My story of Trace Davis and Voodoo Amps (spoiler, I'm not stoked)

There’s some distasteful things here and there that were said in this thread, but nothing that would warrant a banning, imho.
In all the years I’ve been here, only once did I contact a moderator and that was due to physical and real threats made by an ex-member. That was the only time contacting a moderator even crossed my mind.

Jerry moved from New York down to florida last I remember. He made MONSTER DUAL RECTO mods!! Probably my all time ever fave amp.
want to get another modded by him as my Be All End All amp. Now I just have the Archon. Killer amp. Little more hard rocking than the Mesa. That amp was just a beast!
Jerry also created a bunch of Kemper profiles of his modded amps a couple of years back. Obviously, not the actual amps but at least gives Kemper users an opportunity to check out the different tones he was able to get with his amp mods.

I don't plan to tell anyone. Realistically, no one really cares, right? I mean, if any of the mods gave a shit they would have closed this thread 5 pages ago when someone was telling everyone to suck dick.

All I'm doing is trying to encourage this poster to express themselves freely. Why censor yourself needlessly? If we're all being overly sensitive, maybe he could do us a favor by exposing us to his preferred vocabulary and de-sensitizing us to it.
your right...I don't give a shit.

There’s some distasteful things here and there that were said in this thread, but nothing that would warrant a banning, imho.
In all the years I’ve been here, only once did I contact a moderator and that was due to physical and real threats made by an ex-member. That was the only time contacting a moderator even crossed my mind.
Those things were meant to be distasteful lol. They weren’t trying to be nice to each other

When I was a kid, I asked my mom; Why do some people like people of the same gender? She replied; "Sometimes nature doesn't always get it right... It's just the way they are." I suppose there's more to it, but I think that pretty much sums it up. My best friend in 7th grade (Jeff) was gay. I didn't know it, but given the way he associated with girls, I suspected it. He never tried anything with me, as he knew I didn't roll like that. He was a hell of a nice guy whom everyone liked. I disconnected with him when I started dating a girl in our neighborhood. I ran into him from time to time over the years, and his lifestyle (in the way that he carried himself) was more obvious. At some point he contracted HIV and was living in a 5th wheel on his parents property. I could have visited him, but I decided against it. I sort-of wish I had, now.

Last edited:
My story of Trace Davis of Voodoo Amps.

Well…here goes…

I normally don’t do this as I’ve seen many a disgruntled customer take to social media to emotionally and publicly burn a company when things don’t go their way. That is not what I am trying to do here, and I am willing to be wrong.

I want to say up front that Trace Davis @ Voodoo has always been polite to me and seems to be a very nice guy but the below is past the point of what I’d deem acceptable by normal business standards, and I am not sure how else to proceed except to put this out there.

Back in August of 2017, (almost 4 years ago), I sent him a JCM 800 2203X reissue to have modified into a CP100. The CP100 is a special build that never really made it to the mainstream and Trace was nice enough to agree to do it for me. (see below emails)

I also included the transcripts from our Facebook messenger chats.

Since then, I don’t believe anything has been done to the amp and since he was (I guess) doing me a favor by doing this special build I completely stayed out of his way for the last 3.5-4 years and maybe sent an email/DM once or twice a year to say hello and wish him well.

About a week and a half ago I called (and he answered) and I asked him to please either ship my amp back with no hard feelings or if he wants to buy it that’d be fine too.

He said he would call me back and I’ve heard nothing despite a few follow up calls and emails.

THEN I see this below thread on www.rig-talk.com and NOW my radar is going off. https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/turn-around-time-for-a-mod.210524/

Has anyone ever had this sort of issue with him?

Am I being unreasonable or an asshole?

Trace Davis
Facebook
You're friends on Facebook
Lives in Horseheads, New York
5/1/19, 11:35 AM
You sent May 1, 2019
Hey Trace! It’s me, the guy that asked you to build a CP100. Shot ya a few emails to say hello and didn’t get a response. Wanted to let you know I’m still alive and wanted to say hello.
You sent May 1, 2019
Still no rush, just wanted to check in with you.
5/1/19, 1:56 PM

Trace sent May 1, 2019
Calling & leaving a voice mail would probably be best. We’ve had some server issues so that may not have gotten your emails. I love computers when they work properly! Lol I have some pcb’s I’ve been working on specifically for the CP100 as it will be very helpful over all. Hard to explain in a text lol but she’s here & safe-&-sound Everyone wanting their tour rigs done has begun earlier than normal this year so we’re presently knee deep in that. I’n very much looking forward to when I can install the pcb’s for the CP100, I geek out on that stuff! almost done with the design, its the same guy I worked with on the pcb designs for our V-Plex, Mid-Drive & V-Rock. It will be awesome!!
You sent May 1, 2019
Hell yeah man. Great to hear. Like I said, not in a rush, just wanted to drop in just in case you were wondering where the hell I went haha
5/1/19, 2:20 PM

Trace sent May 1, 2019
It's all good my friend
You sent May 1, 2019
Good deal brother. I appreciate it.
You sent May 1, 2019
I know you’re kinda doing me a square so I’m trying not to bother

Trace sent May 1, 2019
I appreciate it, we’re swamped but I’m making progress with designing boards for it.
You sent May 1, 2019
Sounds good. Thanks Trace.
8/5/19, 11:58 AM
You sent August 5, 2019
Hi Trace! Just wanted to say hi and check in.
8/13/19, 11:05 AM

Trace sent August 13, 2019
Hello there
You sent August 13, 2019
Hey Trace! Just wanted to say hi and check on the CP100 build. Hope you’ve been well.
8/26/19, 3:43 PM

Trace sent August 26, 2019
I’m currenty out here with Aerosmith. I know I had some boards designed for the CP100 & we were waiting for those to arrive. As I’m no at the shop I can’t check in those at this moment as I’m not at the shop. Hope all is well with you good sir!!
You sent August 26, 2019
Aerosmith is more important than my CP100??? Just kidding haha!! Naw no worries at all! Just wanted to say hello and check in. Hope you’ve been well and thanks for keeping me in the loop.
8/26/19, 4:17 PM

Trace sent August 26, 2019
I’m looking forward to sleeping in my own bed soon! Lol I enjoy working with these guys, amazing band & the new production & sound is beyond anything I’ve ever heard or seen before. If you get a chance to see it its truly amazing. Gotta head to the venue now
You sent August 26, 2019
Have fun! Talk soon!
5/14/20, 8:04 PM
You sent May 14, 2020
Hi Trace! Just wanted to say hey and check in in my CP100 build. Hope you're staying safe during all this craziness we have going on. Thanks!
You sent May 14, 2020
As usual, no huge rush. Just wanted to say hello!
5/15/20, 12:14 PM

Trace sent May 15, 2020
Hiping to get back to work as usual! They bumped the reopen date to June 6th & as of right now it looks like we’ll be good to go on that
You sent May 15, 2020
Cool man!

Trace sent May 15, 2020
I hope you are safe & healthy! I am some othe here had the covid virus so we’re good to go, just waiting to get back to work now.
You sent May 15, 2020
Yeah same here man. It's been crazy and I was telling someone about the CP100 you are building for me and I figured I'd pop in and say hello while it was on my mind

Trace sent May 15, 2020
Its all good & I’m looking forward to making it awesome!
You sent May 15, 2020
Thank you my friend!
5/15/20, 1:29 PM

Trace sent May 15, 2020

7/31/20, 6:55 PM
You sent July 31, 2020
Hi Trace! Any update on the CP100 build? Hope you're doing well and staying safe from all this covid stuff!
8/23/20, 8:24 AM

Trace sent August 23, 2020
Its been a long several months, most of us here did catch the covid, myself included & its taken a while to bounce back as well as to get energy levels back to normal. Its a not a fun thing to go through so I hope you & your’s have been in good health. They say if you have your health you can do anything, having gone through this I can say there is great thruth in those words. We were not able to be in the shop for months so we are working in trying to get our heads back around it all & get caught up. We are dealing with supply chain issues with vendors but it seems most everyone is in the same boat in that regard. Hopefully in a few weeks things will stablize a bit more. Most all parts are made in China so sorting through all of that is still a challenge but we’ll get there one way or the other! I hope your Subday is relaxing & enjoyable. Stay safe & be strong my friend!
You sent August 23, 2020
Thanks for the update! Yeah things are a bit crazy right now.

Trace sent August 23, 2020
It seems its becoming a saying but we certainly are living in interesting time. Some things I never thought I would be seeing much less living through. One day at a time it seems is the best way forward.
You sent August 23, 2020
Yep. I was really sick back in January before all of this became mainstream media stuff. I kinda HOPE I had it back then so maybe its a one and done thing.

On Aug 25, 2017, at 10:22 AM, <cindy@voodooamps.com> <cindy@voodooamps.com> wrote:
Chad;

1.) Package - At a quick glance the package itself appears to be ok but we have not yet had an opportunity to unbox it. IE: One of my guy's needs to unbox it as I have a bad disc in my lower back that I have to be very careful of.

2.) Mod Form - Would you be so kind as to fill out the Mod Form & email it back.

Many thanks good sir & I hope your Friday is off to a great start

Trace Davis, President / Founder

<sigimg0>

(607) 256-0465
228B South Sage Circle
Horseheads, NY 14845
Website | News | Facebook | Artists

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this communication is confidential, private, proprietary, or otherwise privileged and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to who it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. Thank you.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [SPAM] Re: RE:
Date: Thu, August 24, 2017 1:00 pm
To: cindy@voodooamps.com
Did it make it to you in one piece?

Sent from my iPhone
trace got me too ... how did this end up resolving ... he got me for a brand new Marshall I had delivered to his place for modification for our studio... never hear from him now and its been close to a year, I ve reached out several times ... I too had done business with him in the past - always a stand up guy ... WTF ... did he just go down the evil hole ?

I too had done business with him in the past - always a stand up guy ... WTF ... did he just go down the evil hole ?
Obviously, he's too busy sucking that washed up rockstar dick now to bother with us mere mortals. Dude's high on his own farts.

Also speaking of insults, how the fuck you guys are so creative with those? I only know racist 4chan /pol/ lingo that i dare not to post here.

Obviously, he's too busy sucking that washed up rockstar dick now to bother with us mere mortals. Dude's high on his own farts.

Also speaking of insults, how the fuck you guys are so creative with those? I only know racist 4chan /pol/ lingo that i dare not to post here.
Hey man, then you need to produce
LOUD & SMELLY farts with plenty of
butthole paste.. FIRST.. before claiming that one.

Honestly, I love your "In the cockpit..this planes
going down you Motherf'er's"!!!!
(2nd verse)

Time for some Slipknot..or learn the art
of farting through your mouth!

-"COME ON!!!, . . . . .,
-"HERE WE GO AGAIN MOTHER-F'R!!!!!"-

RIP Joey,, fuck these pukes!

Last edited:
I had him.mod.my 800 combo back in 04. It was just ok and honestly, I wasted my money due to a lack of knowledge and experience at the time. Tone chasing...🙄 I drove from lower NY all the to Ithaca, (about 4.5 hrs,) to drop it off and drive right back home. Same thing to pick it up. How stupid was I...🤣🤣

It's very easy to get caught up in all this and I wasted a ton of $$$ like many others could relate. I'm more than content with my Marshall's, fender supersonic and more recently acquired Yamaha thr wireless.

F$@k all that tone chasing crap. IHell..I'll mic my yamaha and jam live with killer results.

Last edited:
He ever get out of prison? I remember that video Mark Day posted of him and Brad riding around in a Lamborghini or something like that, Brad’s in the driver’s seat smoking this big cigar. 😆

Who is this Brad King and why did he go to prison?

Who is this Brad King and why did he go to prison?
Brad bought the forum around 2012? I think? He partnered with Dave Friedman/Tone Merchants/Mark Cameron and they were producing CCVs, Atomicas, Old Bitch(Aldrich) for a short time before it all imploded. Then, at some point he became upset at some woman he was dating, or trying to date and he threatened her in some way...firearm 'might' have been involved and he got arrested and did some time.
RTers, if I'm wrong on some of this please correct. This is what I remember...been a while.

Brad bought the forum around 2012? I think? He partnered with Dave Friedman/Tone Merchants/Mark Cameron and they were producing CCVs, Atomicas, Old Bitch(Aldrich) for a short time before it all imploded. Then, at some point he became upset at some woman he was dating, or trying to date and he threatened her in some way...firearm 'might' have been involved and he got arrested and did some time.
RTers, if I'm wrong on some of this please correct. This is what I remember...been a while.
Close - he assaulted her by slapping her. She pressed charges and he got convicted and did time.

Back