Pickups don't change the tone

Aw come on you can do better than! IQ milling around room temperature? Best you fill out this form and save us from your playground insults. Get back to spiking Glens ad revenue. :p

BUTTHURT-REPORT.jpg

Early 2010s Skeptic™ meme? Check.

We already had the "null test is proof" comment on the other thread; now we just need pics of your fedora, neckbeard, and YouTube videos about how Jeebus Doesn't Real.

I think we either found Glenn Fricker's rigtalk account, or his power bottom's rigtalk account.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, you folks can give eachother all the AIDS and Monkeypox you want, just stay away from my kid please. Especially at school - we know you aren't supposed to be within 500ft.

Some of his videos are ok, content is decent and I like the video he did on the new V30's from China that sound way better than the older ones. That was useful info. But the constant yelling and akward jokes that fall flat are just too much. Surprised he has managed to stay youtube relevant for so long. But then again, so has that annoying German so....

I take back everything and I threw away all of the dead weight of my pickups and am now solely mic'd through a paper cup and string after watching this astonishingly convincing video. No more need for ignorant flat earther techno wizardry full of "nickels" and "cobalts" when I have nascar refrigerator magnets and paper cups, motherfunkers. Who needs sustain, when you have attack? Ditch the frets and dump concrete cross your favorite fingerboard. Thanks Glann for all your inspiration! Your soulful voice, presence, and toddler like wisdom reminds me of Barry Manillow funking a harp with a rusty cock piece. It really gets me through these tough times, ya know?

At this point I think I'm just gonna start sticking a set of strings directly into the electric outlet.

Early 2010s Skeptic™ meme? Check.

We already had the "null test is proof" comment on the other thread; now we just need pics of your fedora, neckbeard, and YouTube videos about how Jeebus Doesn't Real.

I think we either found Glenn Fricker's rigtalk account, or his power bottom's rigtalk account.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, you folks can give eachother all the AIDS and Monkeypox you want, just stay away from my kid please. Especially at school - we know you aren't supposed to be within 500ft.
Shhh, you know the gay jokes gets Kyrpajyra revved up. And with rims as dry as Glen's wives Beef Curtains, you and him will need alot of that snake oil.

As much as I can't stand the guy, his marketing is working. Outraged labotomites continue to feed him views when they aren't too busy calling strangers on the internet gay.

Oh yes Glenn the dropout commie signal chain scientist with GDS. Cries "fair pay" and "living wages" to Gibson, despite them paying higher than the average salary in their community starting day one on the job. Then he promotes guitars built by slaves where the money ends up in the hands of people who aren't our friends and hold no value whatsoever to human rights or the environment. Not that I'm going to pretend like it's at the forefront of my mind either, but he's just so full of shill.

I feel at some point he was a reasonable human being, until he realized that acting like the way he looks (a troll) was getting him clicks. It's sad to see the comment sections of his videos with kids just eating up his BS. Those tuning forks are nothing but greedy capitalist pigdogs.
All the things you just said right there.

I posted this as a separate thread, but I think it's also useful in this thread. Check out Mike Stamper's YouTube page. He has several hundred (Yep, really!) excellent pickup comparisons, bridge and neck, active and passive on his page. It's a gold mine. https://www.youtube.com/@mikestamper/videos

Examples:​

Seymour Duncan JB SH-4 vs EMG 81 - Bridge Pickup Guitar Tone Comparison Demo

DiMarzio PAF PRO vs Seymour Duncan 59' SH-1 - Passive Neck Guitar Pickup Comparison Tone Demo

EMG 66 vs EMG JH "HET" SET - Active NECK Pickup Guitar Tone Comparison / Review / Demo​

DiMarzio X2N vs EMG HOT 70 RETRO ACTIVE - Bridge Guitar Pickup Comparison Tone Demo​

DiMarzio SUPER DISTORTION vs Seymour Duncan JB SH-4 - Passive Bridge Guitar Pickup Comparison Demo

Mike Stamper
8.96K subscribers

Last edited:
Shhh, you know the gay jokes gets Kyrpajyra revved up. And with rims as dry as Glen's wives Beef Curtains, you and him will need alot of that snake oil.

As much as I can't stand the guy, his marketing is working. Outraged labotomites continue to feed him views when they aren't too busy calling strangers on the internet gay.

"labotomites"

Creativity: 6/10
Spelling: 0/10
Dunning-krueger for misspelling a made up word like you're outrageously retarded: stunning and brave/10

He has several hundred (Yep, really!) excellent pickup comparisons, bridge and neck, active and passive on his page. It's a gold mine.
They are great videos and comparisons but I think the differences are so negligible. At the end of the day that in a mix, I don't think that anyone would be able to tell you which pickup is which in a blindfold test. Maybe even still not in a mix.

I think pickups can make a difference in the sense that one set may just work so much better for YOUR SPECIFIC guitar than another set, but there's no telling which pickup will be best until you find it by trial and error.

"labotomites"

Creativity: 6/10
Spelling: 0/10
Dunning-krueger for misspelling a made up word like you're outrageously retarded: stunning and brave/10
The fact you then misspell Dunning-Kruger, is poetic irony.
Spelling 0/10

Nitpicking grammar/semantics and calling strangers gay on the internet:
Creativity 0/10
Retardation level 10/10
Glen's Wallet + $$$

Re-direct all this energy and emotion into making some new music, or a debunk video for Glen? Or have a spliff or a drink at least!

Aw come on you can do better than! IQ milling around room temperature? Best you fill out this form and save us from your playground insults. Get back to spiking Glens ad revenue. :p

BUTTHURT-REPORT.jpg
He's only called me a "fag" and a "retard" so I think we are safe from an intelligent insult. In Rankine <--- would be even better :ROFLMAO:
It took you a single day to come up with a Reddit-tier comeback and you're talking about IQ. Busy hauling your boyfriend to get boned by Jamal and Kareem?

Back