$163 each for nosebleed tickets to see Bonamassa, really ?

Joe B. should be teaching a college course on how to get rich. Well, he's actually doing it instead of teaching, which is even better. But think about his business model. He has zero airplay and zero album sales, and he grew up after MTV's heyday. But he can pack every venue by selling pretty expensive tix. There's gotta be a business course in there somewhere. Hell, my dad is a huge fan of his and I don't get it. My folks can afford any tix and my mom took my dad to see Joe B. I think a lot of the audience were people like my folks who can easily afford those tix and feel somewhat young and hip again by going. I sometimes wonder if my dad picked Joe B. to try to show me that he "gets" guitar music. I send him live videos of Eric Johnson and it might as well be Billie Eilish. He doesn't get it at all. I'm not a fan of Joe's music, but the man can play circles around most of us, he certainly has a better gear collection than anyone here and he's a nice guy. I've talked with him a few times. Totally down to Earth guy.

he has a weird fan base which is fascinating to me. i worked with these two guys about 15 years ago who were the two stiffest dudes ive ever met, like literally allergic to anything fun or entertaining, one day they were all excited for the big concert that night, i asked who could possibly get you two stiffs out let alone be excited about it?? "bonamassa!" i never even heard of him. how these two who listen to no other music heard of him and decide to go see him like its a big event i cant figure out. i checked out his stuff after that and its boring lawyer blues with a few cool solos, cant say i remember any songs

I believe Joe also set up his own production company to run his business. He cuts out a lot of the middlemen and more money goes in his pockets. He’s definitely a smart business man in this day and age where most acts in his tier may struggle in the current music industry situation.

My wife and I saw the Rolling Stones a few weeks back and I don't even want to tell you what those tickets cost but It was a awesome show and I was amazed how much energy they had and how good they sounded.
I heard that from a friend recently. Said it was better than when they saw them in the 70s.

I just checked tickets for Metallica and the middle of the range were over 350.00 each and of course different music /band etc. but really 350 bucks a seat? Those guys are multimillionaires so do they really need to charge that much ? Just the sign of the times.... so when I see a ticket for under 200 bucks nowadays it seems reasonable and that's crazy.

On another note...I have seen Joe Bonamassa live a couple times and he puts on a great show and is an great accomplished player with a voice to match and I honestly don't get all the hate ?
I agree. He kicks ass live.

I mean, with the size of that band and entourage, he has to charge top dollar for those tix. That's a pretty big payroll and he ain't making a dime off of album sales or royalties. I just don't get how he attracts that fanbase. But good on him for doing it.

I've seen Joe 3 times.
Once in 02 he opened for Dokken at the House of Blues on the sunset strip.
I had never heard of him.
He was great.
Next in 08 at Bumpershoot in Seattle.
Maybe 200 people were watching him.
It was great.
Then in 13 at the Paramount.
He was great but I wouldn't pay that kind of money to see him again.
I saw the Dead Dasies last night.
23 bucks.
Glenn Hughes is so amazing !

I never understood the Bonamassa hate. Totally not my music at all, but what does the guy do wrong? I'm jealous as hell of him having all that gear but he knows his shit and appreciates the history of it all, and by all accounts seems like a cool guy. Just seems like there are a lot more easier guys to not like than him.

I never understood the Bonamassa hate. Totally not my music at all, but what does the guy do wrong? I'm jealous as hell of him having all that gear but he knows his shit and appreciates the history of it all, and by all accounts seems like a cool guy. Just seems like there are a lot more easier guys to not like than him.
Right? How can you hate JB as long as John Mayer walks the planet?

I paid $150 for 2 tickets to see Maiden on the Legacy of the Beast tour which was freakin awesome. Paid $400 for a pair of tickets in basically the same seats for MCR’s tour next summer. No idea why the price is so different. It just is what it is.

High school friend was his monitor engineer for 15 years let him go on the day and the dude that would work cheaper was waiting in the wing. He`s a spoiled brat rich kid/ wanna be asshole. Im suprised he didnt kick his lilly ass for that stunt.

Sure! I'd love to help fund Joe B's 47th vintage Fender Princeton he can buy and then toss in the darkest corner of his warehouse of redundant vintage gear he'll never play but happily take off the market for people who actually might.

I will do this by paying to go to one of his concerts to listen to him play old covers of hokey boomer-crack 1-4-5 blues jams while I smugly yell at the people in the stands around me about how it's not "real music" unless it's that exact kind of 1-4-5 blues tune played on REAL instruments by the whitest dorks imaginable.

Last edited:
Right? How can you hate JB as long as John Mayer walks the planet?

I can actually sit and listen through a John Mayer song. Joe Bonamassa's riffs sound generic and boring and his voice isn't much to write home about. I wouldn't pay to see any of them live. If someone gave me free tickets I'd still politely decline to Bonamassa, maybe not John Mayer because he's really handsome.

Back