even modded marshalls by cameron are in ccv price range now!

Goop only prevents visual reverse engineering of the amp in pictures. If you know what you are doing the goop is simply a inconvenience.
284306-455167-d1c366eead-6209.jpg

YiI37.jpg

giphy.gif

Back in the day Cameron actually was a hack. He stole ideas from some amps at two different stores in Huntington Beach and he change shit in and out till sounded good. Not an electronic genius by any stretch

...he change shit in and out till sounded good.
I think that is the key. He is a good player with a good ear, not everybody has that. There have been more than a few "guitar amp gurus" that have forgotten more theory than all of us itt combined that have started amp businesses. And while built great they just sound decent, nothing special. Those pics above may look hacky but the proof is in the tone.

Back in the day Cameron actually was a hack. He stole ideas from some amps at two different stores in Huntington Beach and he change shit in and out till sounded good. Not an electronic genius by any stretch

You just describe 98% of all famous amp manufactures

I don't know why Dave doesn't just put out the CCV thing he did under a different amp name and sell them for the price of his BE... seems to be a market for it. There will always be guys that have the real thing etc but others would have fun ripping it up on Daves version- 99.9% accurate or not.

I don't know why Dave doesn't just put out the CCV thing he did under a different amp name and sell them for the price of his BE... seems to be a market for it. There will always be guys that have the real thing etc but others would have fun ripping it up on Daves version- 99.9% accurate or not.
I’m sure he wants to stay as far away from that as possible. Besides, I’m sure he’s doing fine and doesn’t need it

Why can’t anyone truly replicate what he does then, with a Marshall mod? Shea comes close, but not quite there.
I get the hate for what he did, no excuse and he needs to make it right with those 14 people.
But the talent he has is, when he mods he hears what it needs and knows how to get that. No other modder truly gets the same tone/feel that MC gets.
Like it, or not it’s the truth.

Why can’t anyone truly replicate what he does then, with a Marshall mod? Shea comes close, but not quite there.
I get the hate for what he did, no excuse and he needs to make it right with those 14 people.
But the talent he has is, when he mods he hears what it needs and knows how to get that. No other modder truly gets the same tone/feel that MC gets.
Is that monomyth mod a jose master with 2 zeners like a MC mod? What about the Suhr Aldrich mod? how close is that to Marks.

Yea lol. I sold it a while back but it was a great amp. 3 channels, clean, Jose and Aldrich. And no, it wasn’t noisy
I have another; that makes 3 known. I have quite a bit less goop than that one. The clean and Jose are amaze balls. Aldrich is more like an ‘AFD’ sound to me; thinner than the Jose but cuts like a knife. Lead channel I’m guessing.

Is that monomyth mod a jose master with 2 zeners like a MC mod? What about the Suhr Aldrich mod? how close is that to Marks.
The one I had, Exo now owns and Braintheory before him is the Black Sun with Blood switch. I do believe he uses clippers in it.
The Suhr or Cameron Aldrich are tube gain only..but there are a few Cameron’s with clippers from what I’ve heard.

It sucks that amps needed to be gooped, but let’s be clear, it is/was done to prevent people from stealing their ideas and claiming them as their own and profiting off of these ideas. I can name a few well known amp people who have done this... in fact some of these well known people goop / hide their amp circuits as well.

I know for a fact that my old 50 watt Cameron originally had the board gooped and someone meticulously removed the goop to see and copy the mods. Then after I sold it I saw pictures and things were tinkered with.

Every amp on the planet has a "feel"and thats subjective like hair color & boob size.
As for using a cheap computer power supply and gooping into place on a $4K amp, ridiculous comes to mind.
Those things have about a 2 year life span.

Last edited:
Every amp on the planet has a "feel"and thats subjective like hair color & boob size.
As for using a cheap computer power supply and gooping into place on a $4K amp, ridiculous comes to mind.
Those things have about a 2 year life span.
Yep, and you like to sit here and wonder why MCs stuff is still sought after, and top dollar paid in many cases.
Seems to me the majority of players who have played these amps, agree with me.

I gotta say Sam, some of your posts have some ‘tells’ that point to you being Charvel Dan....
Is that you Danny boy?

Yep, and you like to sit here and wonder why MCs stuff is still sought after, and top dollar paid in many cases.
Seems to me the majority of players who have played these amps, agree with me.

I gotta say Sam, some of your posts have some ‘tells’ that point to you being Charvel Dan....
Is that you Danny boy?
I gotta tell you ive seen you post over and over about "feel".
If you think a cameron is the only anp that feels amazing id suggest you expand your horizons to folks who aren't Felons.

Back