New 2023 Bogner Uber Ultra

american-psycho-christian-bale.gif

The TJ is my favorite Uber. I thought the Blue sounded super loose and had way too much low end. Still, I agree - I've yet to really find an amp I truly liked with KT88s. They give the amp a weird midrange.

Also FWIW, I just put KT77s in my Diezel Einstein and they sound killer. Almost every amp that uses EL34s, I've enjoyed more with KT77s 🤷‍♂️

Fantastic walkthrough on that amp by Michael. The deep dive into the Metamorph and poweramp stuff was super helpful. However @thegame is right that Reza's video sounded more present and modern though.

Something to note here about how Michael's video sounded a bit more subdued than Reza's is that it just goes to show that the speaker cab and mic setup is SO important and will account for the vast majority of any given rig's overall EQ signature. The amp is mostly there to provide the gain characteristics, overall amount of gain, and dynamics, so that's the most important thing to listen for (it's really all you can listen for) in these amp demos.

At any rate, Reza's clips show how bright, present, and modern the amp can get with the right cab/mic setup, and Michael's video shows how extensively you can tweak with the new controls. Every bit of new info helps for figuring out if you can make the amp work for you or not.

Last edited:
Looks like Mike has a new studio setup. I've always enjoyed his videos and playing. The Uber sounds great to me.

I

Who knows .
Sweetwater kind of did me dirty on my preorder of the Mark VII. They had the first black one on hold for me, but then took it off hold to take photos on the website, forgot to put it back on hold, and another rep sold it to someone else, so I didn't get one. I'm not upset about it and still love my rep, but it was a bummer. Hoping that my Uber Ultra preorder has zero issues.

Can't believe I'm saying this but Reza's 3rd UU demo (the one with the white headshell) sounds much better than this. This demo sounds very blanketed.
Agreed, but honestly I never really cared for the way his clips generally sound, so I don’t read to much into it. I thought Reza’s clips of the Uber Ultra were some of his better sounding ones vs his clips of other amps, so that makes me more hopeful for the Uber Ultra

Sweetwater kind of did me dirty on my preorder of the Mark VII. They had the first black one on hold for me, but then took it off hold to take photos on the website, forgot to put it back on hold, and another rep sold it to someone else, so I didn't get one. I'm not upset about it and still love my rep, but it was a bummer. Hoping that my Uber Ultra preorder has zero issues.
Ducked up man

The real test is how does it sounds vs the original or green versions (while using a pedal out front). I find my green version to sound insane with a pedal out front. So much so I had to get rid of my original 5150 since it sounded like a toy when up against the Uber.

Back