dirty" it up a bit, but it is close to done. Yellowing looks really good. Pretty much just what I wanted and I think it's going to come out GREAT! :

rel_1.jpg

rel_2.jpg

rel_3.jpg

rel_4.jpg

rel_5.jpg

Steve

sah5150":e1na39x1 said:
JiMB":e1na39x1 said:
That's gonna be cool!
Love the non-fine tuner Floyd and what's the scoop on the Duncan RTM pickup?

I recently had my ash strat body refinished in a 3 color burst and got a Warmoth CBS strat headstock/maple neck to go with it.
I had the body made around '83 so it's cool having it resurrected.

Cheers,
Jim
The RTM is Warren DiMartini's sig pickup. Something like a JB I guess, we'll see...

Steve

try the Lynch Super V bridge pup, you will LOVE IT!!! It is easily one of the best pups I have played, and I have tried MANY!! Its a high output pickup, but acts and feels like a mid output pup. But, when using it with high gain, it ROARS!! I have played the DeMartini bridge pup, and I thought the Super V was better in every way. The story I have heard is that when they were creating the JB, that the pickup that became known as the Super V was the runner up prototype to become the JB. Someone at Duncan told Lynch about it, and he tried it and loved it and it became his signature pickup. I have had Super V's in maple bodies, alder, basswood, basswood with maple top, and mahog with maple top, and it sounded great in EVERY body!!! Just thought I would mention it, sorry for the rambling paragraph on the positive attributes of the pick up.

sah5150":2rq5s22y said:
I got some progress pictures of my body from Matt at MJT. They still have to do the finish checking and "dirty" it up a bit, but it is close to done. Yellowing looks really good. Pretty much just what I wanted and I think it's going to come out GREAT! :

rel_1.jpg

rel_2.jpg

rel_3.jpg

rel_4.jpg

rel_5.jpg

Steve

This looks great Steve!!! is the name of the company MJT? I would like to do something like this when I have spare cash someday. What do you look up to find them? This guitar will be cool, cant wait to see/hear it!! through a Cherry Bomb!!

mooncobra":kq8jrfgg said:
This looks great Steve!!! is the name of the company MJT? I would like to do something like this when I have spare cash someday. What do you look up to find them? This guitar will be cool, cant wait to see/hear it!! through a Cherry Bomb!!
Thanks and here ya go:

http://mjtagedfinishes.com

Steve

Shawn Lutz":37c1itu1 said:
That is going to be killer. Neck looks awesome and I'm a fan of the large headstocks.

that is a pretty hot bridge pickup....I have been on a lower output PU's of late.

This makes me want to break out my beat up naturally reliced 70's strat that I routed for humbuckers myself with a hammer and chisel as a dumb teen :LOL: :LOL: neck needs a refret.

logo police? eff em and let their panties get knotted...I have 6 or so Musikraft necks that I logo'd with Charvel logos on my replicas, as long as you don't sell them as originals its all good

I plunged a router through my Strat as a dumb teen... :D

mooncobra":3m8st0pn said:
sah5150":3m8st0pn said:
JiMB":3m8st0pn said:
That's gonna be cool!
Love the non-fine tuner Floyd and what's the scoop on the Duncan RTM pickup?

I recently had my ash strat body refinished in a 3 color burst and got a Warmoth CBS strat headstock/maple neck to go with it.
I had the body made around '83 so it's cool having it resurrected.

Cheers,
Jim
The RTM is Warren DiMartini's sig pickup. Something like a JB I guess, we'll see...

Steve

try the Lynch Super V bridge pup, you will LOVE IT!!! It is easily one of the best pups I have played, and I have tried MANY!! Its a high output pickup, but acts and feels like a mid output pup. But, when using it with high gain, it ROARS!! I have played the DeMartini bridge pup, and I thought the Super V was better in every way. The story I have heard is that when they were creating the JB, that the pickup that became known as the Super V was the runner up prototype to become the JB. Someone at Duncan told Lynch about it, and he tried it and loved it and it became his signature pickup. I have had Super V's in maple bodies, alder, basswood, basswood with maple top, and mahog with maple top, and it sounded great in EVERY body!!! Just thought I would mention it, sorry for the rambling paragraph on the positive attributes of the pick up.
If I end up not liking the RTM, I'll check it out.

Steve

Onzabar":2yiugphc said:
The birdseye on that neck is insane! :rock: Can't wait to see the finished product.
david simpson":2yiugphc said:
Love that neck!!
It is a killer neck! More pics once I get the thing back from MJT and put it together...

Steve

Here is the final aging of the body with the aged plastic parts. This will be shipped back to me today. MJT did a GREAT job - can't wait to build it!

final_1.jpg

final_3.jpg

Steve

sah5150":5d6o75q4 said:
Here is the final aging of the body with the aged plastic parts. This will be shipped back to me today. MJT did a GREAT job - can't wait to build it!

final_1.jpg

final_3.jpg

Steve

Looks great. Let me know what you think of the pickguard and covers. I am having MJT paint a body for me right now and I am thinking of buying the plastic also. Again I think it looks great!

Jet Troop":x0pm6fv7 said:
sah5150":x0pm6fv7 said:

final_1.jpg

final_3.jpg

Steve

Looks great. Let me know what you think of the pickguard and covers. I am having MJT paint a body for me right now and I am thinking of buying the plastic also. Again I think it looks great!
Will do - the pickguard was supplied by me though - they just relic'd it...

Steve

Back