Pete Thorn demos a new amp you can put on your pedalboard.

What if it's just a search engine that fights back ?
woah.gif

Admittedly I do get a bit triggered when folks are critical of Friedman because of the respect I have for how he runs his brand. That said, I've never covered La Grange, am not nearly slimy enough to be a lawyer and don't own a tele. 😁

He seems like a decent dude and all, his amps just aren't for me 🤷 Plus the Chinese made ones are overpriced for the build quality IMO.

It actually isn't a admonition of Dave himself, just the cult of consumerism that's been created on youtube/TGP

I watch his tone talk thing every once in a while, when there's an interesting guest

But the sheer hate you will get on TGP for saying "nah, actually a Friedman isn't the type of gain I'm looking for" is fucking nuclear

This reminds me of the time Petey was doing one of his Sunday YouTube Podcast things, and some dude comes into the chat and brings up Tony McKenzie and how Tony opened up one of those Friedman small-box JJ amps on his YouTube channel and was showing what a cheap piece of junk it was. Tony was laughing, and saying he was returning it for a refund.

Pete completely lost his shit. He never contested that the amp wasn't a cheap piece of crap, just that "No one talks about my friends like that !!!"

Good times !

Which episode is this? I really want to see his meltdown 🤣👌

No clue.

I could prolly find the Tony McKenzie video on the JJ, but in the Thorn video they just kept referring to him as "This old guy on YouTube".

Only reason I knew who/what they were talking about is that I had already watched the Tony McKenzie video where he trashed the JJ junior.

Yeah I just watched that TM video after you mentioned it earlier lol

I just wanna see the PT cringe 🥺👉👈

I don't get how anyone could have a problem with Friedman. He has something at every price point so whether you are a beginner or pro, you can find what works. And if you don't like his tones, there are tons of other choices.

I don't know enough about Pete but don't search for his demos. I just happen to stumble on his videos looking for other stuff. I've found his demos to be helpful. It sounds like people that don't like him is based on battles on TGP or other sites. I'm getting old and everyone annoys me so not sure how I feel about any gear reviews, lol.

Yeah I just watched that TM video after you mentioned it earlier lol

I just wanna see the PT cringe 🥺👉👈
Wouldn't even know how to search for it.

I just happened to be watching it live as it streamed. I'll put on damn near anything while I'm working on an amp, just to have something playing in the background.

The other day I was watching this dude on YouTube eat 60-year-old military C-rations.

No clue.

I could prolly find the Tony McKenzie video on the JJ, but in the Thorn video they just kept referring to him as "This old guy on YouTube".

Only reason I knew who/what they were talking about is that I had already watched the Tony McKenzie video where he trashed the JJ junior.

I have a different Friedman incoming but I got some great recorded tones with my JJ Jr. And my Step Son has used it for a ton of live performances in a jazz band. I'm giving you him because I was going to trade it for other gear but he loves that amp.

My 5150-III is Made in Mexico but sounds great and worth the price IMO. Same as the Friedman. Dave modded an amp for.me back years ago and talked with me on the phone and was very helpful. It is a business. For me I love Friedman tones but not for everyone.

One thing to point out though.. if he gets paid to demo amps and pedals etc... then can you really trust that he likes THAT much stuff? End of the day, if it is a source of revenue and it is music related, it's all going to be fun to mess with and post up a vid on. The more you pay, the longer the vid I guess. Either way, those two things are a bit in conflict of interest. To me, this explains why some of the pedals he has posted have really sucked balls. If I can hear it, I know he's hearing it too. He's got good ears. So in closing, I think it's awesome he gets paid to do those videos and it makes sense given also the time he puts into those videos. It helps supplement his income in an other wise cut throat industry. Just don't tell me that he likes everything he demos when he gets paid for it. If you believe that, I'd love to sell you a timeshare on Mars.

He def. gets paid. But as I mentioned, it is his niche and video editing and composing does actually take work so you can't shit on him for putting a price behind it. https://peterthorn.com/gear-demo-info/

It does however account for why some crappy gear gets a platform. But some great stuff gets in there too so you have the ying/yang effect here. I'd love to get paid to noodle on pedals and amps! shitty or not.

There is always Rick Beato and Stevie T....

Sawall with the flawless victory.

Pete’s 2x12 is Godly, our beloved Zack Wish rocks the toanz deluxe with it.

Pete and Dave’s EVH tone vids are second to none. They nailed that shit proper.

Mask/vax faggotry? Well, that’s been a big dividing line and the whole goddamned nonsense sucks. Never seems to fail to surprise me how quickly penetrating intellect is sacrificed for illusion and delusion under mis-perceived life threatening suggestions. Oh well.

Also don’t make fun of his lazy eye. That’s like tormenting a fat kid or a retard. Fuck that and fuck you for doing that. You know who you are.

This is why:

Because this whole YouTube shilling thing has made a whole bunch of companies a whole lot of money, and very little actual music.

I guess if you enjoy elevator music delay pedal demos, this is the era to be a guitar player.

Every "new guitar hero" is famous for the products they shill and for their "content" - not their actual music. To even BECOME a "new guitar hero," your skillset is now to become a greasy used car salesman instead of making art.

For many people, this is gross, stupid, and crass.

whats weird too is new bands and players posted are usually bashed just like the youtubers, its a tough crowd around here

whats weird too is new bands and players posted are usually bashed just like the youtubers, its a tough crowd around here

That's because their "music" is mostly dogshit. They can't write songs. It's all guitar pro robotic technical wizardry with no real emotion behind it, no real ideas behind it.

Punjabi Bitch Lasagna, Neck Tattoo Twink, "Holy Shit it's a Black Guy,"....I don't give two tenths of a shit about modern guitar pro emo "metal" 🤷

And neither do alot of people here.

I think Angel Vivaldi and a couple others are very good players, but what I would really like to hear is Angel Vivaldi in a band that actually fucking rocks - not Angel Vivaldi jerking off on his Instagram.

Back