HCAF?

I shipped a guitar to a member there back in 2006 or so. He kept stalling my payment. Then wouldn’t answer my emails, phone calls. So I ratted him out to the forum. A guy said he knew him. Said he’s been playing my SG for 3 weeks! Said I’ll go over to his house tonight after work and get your money and kick his ass if necessary. Next day he posts a pic with my guitar, says…dude I got it from him, I’m mailing you a check today And I’m keeping it. 4 days later……money in hand.

I shipped a guitar to a member there back in 2006 or so. He kept stalling my payment. Then wouldn’t answer my emails, phone calls. So I ratted him out to the forum. A guy said he knew him. Said he’s been playing my SG for 3 weeks! Said I’ll go over to his house tonight after work and get your money and kick his ass if necessary. Next day he posts a pic with my guitar, says…dude I got it from him, I’m mailing you a check today And I’m keeping it. 4 days later……money in hand.
I have a feeling I know who this was...

I had an HCAF guy offer to sell me an item, paid him, he refunded my money the next morning with a message that their studio was broken into and the item in question was stolen, said it was ok because insurance was going to cover everything. Despite me having my money back in hand something didn't seem or feel right and I was admittedly salty about it, so I used tools available to me at that time to do some research re: stolen items, police reports and and insurance claims and was never able to find a single thing remotely close to what he was claiming. So I "helped" him out and started a "be on the lookout for all this stolen gear" thread on HCAF and the guy completely lost his shit :ROFLMAO: A simple "hey a local buyer (or any buyer) offered me more money so I'm gong with that" would've sufficed but dipshit decided to spin some story having no idea I had the ability to confirm or deny it... Clown Deluxe hahahaa.

The absolute CRAZIEST story was when @xiwiwix aka Roland got a box of roofing shingles sent to him instead of an amp.

Take care :no:
That was pretty legendary...all the Vince Sansavere stuff was epic too...the time he posted he was on tour with Overkill and was actually posting the thread from Dave Linsk's laptop, only to have the actual Dave Linsk join and chime in that it couldn't be possible because he very much had his laptop in his own possession :ROFLMAO:

Harmony Central... and lets not forget the REVIEWS!
as crazy pumped up as some products got....:p there were some serious good writeups....

Hey I've seen veteran musicians complain about whatever the lowest tier over at the Kemper forum is; some find it hard-to-take. :dunno:

Rookie, beginner or something. :LOL:

This forum's one's not-too-bad in comparison - "new member" is hardly-embarrassing.

Speak of the Devil...

They updated the software over at the Kemper forum and I've been reclassified as "Beginner". 2nd-highest post count and highest "like" recipient by a factor of 2. Had the top-tier ranking previously of course.

Go figure. I'd not have known about it had someone not PM'd me to ask what that Hell happened. I seem to be the only member who this happened to.

Thankfully I don't care. It's just ironic given the timing. :LOL:

HCAF was epic. Trolling was of the hook for sure and some took stuff too far. They chased off some really knowledgeable people. All in all it was truly a fun time in the early days of the interwebs. Definitely miss some of the good members of that place. Bring back the Billy Blades and Charvel Dans of the world. :poop:

Back