11 Celestion speakers comparison (clean/crunch + high gain)

c_tecks

I made a comparison of 11 Celestion speakers. No post processing (not even lowpass/highpass) to give the fairest representation of how they sound.

Which one do you like the most and what are your favourite speakers?
Also what do you like/dislike about the video, all advice is welcome.

High gain comparison:

Guitars only version:

Clean/crunch comparison:

Very nice. Good recorded tones too!

They really all do sound great except for maybe one or two (to me). Once your ear gets used to the new speaker after the first few seconds, they all do have their place. Just depends on your preference I guess.

G12-50GL Lynch: Nice lush and deep sound with deep lows.
H75 Creamback: Aggressive and tight mid-range
Mesa V30: Classic crunch and metal sound we all know and love. A little fizzy.
A-Type: Focused mid-range. I like it.
V-Type: Too scooped and narrow sounding
G12T-75: scooped and fizzy
New 250 Coppper: Meh... unremarkable. Kinda scooped and thin as well
Neo Creamback: Pleasant mids. Nice in the mix but alone a little congested
G12H Anniversary: At first I don't like it but then I do. Aggressive and musical but a bit thin.
G12M-65 Creamback: Like the G12H-75 but not quite as aggressive
Celestion Thevon: Never heard of this one... but I like it. Nice growl

My favorite? I think it's the H75 Creamback and really... any of the cream celestion speakers. The Neo, Anniversary, and M65 are all great too. But I think the H75 is my fave.

FourT6and2":336kh2m1 said:
Very nice. Good recorded tones too!

They really all do sound great except for maybe one or two (to me). Once your ear gets used to the new speaker after the first few seconds, they all do have their place. Just depends on your preference I guess.

G12-50GL Lynch: Nice lush and deep sound with deep lows.
H75 Creamback: Aggressive and tight mid-range
Mesa V30: Classic crunch and metal sound we all know and love. A little fizzy.
A-Type: Focused mid-range. I like it.
V-Type: Too scooped and narrow sounding
G12T-75: scooped and fizzy
New 250 Coppper: Meh... unremarkable. Kinda scooped and thin as well
Neo Creamback: Pleasant mids. Nice in the mix but alone a little congested
G12H Anniversary: At first I don't like it but then I do. Aggressive and musical but a bit thin.
G12M-65 Creamback: Like the G12H-75 but not quite as aggressive
Celestion Thevon: Never heard of this one... but I like it. Nice growl

My favorite? I think it's the H75 Creamback and really... any of the cream celestion speakers. The Neo, Anniversary, and M65 are all great too. But I think the H75 is my fave.

I agree, everything that has 'cream' in the name is lovely :D . I was surprised about the Neo Creamback. I think it sounds a lot better then the Neo 250 copperback.
For building a lightweight cabinet, I'd definitely choose the Neo Creambacks.
Also the Celestion Cream (the last speaker) is very surprising. Also in the room it sounds like everything is there (nice low mid treble balance) but without any harshness at all. Very warm sound, but still badass response (attack).

I liked most of them but a few were definitely not as good to my ear. The A-type, V-type, and the Neo's were all second class for me (Neo Creamback was OK). Hard to pick a favorite from the rest. I didn't love the H30 Anni as much as I expected but I generally don't love them with high gain as much as other styles. I also didn't love the Cream over the cheaper alternatives, just the opposite actually.

SpiderWars":2jmf82o2 said:
I liked most of them but a few were definitely not as good to my ear. The A-type, V-type, and the Neo's were all second class for me (Neo Creamback was OK). Hard to pick a favorite from the rest. I didn't love the H30 Anni as much as I expected but I generally don't love them with high gain as much as other styles. I also didn't love the Cream over the cheaper alternatives, just the opposite actually.

I was actually surprised about the H30, I usually don't like it either for high gain, but imo came out quite good in this comparison.

I've added another clean/crunch comparison to this post.
It's not worth opening a new thread for that, so the first post is updated with a clean/crunch comparison link.

Back