G12H30 Anniversary are my new favorite speaker

RedPlated

I have a quad of well broken-in G12H30 in a Cameron 412. I’ve had them for a while but just started using the cab more exclusively. They sound absolutely phenomenal. Big low end, plenty of highs and the mids just have a grind and punch that’s addictive.

I also love v30’s and greenbacks. But they both just lack what the G12H30’s are giving me at the moment. For an all-around, do it all speaker, I’m really impressed with them.

I’m mostly using my ground up amp build with the H30’s. Which is a high gain Jose variant. I think these speakers pair well with that type circuit.

I also think extensive break-in is essential. I had Jim at Scumback break mine in for a few days a while back. I’m also curious to know how the Avatar “Hellatone” versions compare.

The only caveat I’ve noticed is that the highs can get a little biting with certain settings.

I like them a lot too but I agree on the top end...sometimes its a little too much sting. They're also a great speaker for clean tones.

FWIW, I tried the Heritage G12H30 55Hz and 75Hz recently. Granted they were not broken in but out of the box the 55Hz was scoopy sizzle city. Just not what I wanted, no thick mids, harsh top. The 75Hz is pretty good, even before break in (still needs it tho).

I like them a lot too but I agree on the top end...sometimes its a little too much sting. They're also a great speaker for clean tones.

FWIW, I tried the Heritage G12H30 55Hz and 75Hz recently. Granted they were not broken in but out of the box the 55Hz was scoopy sizzle city. Just not what I wanted, no thick mids, harsh top. The 75Hz is pretty good, even before break in (still needs it tho).
They take long to break in but what a difference. I like 75hz

During the Covid shutdown these were made in England. I have 2; they are way less bright on top than the previous versions I bought that were MIC. Almost like a broken in speaker right out of the box.
Interesting.... never heard of this.

Anyone have experience with the Hellatone 30?

I have a pair of the older late 90's to early 2000's, UK made G12H30's in my 90's Bogner 4x12 recording cab along with a couple of Scumback Greenback styles. G12H30's going back to my old early 70's Orange cabs have always been my favorite with a Marshall.

So the H30 anniversary are made in England now ? I bought two new g12m greenbacks from musiciansfriend a couple weeks ago and they say made in england not china.

I believe there was period approx. 2017-2018 where Celestion make most 'classic' lineup in UK. I have brand new pair of V30 from 2017 made in UK.

As a diode lover, you should know that modded marshalls(esp with clipping) sound amazing with G12H30's...
M.Wagener always used the G12H30's for those iconic modded marshall tones..

I have 2 Pulsonic (1972) H30s on top of the 2 British made H30 Annie’s..when I play the 72 Trem at volume they sound very close. These and G12 65s really don’t show their hand until pushed a bit.
Then they sound amazing.

Great speakers, I played them for a long time.

Recently switched to a vintage 30/creamback combo. Funny thing is I hate v30s by themselves but the combination rocks.

I Have the Heritage G12H30's in my Marshall 1960BHW Cab. They sound Great with my Soldano Avenger & Sound Good with my PRS Archon.

Two g12h30’s mixed with Two V30’s is my favorite cab combo ever. A little vintage, a little modern, all the frequencies just mix so well together.

Back