Musikraft Relic Project is Finished 12/22 - Pics at End!

A

Anonymous

I just did an order with Musikraft for a relic srat I'm going to build with a Private Reserve Birdseye neck that will be roasted. H-S-S, NOS original Floyd with no fine tuners, normal tusq nut and sperzel locking tuners. Haven't figured out what I'm gonna put in the bridge yet, but I went with Wizz '60-63 single coils for neck and middle. Gonna have it finished in Nitro Vintage White over 3 color sunburst and then relic'd. Neck will not be relic'd and will look like a new replacement neck on an old strat:

CBS Strat Neck (1 pc)
Options:
Scale: 25.5 Standard Fender
Orientation: Right Handed
Number Frets: 21 Fret
Nut Style: Fender Flat Bottom
Nut Width: 1-3/4 (44.45mm)
Heel Width: 2-3/16 (55.56mm) Standard Fender
Tuner Holes: 10 MM (Sperzel/Gotoh/Schaller)
Truss Rod: Vintage Single Acting Adjust @ Heel
FB Radius: 12
Shaft Wood: Private Reserve Birdseye Maple
Top Dots: Black Synthetic Dots
12th Dots: Narrow - Post '64
Fret Wire: Jumbo 7100 Stainless Steel
Side Dots: Black 2mm
FB Edges: Heavy Rolled
Back Profile: Medium C .83 X .92
Finish: Dark Roasted Maple Neck & Aged Oil Finish
Mount Holes: Drill Neck Mounting Holes
Nut Install: Install Slotted Tusq Nut

Strat Custom Body
Options:
Orientation: Right Handed
Wood Type: Alder 2 Piece Clear Grade
Lam Top: None
Drop Top: None
Neck Pocket: Angled 2-3/16"
Neck Pickup: Strat Single Coil
Mid Pickup: Single Coil
Bridge Pickup: Humbucker
Bridge: Floyd Flush Mount
Control Cavity: Vintage Fender Top Pick Guard Style
Jack: Vintage Style Football Top
Arm Contour: 60's Contour
Tummy Contour: 60's Contour
Additional Options: Drill Trem Claw Holes

Here is what the Musikraft Roasted Maple Necks look like. Mine should be something like the 7th one over, only with the big CBS headstock. Maybe a little darker:

Roasted-Strat-Necks.jpg

Going for something like this for the body in terms of level of relic:

mjt_1.png

mjt_2.png

mjt_3.png

Only in these colors:

mjt_4.png

Here's the guard I got for it:

guard.png

Quite a poseur, huh? :LOL: :LOL:

Should be cool... Now the waiting begins...

Steve

Very cool, I'm interested to see how you'll like it. I've been looking at Warmoth, Musikraft, and USACG a good bit, I like what musikraft offers the most but no way to try them out first.

Awesome project Steve! Next guitar that comes around for me is going to be a USACG project with an original floyd with no fine tuners and sperzel or schaller lockers as well; fine tuners kill my big hands. I'm also interested in the roasted necks. Hope your project comes out well!

jkkkjkhk":3prkariq said:
Very cool, I'm interested to see how you'll like it. I've been looking at Warmoth, Musikraft, and USACG a good bit, I like what musikraft offers the most but no way to try them out first.
I've ordered several necks and bodies from Musikraft that I've built guitars from and they have all been top notch - way better than what I got from Warmoth - especially the necks...

Steve

grooveHT":ix5j8z16 said:
BTW, how is the hand doing?
Unfortunately, no change. I'm still waiting for the botox treatments to begin because the clinic is waiting for parts for the portable EMG/Stimulation machine they need to pinpoint where to shoot the stuff in the muscles. It's ridiculous that this respected medical facility can't get a set of electrodes for this machine. I don't get it...

However, I got sick of waiting and I've developed a technique now where I can play some pretty good heavy rhythms with just my index and pinky fingers with my middle and ring fingers curled up under the fretboard (which I can't stop them from doing anyway...). Obviously I can't do any chords that require more than two fingers, but I can still do a lot and I can do some reasonable single note lead stuff. Enough to still have fun in between when I'm playing slide. I'm still really hopeful about the shots as well, so why not build a guitar in the meantime? :D :rock:

Steve

sah5150":ywrcqkvs said:
grooveHT":ywrcqkvs said:
Unfortunately, no change. I'm still waiting for the botox treatments to begin because the clinic is waiting for parts for the portable EMG/Stimulation machine they need to pinpoint where to shoot the stuff in the muscles. It's ridiculous that this respected medical facility can't get a set of electrodes for this machine. I don't get it...

However, I got sick of waiting and I've developed a technique now where I can play some pretty good heavy rhythms with just my index and pinky fingers with my middle and ring fingers curled up under the fretboard (which I can't stop them from doing anyway...). Obviously I can't do any chords that require more than two fingers, but I can still do a lot and I can do some reasonable single note lead stuff. Enough to still have fun in between when I'm playing slide. I'm still really hopeful about the shots as well, so why not build a guitar in the meantime? :D :rock:

Steve

Steve,

Great attitude! :rock: The power of the mind is incredible.

guitarmike":1av1mtwr said:
sah5150":1av1mtwr said:
grooveHT":1av1mtwr said:

Steve

Steve,

Great attitude! :rock: The power of the mind is incredible.
Thanks and Rock on, Mike! :rock:

Steve

That'd be an awesome guitar.
If you want a suggestion... get the Tyler Secret Humbucker and run it with 250k pots.
Its my favourite Strat pickup.

If they weren't so difficult and expensive to get in the UK, I'd have them in all my guitars.

sah5150":3k1klggm said:
grooveHT":3k1klggm said:

Steve

So I was bebopping over to the GAB, and saw someone asked you the exact same question in the mirror of the thread over there :D

Are you going to throw the action up high on it and do Michael Lee Firkins with slide and floyd? :D Keep up the good fight man. That's complete shit about the hospital, btw. If it helps, I've been developing persistent ringing in my left ear as a result of flying armed helicopters and having a 30mm going off in close proximity to my head. Something to do with digital modelers and studio headphones/monitors induces headaches, more ringing, and general discomfort, and I had been playing on the Axe Fx with no ill effects for 6 years before I started shooting. I'm fearing the ability to even hear nuance in music, not just playing it :S

I've bought two guitars from Musikraft and they did an amazing job on both of them!!
Both neck and body were way beyond my expectations!
I still have them, and got no plans for selling them anytime soon!

Fret King":16dtengo said:
Sounds really cool Steve. :rock:

Can I ask who is doing the body finishing work for you ?

Cheers,
Graeme.
Sure, no problem:

MJT

They did the guitars I posted pics of in the OP...

Steve

grooveHT":1x72q0je said:
sah5150":1x72q0je said:
grooveHT":1x72q0je said:

Steve

So I was bebopping over to the GAB, and saw someone asked you the exact same question in the mirror of the thread over there :D

Are you going to throw the action up high on it and do Michael Lee Firkins with slide and floyd? :D Keep up the good fight man. That's complete shit about the hospital, btw. If it helps, I've been developing persistent ringing in my left ear as a result of flying armed helicopters and having a 30mm going off in close proximity to my head. Something to do with digital modelers and studio headphones/monitors induces headaches, more ringing, and general discomfort, and I had been playing on the Axe Fx with no ill effects for 6 years before I started shooting. I'm fearing the ability to even hear nuance in music, not just playing it :S
That sucks man - get yourself checked out and eliminate anything that can be fixed! Hope you can get things narrowed down...

This guitar will be setup for regular guitar. I have the SG for slide, which is perfect for that...

Steve

sah5150":2ef5wunf said:
Fret King":2ef5wunf said:
Sounds really cool Steve. :rock:

Can I ask who is doing the body finishing work for you ?

Cheers,
Graeme.
Sure, no problem:

MJT

They did the guitars I posted pics of in the OP...

Steve

Very cool - MJT do amazing work...

Looking forward to seeing your axe when completed,

Cheers,
Graeme.

Yeah, this should be a fun project! I'll post updates in here...

Steve

Back