Lets talk about Yngwie's New Album

he believes in himself and what he is doing. I think it is nostalgia, we love the guy for his past work so he stays relevant.

Things like pre-ordering and thousands of views from threads like this will give a false sense of importance. I’ve probably watched 10 of his vids myself just to see how bad it is, so many that now Facebook thinks I like him and is recommending articles about him, he sees all this and thinks it’s adoring fans not us laughing at him

^^^^^

don.jpg

If you’ve got Alcatraz No Parole and Live sentence along with the first ‘Rising Force’ album, you’re good on this catalog. I personally really liked 7th Sign, too. Beyond those 4, the rest is take it or leave it.

I always catch shit for it but I like Odyssey.
Joe Lynn Turner was a good match for him.
Probably his last really good album. He later did a couple with Doogie White singing that were pretty good as well, but a lot crappy records over the years and they just keep getting worse. I am sorry that no broke the news to Yngwie, but he is not a singer even if he does have a signature microphone.

Pay a real, live drummer with swing, groove, and feel. Pay him whatever he wants. Releasing ‘albums’ with programmed digital drum tracks just sounds so cheap and chintzy.

Now, give Tony Harnell and Miljenko Matijevic a call. Trust me, (sadly) they have time on their hands. Pay them whatever they want. Hell, share the royalties. Let them contribute (Gasp!)

Sure beats releasing the equivalent of 4-track noodling chops show-off tracks as ‘albums.’

That popping noise at the beginning reminds me of when I would thread an 8mm film reel in elementary school in the 1970s and there was always some racket before the real audio got started. WTF?

Pay a real, live drummer with swing, groove, and feel. Pay him whatever he wants. Releasing ‘albums’ with programmed digital drum tracks just sounds so cheap and chintzy.

Now, give Tony Harnell and Miljenko Matijevic a call. Trust me, (sadly) they have time on their hands. Pay them whatever they want. Hell, share the royalties. Let them contribute (Gasp!)

Sure beats releasing the equivalent of 4-track noodling chops show-off tracks.'
I could not agree more.

Reactions: PDC
Well I know I’m in the minority, but I love his playing on every album (minus the Blue Lightning thing). This album is poorly mixed and mastered, lack of bass and it’s just drenched in reverb. Sounds like the band is playing in a large empty warehouse with microphones placed outside in the parking lot.

I thought my daw interface was fucking up and shorting out on the intro
WTF?
truly sad that he’s lost all semblance of reality ,quality, taste and common sense.
ill just continue to listen to the alcatraz albums
Rising force, marching out and odyssey
He done ✅ put a fork in him.

It would be nice to hear him slow down and do something with a vocalist,use a Les Paul and let someone else produce. Maybe lay off the overdrive and play for the song. Im sure thats not gonna happen anytime soon.

Vid in OP sounds like Joe Stump did some day drinking, took a nap, woke up, drank a cold brew and pressed record on the first take.

Reactions: PDC
I listened to the album all the way through last night. The one word that came to mind was “exhausting” o_O
I might be in the minority but I enjoy his singing voice and liked those songs best. The instrumentals… they just don’t do it for me and haven’t for years. That last song on the album Sea of Tranquility that the Op posted, I was really hoping it could be a cool album closer like Marching Out, or Krakatau/Memories from Odyssey, but no. Just too much rehashed overplaying on rehashed rhythm lines. Just never comes across as musical any more.

Back