My only complaint is when is all of YouTube going to stop showing the actual unboxing . It’s so weird it’s s thing
not really weird at all. those parts of the videos get by far the most views from my analytics. there's literally a channel called. unbox therapy with millions of subs.

you may not get it, but the vast majority of people watching YouTube channels around material items enjoy the unboxing experience which is why it's so popular.

also, I'm not attacking you at all, just disagreeing with your point.

never even seen the dude before. not gonna dig through his channel but he must be doing something entertaining to people, you dont just get that many subs by accident :dunno: im curious what these guys get paid for by a wallet or whatever company for lets say 50k views??
really depends. every channel cas what's called rpm/cpm and to simplify it, it's your stock value, or how. much the advertisers are willing to invest in the YouTube ads on your channel, and it's different from channel to channel. A few of my videos around 20k views have earned anywhere from $75-200 so it varies quite a bit. not much money in the adsense advertising, which is why majority of YouTubers rely on sponsored videos to actually fill out their income.

the good news is you can buy from online retailers with generous return policies. if the gear doesn't work for you with your gear, send it back.

In the last 10+ years, I can count on one hand the gear I returned because I wasn't happy with it after doing my research first.

edit: there are a few channels on YT that I trust, the rest I know they're compensated for it so I take that into consideration. Doesn't invalidate what they say, but I appreciate when they're upfront about it.

really depends. every channel cas what's called rpm/cpm and to simplify it, it's your stock value, or how. much the advertisers are willing to invest in the YouTube ads on your channel, and it's different from channel to channel. A few of my videos around 20k views have earned anywhere from $75-200 so it varies quite a bit. not much money in the adsense advertising, which is why majority of YouTubers rely on sponsored videos to actually fill out their income.

yeh, like that guy Kyle!

:boxer:

j/k enjoy your channel!

not really weird at all. those parts of the videos get by far the most views from my analytics. there's literally a channel called. unbox therapy with millions of subs.

you may not get it, but the vast majority of people watching YouTube channels around material items enjoy the unboxing experience which is why it's so popular.

I get what you’re saying . It’s almost like a pet peave lol . Not just music products . It’s like showing on Facebook for me . Another thing I don’t get . But I get it . To each their own

So I will say I'm one of those guys who doesn't care one way or the other about relicing. Sometimes relic'd guitars look really great, particularly for Fender style guitars.

But man, who in the world would want something as awesome as a black Les Paul Custom and not want it to start out pristine looking? They are some of the best looking guitars ever made, and they look particularly great fresh out of the box, shiny as a polished piano with the binding still bright white to highlight the curves. Seems like such a waste to trash them up like that before they leave the factory.

Last edited:

Unboxing therapy? There’s something disturbing about that somehow. Probably the kind of thing commies point at as evidence of “late stage capitalism.”

I never saw the point of unboxing videos. Then again, I don't see the point in many things many Americans do, but they're entertaining at least, as long as they stay and do it where they are.

:D

never even seen the dude before. not gonna dig through his channel but he must be doing something entertaining to people, you dont just get that many subs by accident :dunno: im curious what these guys get paid for by a wallet or whatever company for lets say 50k views??
It depends on how broad or specific your channel is, plus a ton of other random factors, something like guitar gear reviews is a pretty niche thing so the $ per view is fairly low.

There's a guy who does hiking & camping gear reviews who did a pretty thorough breakdown of how much me made as his channel grew. From 2019-2022 his annual YouTube income was like $11k, $21k, $50k, and $95k (with 260k subscribers). When you see how much some of these guys are making just for having videos that will get clicks, it's no wonder there's so much useless content with catchy titles.

Doesn't Ola "unbox" now and then?,,,,,,and he's not American.

If you went by what you see on TV/commercials you would assume all Americans are obsessed with dancing too,,,,,,,,,,which is certainly not the case in reality. Then again I'm from the Midwest and am 48yrs old,,,,,,,so maybe it's me who is out of touch.

Doesn't Ola "unbox" now and then?,,,,,,and he's not American.

If you went by what you see on TV/commercials you would assume all Americans are obsessed with dancing too,,,,,,,,,,which is certainly not the case in reality. Then again I'm from the Midwest and am 48yrs old,,,,,,,so maybe it's me who is out of touch.
Well, if you went by what you see on TV and commercials you would have to assume straight white men make up maybe 10% of the USA’s population.

Back