ongoing another horrible exchange with fatbagg

Does anyone on this forum think it’s a good idea to deal with someone that gave themselves the online name “fatbagg”??

Not sure if it was you who made the thread on TGP earlier this week, but one popped up earlier over there asking if anyone has had any bad deals with Fatbagg. I made the recommendation to come over here to dig into it because I know he made good on the last guy he screwed after getting called out publicly. That thread on TGP is now gone.

I really wonder why someone at TGP is covering this dude’s ass? I get fuckin’ banned there every other week for insulting John Mayer or some shit but this dude can continuously fuck people over and get it swept under the rug? That’s fucked.

Not sure if it was you who made the thread on TGP earlier this week, but one popped up earlier over there asking if anyone has had any bad deals with Fatbagg. I made the recommendation to come over here to dig into it because I know he made good on the last guy he screwed after getting called out publicly. That thread on TGP is now gone.

I really wonder why someone at TGP is covering this dude’s ass? I get fuckin’ banned there every other week for insulting John Mayer or some shit but this dude can continuously fuck people over and get it swept under the rug? That’s fucked.

Wasn't me, I usually don't go on TGP since it's mostly twangy players and stuff like that. I contacted the admin and got fatbagg banned there though, they probably just don't want potential meltdown-inducing content over there

Wasn't me, I usually don't go on TGP since it's mostly twangy players and stuff like that. I contacted the admin and got fatbagg banned there though, they probably just don't want potential meltdown-inducing content over there

Yeah, TGP is the place I go during Zoom meetings, since those are still a thing.

It was just this past week, too.

Unfortunately, amps are like really good pussy; dude’s will ignore all the red flags because they can’t say ”No”, and until people entirely stop dealing with this dude, it’ll keep happening. Thank god he doesn’t do great mods.

TGP is infamous for that shit.

Best advice? Make another email, and start building up a backup account.

Edit: not that *I've* done it 😬

Hahaha already done. I got a temp ban for saying “QCAnons” while discussing the Quad Cortex and then another for saying “Roger Waters can go f*ck himself.” 😀

TGP has a policy of not carrying over pissing match threads from one forum to the TGP. The good folks at Weber VST found that out the hard way about 10 years ago when I quit doing business with them. They sent in a few different employees to spout off and they all got the ban hammer for having multiple accounts. My guess is they still have more, but 2 or 3 got canceled.

My guess is that this "fatbagg" thing is being dealt with in the same way over a deal gone bad, etc.

I really have no dog in this hunt, and I'd have to check my sales records, but I think the real person behind the "fatbagg" user name bought some speakers from me at some point, and there weren't any issues I remember.

In any case, I hope it gets resolved once and for all.

TGP has a policy of not carrying over pissing match threads from one forum to the TGP. The good folks at Weber VST found that out the hard way about 10 years ago when I quit doing business with them. They sent in a few different employees to spout off and they all got the ban hammer for having multiple accounts. My guess is they still have more, but 2 or 3 got canceled.

My guess is that this "fatbagg" thing is being dealt with in the same way over a deal gone bad, etc.

I really have no dog in this hunt, and I'd have to check my sales records, but I think the real person behind the "fatbagg" user name bought some speakers from me at some point, and there weren't any issues I remember.

Well, they also have a policy of banning people over absolutely nothing, and enforcing the rules "creatively" based on politics 🤷‍♂️

I sincerely doubt there is any nobility whatsoever in the way they selectively enforce their complete bullshit.

Thats because he wasnt trying to sell or trade you anything. :sneaky:

Well, they also have a policy of banning people over absolutely nothing, and enforcing the rules "creatively" based on politics 🤷‍♂️

I sincerely doubt there is any nobility whatsoever in the way they selectively enforce their complete bullshit.
Well, they've had a no politics rule forever, so I get that one. It seems to me a lot of posters on political subjects typically try to "slide one by" as being harmless, knowing full well they run the risk of getting smacked down, but they do it anyway. When they're caught, a lot of them cry wolf and say it was unfair. I've seen that for years.

Which is why I don't get into politics or religion. It never ends well.

Thats because he wasnt trying to sell or trade you anything. :sneaky:
I'm guilty of having too much gear, it's just that simple. So I'm not really a buyer anymore, so that wasn't a factor, correct. But if I was a buyer, I'd have all the safeguards in place first, regardless of who it is.

Well, they've had a no politics rule forever, so I get that one. It seems to me a lot of posters on political subjects typically try to "slide one by" as being harmless, knowing full well they run the risk of getting smacked down, but they do it anyway. When they're caught, a lot of them cry wolf and say it was unfair. I've seen that for years.

Which is why I don't get into politics or religion. It never ends well.

That isn't what I'm implying or saying - I know what their rule SAYS. But that isn't how tgp enforces it, so it isn't the reality.

They DO allow politics, as long as it's urbanized agitprop leftist politics.

Someone will post something political from that side, and its never THEM who get in trouble. It's always the next person, who dares to counter them.

They DO allow politics, as long as it's urbanized agitprop leftist politics.

Not what I saw before I got canned. Three of the big mods over there a Tea Party Patriots.
I had suspicions and tracked down their Facebook feeds at the time.
They couldn't be more anti-left at TGP.

Back