What speakers would be stock in a 2007 Splawn 4x12?

War_in_D

Got a line on a Splawn 4x12 cab, built in 2007. No indication of what speakers it has by the inputs, but the guy says "it's got the same speakers that come in the rectifier cabinets". So, I'm thinking either Celestion V30's or the Mesa version of the V30 that they put their cabs. But, what would have been stock in this cab? Eminence? Small/Big Blocks?

Back then when I bought mine (2007/2008), I think they were still using Eminence Cross over of Man-O-War and Governor in X format.. If I also recall, i think they were just introducing the cross over of the BigBlock/Small Block comb in X format.

Didnt rectifier cabs come with those (I think they were called) Black Shadow MC90 speakers?

Back then when I bought mine (2007/2008), I think they were still using Eminence Cross over of Man-O-War and Governor in X format.. If I also recall, i think they were just introducing the cross over of the BigBlock/Small Block comb in X format.

Didnt rectifier cabs come with those (I think they were called) Black Shadow MC90 speakers?
Scott heard some of the early Scumback Speakers when they were made by Weber. He got some sent to Eminence to clone, but from what I've heard Eminence made them sound real dark. The SB were the M75 type, the BB were the H75 type, IIRC. Never heard them in person, just reviews from players online.

I have an older Splawn straight cab, from I think 2009 that's got the Governor/Man O' War combo in it and I like it pretty well. I've never tried the Small Block/Big Block speakers, but I've heard they really shine with the Splawn heads.

The price is pretty decent on this cab, I might try to grab it. I'd be OK with it, if it had V30's.. but would be happier if it had Eminence or a Small/Big Block combo.

I think the Mesa version of the V30 is called the Black Shadow or something, and they are supposedly voiced a little different than the Celestion version.

Back