Guitar techniques you can't do?

anomaly

Me, I can't do pinch harmonics worth a damn. Sometimes I get lucky and hit one, but the only ones I can sorta get are on the unwound strings and they're like semi pinch harmonics. I think it has to do with the way I hold the pick? cause I've watched tutorials and they say to use a part of the thumb that's higher up. Thing is, I hold the pick with the very ends of my thumb and finger so that seems to get in the way of accomplishing this technique.

Also, another technique I can't do worth a damn is sweep picking, but that doesn't bother me as much, cause I don't think it sounds that great. I mean, the way Marty Friedman uses it 9which is sparingly and tastefully0 it sounds good, but the players that just go nuts with it sound like idiots.

I've been playing guitar since 1996!

I hold my pick at a backwards pickslanting angle (ala troy Grady) so my string changes on shred runs are opposite to the way most people play them.

It makes everything I play sound weird, but different. A lot of alternate picking stuff I can play, but it sounds completely different.

It’s very difficult for me to unlock my wrist. Which makes it hard to strum quickly on an upstroke

Of all the techniques I try, most I can pull off effortlessly. However, the one where you play a note and tap a harmonic still eludes me most of the time. I either need more volume, or just to play with it more.

I do a digging method for pinch harmonics. It is easy that way. Just dig and let your thumb hit the string right after. Try it slow. Works every time

Back