Pete Thorn demos a new amp you can put on your pedalboard.

you are some sour old bastards haha

pedals sounds okay but a 50w solid state amp for 1500 bucks isn't all that appealing. I got a bluguitar as my backup amp and that's good enough for me. This doesn't necessarily sound better from this demo.

you are some sour old bastards haha

pedals sounds okay but a 50w solid state amp for 1500 bucks isn't all that appealing. I got a bluguitar as my backup amp and that's good enough for me. This doesn't necessarily sound better from this demo.

The BluGuitar stuff sounds great.

Sawall with the flawless victory.

Pete’s 2x12 is Godly, our beloved Zack Wish rocks the toanz deluxe with it.

Pete and Dave’s EVH tone vids are second to none. They nailed that shit proper.

Mask/vax faggotry? Well, that’s been a big dividing line and the whole goddamned nonsense sucks. Never seems to fail to surprise me how quickly penetrating intellect is sacrificed for illusion and delusion under mis-perceived life threatening suggestions. Oh well.

Also don’t make fun of his lazy eye. That’s like tormenting a fat kid or a retard. Fuck that and fuck you for doing that. You know who you are.
Jim Gaustad's EVH tone is better.

I am going to go against the grain here and actually like his videos and he seems like a good guy. If others on the forum don't care for him, I have no problem with that but I'm not going to bash him just because it is popular. I've bought gear based on his videos and been happy with my purchases.
This is how I feel.

I’ll never dog him as he seems genuine and I like what he does for the guitar community. His playing doesn’t make me want to pick up and play guitar but I do enjoy his enthusiasm for guitar.

I don't get all the PT hate. I like his videos, he's a fantastic player and he makes a living geeking out on guitar gear and touring with pros. Who here wouldn't want to do that? I don't know him personally, though I chatted with him at NAMM long ago. Seems like a good guy. I couldn't care less about his politics and I'm a right wing nut who hates everyone.

I’m not mad at PT for finding another way to monetize his abilities, but I’m aware that’s all he’s doing. It should be obvious given I’ve never seen him do a video on a product where the upshot wasn’t “Wow guys this is great go buy it maybe.” He’s Billy Mays with a guitar and lazy eye instead of half a pound of coke up his nose.

That said, that pedal amp sounded pretty bad to me. I don’t think I’ve ever heard one that sounded particularly good, but I know there are better ones than that.

That's it. I'm starting a punk band called Jewish Space Laser Eye Surgery with you as the singer. Thanks for the anti-semitic inspiration!
Just so you're clear on that term, here's an Israeli Minister describing its purpose.

wow. You may be right.
UEs77In.gif

I’m not mad at PT for finding another way to monetize his abilities, but I’m aware that’s all he’s doing. It should be obvious given I’ve never seen him do a video on a product where the upshot wasn’t “Wow guys this is great go buy it maybe.” He’s Billy Mays with a guitar and lazy eye instead of half a pound of coke up his nose.

That said, that pedal amp sounded pretty bad to me. I don’t think I’ve ever heard one that sounded particularly good, but I know there are better ones than that.

It's not about being mad at him (or "jealous" as his fans would say) for monetizing his abilities. I don't have to watch his dumb videos about the same tones and the same gear I've already heard a million times before.

The problem is that being a shill is literally the only way to make a living playing guitar right now for anyone.

Thats the issue.

All of the Pete Thorns and Jared Dines and Rob Chapman's have changed the game, where slick salesmanship and shilling is what gets you a signature model guitar - not being a great player who makes great music in a great band.

He's indicative of a greater problem that exists in rock music.

The problem is that being a shill is literally the only way to make a living playing guitar right now for anyone.
I think Pete does a fair bit of touring, and if it weren’t for shilling he wouldn’t be able to leave on a whim to tour. I’m not a Pete evangelist, but of the paid demo-ers he’s one of the few who dosent clickbait titles or have ads every 5min for dick pills. While not a high bar I do respect it.

I think Pete does a fair bit of touring, and if it weren’t for shilling he wouldn’t be able to leave on a whim to tour. I’m not a Pete evangelist, but of the paid demo-ers he’s one of the few who dosent clickbait titles or have ads every 5min for dick pills. While not a high bar I do respect it.

That's a fair point, but not exactly what I'm getting at.

it's that he's never been in a kickass band where he wrote kickass (original) songs.

He's a hired gun that can mime other players well 🤷

Which is fine. But if that's a "guitar hero" for the modern era....yikes.

Back