Lets talk about Yngwie's New Album

Metalhex

It's just getting worse and worse. More and more unimaginative and uncreative. It's funny because when you listen to his interviews, he seems to think that he is pushing boundaries and coming up with fresh new ideas and that he is blowing himself away with the material he comes up with.

I've listened to every song now, and every single song has an arpeggio sequence or melody that he has already rehashed before. He is not only rehashing ideas.....he is rehashing his already rehashed ideas and treating them as if they are new!! It seems all of his instrumentals carry the same drum pattern as Black Star also. I've noticed this trend starting with his Perpetual Flame album.....just press record and noodle over the Black Star Baseline. Man it's just so tired and old!!

And this is without even mentioning the production which speaks for itself. Listen to the song in the link, in the beginning you can hear this harsh clicking popping sound, I think it's from him picking those over-compressed nylon strings. Also, anyone can download a free drum plugin that would sound better than the drums he's using. Also in the song posted, he noodles at the end of the song for like 4 minutes over the same chord and it never seems to end!!

I am a huge fan of Yngwie, but this is just beyond awful...and of course I've pre-ordered it before I heard the whole thing, now I'm wishing I hadn't. :doh:

Yngwie just tries way too hard. He would be taken more seriously if he lost the 80’s rock star look… I’d respect him more if he lost the black jeans, black button down shirt and black boots, 20 rings and 30 rope necklaces. Throw on some blue jeans, a t-shirt, be comfortable and just have fun playing guitar.
I’m a massive fan and have been since like 1986. He’s got nothing to prove as every guitar player knows who he is and what he contributed.

Yngwie just tries way too hard. He would be taken more seriously if he lost the 80’s rock star look… I’d respect him more if he lost the black jeans, black button down shirt and black boots, 20 rings and 30 rope necklaces. Throw on some blue jeans, a t-shirt, be comfortable and just have fun playing guitar.
I’m a massive fan and have been since like 1986. He’s got nothing to prove as every guitar player knows who he is and what he contributed.

I think I have to agree, for the most part. I would love to hear an album with slower songs and things that dabble outside of his wheelhouse.
I get that’s not ‘him’, but therein lies to problem, for me.

You must have not heard the new Lynch album…

Pretty sure he was being 100% sarcastic.

What works in your 20s often fails in your 40s, 50s, etc. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

elvis.jpg

He has more talent at playing guitar in his one pinky than me but sorry the new song that has been posted isn't even musical. WTF???

I posted a similar thread probably a month ago... It's just a runaway train at this point. I can't believe he sits there and plays solos and riffs he has played before and thinks " oh yeah that's it! This totally smokes !" Patches them together with terrible production and uses ez drummer out of the box. Sometimes I think he has to be trolling us but if you watch him, he believes in himself and what he is doing. I think it is nostalgia, we love the guy for his past work so he stays relevant.

It's like a really terrible Miami Vice music montage. :ROFLMAO:

I'll choose to remember this guy.

That guy was incredible. I am in the minority bit I love eclipse even though he was drunk for it apparently. Fire and Ice still ok ( in which he rehashed this lead lick already lol ) but after that down we go to harmonic minor hell and load blowing.

Someone once told me that the reason horn solos are so cool is that the musician has to let the notes breathe.
Literally! You have to plan your phrasing around when you're going to inhale and go for your next run.

I wish this was true of the guitar every time I hear the crazy Swede.

Back