New 2023 Bogner Uber Ultra

Wizard does the same and everyone cool with it somehow. And doesn’t KT88 demand a bigger tranny? That would be pricier, hence the variations.
Wizard actually uses different transformers for 6L6s, El34s and KT150s. The KT amps can also run 6550s and KT120s, the el34 can run 6ca7 and kt77 and
the 6L can run kt66

while I’m sure you could probably run different tubes in the 100w amps, part of the tone is the different transformers as well

Last edited:
Bogner Uber Ultra I can imagine as Ola Englund new signature amp. Very dry chugga-chugga which is good working with 7 string schredder guitars. I had one period of my early tone hunter live with similar sound in my head.
Now my sound preferences are changed, but sometimes I am playing some chugga-chugga themes.

Wizard actually uses different transformers for 6L6s, El34s and KT150s. The KT amps can also run 6550s and KT120s, the el34 can run 6ca7 and kt77 and
the 6L can run kt66

while I’m sure you could probably run different tubes in the 100w amps, part of the tone is the different transformers as well
So I got it right?

New video of the Uber Ultra retail version.

Sweetwater link for the EL34 version: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...mk2-100-watt-2-channel-tube-head-el34-version

And here's something interesting on the back panel:
SxBGrsk.png

Power section options:
  • 150w KT88
  • 100w EL34
  • 100w KT88
  • 100w KT77
  • 100w 6L6
Kind of nuts that there’s that many power section options, hah. How am I possibly supposed to pick the “best” one?

You can mix types too

the 6L can run kt66

Yeah, I was going to say it is weird to me Bogner has different Uber's for El34 and KT77, when these tubes are interchangable typically. I've interchanged them in my Wizard MC II, KT77's are cool and slightly different enough to justify trying out.

Bogner Uber Ultra I can imagine as Ola Englund new signature amp. Very dry chugga-chugga which is good working with 7 string schredder guitars. I had one period of my early tone hunter live with similar sound in my head.
Now my sound preferences are changed, but sometimes I am playing some chugga-chugga themes.
Being a Bogner, I’d be very surprised if it’s dry In the least bit.

Yeah, I was going to say it is weird to me Bogner has different Uber's for El34 and KT77, when these tubes are interchangable typically. I've interchanged them in my Wizard MC II, KT77's are cool and slightly different enough to justify trying out.
Kt77s ate the oddest tune for me .

Bogners usually are not dry sounding amps, in that Reza clip Uber Ultra sounds tight and dry for my ears.

It would be good to hear that amp with melodic hard rock settings.

Reza uses Alnico Cream 90w speakers, which pretty much nobody else on earth uses.

His amp clips, although they might sound fun, are pretty much the farthest thing from what any given amp will sound like through the standard speakers most people pair with high gain amps (greenbacks, V30's, etc). Basically, his clips might be entertaining but there's pretty much nothing you can actually learn from them in terms of how an amp will sound with your setup.

Something else, we still have absolutely no idea what this amp really is. A few videos of playing with minimal knob turning and zero explanation besides "haha yeah man this thing is a BEAST, YEAH hahaha!!!!" doesn't really tell us anything. This is an entirely new revision of a very high profile amp with its own cult following, and we still know absolutely nothing about it. Do the EQ and Presence controls still behave weird as hell compared to most other amps? Is the Presence still basically a Mid Contour knob like it was with the original amps? I'd love to know that in particular because to me, an Uberschall without the bizarre Presence knob that's actually a Mid Contour control isn't really an Uberschall, you know?

Also what do all those new switches do that Reza didn't touch or even mention? Are explanations coming? Reza made an entire video trying to showcase the Metamorphasis and Density knobs and I still haven't the faintest goddamn clue what the Metamorph knob actually does or how powerful it is. Based on context clues I can kinda guess, but I don't know, and that's not the kind of feeling you want people to have when you "showcase" features. I can only assume the Density knob controls negative feedback because that's what it sounded like it did, but who knows if that's really what's happening.

So until somebody who actually knows how to showcase a new amp gets hold of one of these things and does a video, we're really not going to know anything whatsoever about them other than the fact that they do appear to turn on and produce some distortion, just like every other high gain amp ever made.

Last edited:
Yes. I meant, it's not just a matter of resistors being able to handle various tubes like say on a KSR, the transformers are actually different when you order with a specific tube type. Not sure if Bogner is doing the same type of thing
Thank you for educating me 👍🏻

Reza uses Alnico Cream 90w speakers, which pretty much nobody else on earth uses.

His amp clips, although they might sound fun, are pretty much the farthest thing from what any given amp will sound like through the standard speakers most people pair with high gain amps (greenbacks, V30's, etc). Basically, his clips might be entertaining but there's pretty much nothing you can actually learn from them in terms of how an amp will sound with your setup.

Something else, we still have absolutely no idea what this amp really is. A few videos of playing with minimal knob turning and zero explanation besides "haha yeah man this thing is a BEAST, YEAH hahaha!!!!" doesn't really tell us anything. This is an entirely new revision of a very high profile amp with its own cult following, and we still know absolutely nothing about it. Do the EQ and Presence controls still behave weird as hell compared to most other amps? Is the Presence still basically a Mid Contour knob like it was with the original amps? I'd love to know that in particular because to me, an Uberschall without the bizarre Presence knob that's actually a Mid Contour control isn't really an Uberschall, you know?

Also what do all those new switches do that Reza didn't touch or even mention? Are explanations coming? Reza made an entire video trying to showcase the Metamorphasis and Density knobs and I still haven't the faintest goddamn clue what the Metamorph knob actually does or how powerful it is. Based on context clues I can kinda guess, but I don't know, and that's not the kind of feeling you want people to have when you "showcase" features. I can only assume the Density knob controls negative feedback because that's what it sounded like it did, but who knows if that's really what's happening.

So until somebody who actually knows how to showcase a new amp gets hold of one of these things and does a video, we're really not going to know anything whatsoever about them other than the fact that they do appear to turn on and produce some distortion, just like every other high gain amp ever made.
Reza has a good taste, Alnico Creams are my favorite speakers ( together with the Heritage 55 Hz greenbacks ) 😃

Last edited:
Bogners usually are not dry sounding amps, in that Reza clip Uber Ultra sounds tight and dry for my ears.

It would be good to hear that amp with melodic hard rock settings.
Seems based on his clips like these new extra knobs on them can dial in drier sounds on it if desired vs other Bogner’s

Kt77s ate the oddest tune for me .
Other than in my Gjika (came stock with them) I generally hate them, but the vintage Mullard or GEC KT77’s are completely different animals and to me basically just sound like EL34’s with more low mid presence & growl and a bit less in uppermids

Other than in my Gjika (came stock with them) I generally hate them, but the vintage Mullard or GEC KT77’s are completely different animals and to me basically just sound like EL34’s with more low mid presence & growl and a bit less in uppermids
Gjika is interesting amp koncept. The preamp is separate pedal. The Gjika preamp is funktion with different amp platforms? For exl. Gjika preamp + Marshall plexi?

Back