John5 first show with Crue..

In the comments, which is what counts, it looks like they are saying the same thing we are.

U-G is now a marketing machine so all of their 'articles' are going to be positive.
The comments I read at Ultimate Guitar is that the guitar sounded great it's Vince who sucked. The comments here say the guitar sucks .

I saw Vince's solo thing here two weeks ago. He really wasn't that bad and I had low expectations. I knew his backup band would be great and they were. Zoltan was just off the hook. IMHO, John5 can do no wrong. I don't know much of his work, but I've seen the crowds he draws at NAMM and some of his YT videos. He's a certifiable badass. If I go see this tour it will 100% be to watch him.

I saw Vince's solo thing here two weeks ago. He really wasn't that bad and I had low expectations. I knew his backup band would be great and they were. Zoltan was just off the hook. IMHO, John5 can do no wrong. I don't know much of his work, but I've seen the crowds he draws at NAMM and some of his YT videos. He's a certifiable badass. If I go see this tour it will 100% be to watch him.
I couldn't get through one song, I don't care if jesus was playing the guitar.

Let me qualify my thoughts…. John 5 could play circles around me technique wise.

With that said. There is no soul in his playing in the Motley clips. Yes, he is playing the correct notes, but there is no swing or groove. It just sounds clinical. Compounding the issues is the fact that he has no ass end on his tone. It’s fucking Motley Crue. The guitars are supposed to sound huge.

It’s also scary to realize the Tommy Lee is not driving a groove. That is his entire job. Apparently Mick was the entire groove and meat of Motley Crue.
I know this really surprised me too. But I also feel the groove has been lost because Tommy is now forced to play to a click track in his ear. ( remember that clip where the hats start and he isn't playing?) Def Leppard does that too and it just sounds Boring as f-ck. Tommy used to drive those tunes as he played around and with Mick. That created musical tension. Metronomes are for people who suck AND use backing tracks live and that's what these guys are doing now. Because if you are live, those backing tracks ain't always gonna be on time...unless, you use a click. The click is robbing us of the music we like. Think about your own bands...when I drum, me and the guitar player sort of play around each other and when one slows down or catches up ever so slightly, it creates that feel. These songs have no life in them anymore.

I saw Motley Crue open for Ozzy on the Bark At The Moon tour, that was the first concert I ever went to as a kid and seeing them - and Ozzy with Jake -blew my mind. For years Vince has been awful live and now without Mick there'd be no reason for me to want to see them, especially after seeing this latest footage.

I was just going to link this show, Vince sounded good to me here. Listen it's vince. What you are getting is the gritty high timber, not Pavarotti. It worked for the tunes and had the right attitude.

I thought it was actually not bad at all! Have a heart y’all, and maybe try and enjoy some of it?! I thought Vince sounded waaaay better than he has in the last bunch of years. And John 5 did a fine, professional job. Y’all trippin’.

The good ole days

PQtLZjAh.jpg
I used to work @ the concord pav as a stagehand when I was a kid! Memories!

The comments I read at Ultimate Guitar is that the guitar sounded great it's Vince who sucked. The comments here say the guitar sucks .
For the record, there was 1 person that said "John sounds good".

The rest was pretty much echoing what we are saying here brother.

For the record, there was 1 person that said "John sounds good".

The rest was pretty much echoing what we are saying here brother.

The below is what was posted at the time I posted on this board . Not really criticizing John 5's guitar sound like this board is doing .

Nkki and John are one hell of a duo. About Vince, tho....

Not even the powerful John 5 can carry Vince Neil’s sloppy ass through a show.

They sound great on that part between when Vince stops singing and when he starts again

John 5 sounds good. So does Nikki and Tommy. Vince still sounds terrible though

The below is what was posted at the time I posted on this board . Not really criticizing John 5's guitar sound like this board is doing .
OK man. Fair enough. We're just reading the overall comments slightly differently. No big deal. Didn't mean to go sideways. :cheers:

Reactions: ccn
I know this really surprised me too. But I also feel the groove has been lost because Tommy is now forced to play to a click track in his ear. ( remember that clip where the hats start and he isn't playing?) Def Leppard does that too and it just sounds Boring as f-ck. Tommy used to drive those tunes as he played around and with Mick. That created musical tension. Metronomes are for people who suck AND use backing tracks live and that's what these guys are doing now. Because if you are live, those backing tracks ain't always gonna be on time...unless, you use a click. The click is robbing us of the music we like. Think about your own bands...when I drum, me and the guitar player sort of play around each other and when one slows down or catches up ever so slightly, it creates that feel. These songs have no life in them anymore.
Crue has been using click and backing tracks for years, they've even admitted it, many bands use a click live for various reasons, VH even used a click on the last few tours, yes it's true!

Back