$163 each for nosebleed tickets to see Bonamassa, really ?

JB-Gear.jpg

Instead of "nerdville" should be called "moneyville".
As one gear hound to another i can appreciate his collection but i never heard a Joe B. song i had to go see.

Saw him a couple of years ago. Can't remember what I paid for tickets, but I an assure you it wasn't $163. Decents seats, smallish auditorium gig. It was a good show, but not $163/seat good. Maybe he's trying to make up for lost time and cancelled covid gigs. :dunno:

I just checked tickets for Metallica and the middle of the range were over 350.00 each and of course different music /band etc. but really 350 bucks a seat? Those guys are multimillionaires so do they really need to charge that much ? Just the sign of the times.... so when I see a ticket for under 200 bucks nowadays it seems reasonable and that's crazy.

On another note...I have seen Joe Bonamassa live a couple times and he puts on a great show and is an great accomplished player with a voice to match and I honestly don't get all the hate ?

Last edited:
I kinda like the guy, but not nearly that much. I saw him for maybe $80 aussie years ago when he was here. Good show, except he didn't handle a good-natured heckle very well.

My wife and I saw the Rolling Stones a few weeks back and I don't even want to tell you what those tickets cost but It was a awesome show and I was amazed how much energy they had and how good they sounded.

I’ve seen him twice, and they were decent shows, but I’m not that into his blues tunes. The second show I was bored at times. I got into him via Black Country Communion, and I prefer his work there with standout rockers. If they played live again I would pay it. Not interested in seeing him solo again.

Thats not a bad price, per se.. He typically plays smaller venues when he comes to Florida, and tickets were always closer to $300. I personally like the guy, have several of his albums and DVD's. Can't deny his tone live, or his chops. But, it goes old quick. He doesn't really evolve over time, just recycled riffs, and everything sounds the same.

Joe B. should be teaching a college course on how to get rich. Well, he's actually doing it instead of teaching, which is even better. But think about his business model. He has zero airplay and zero album sales, and he grew up after MTV's heyday. But he can pack every venue by selling pretty expensive tix. There's gotta be a business course in there somewhere. Hell, my dad is a huge fan of his and I don't get it. My folks can afford any tix and my mom took my dad to see Joe B. I think a lot of the audience were people like my folks who can easily afford those tix and feel somewhat young and hip again by going. I sometimes wonder if my dad picked Joe B. to try to show me that he "gets" guitar music. I send him live videos of Eric Johnson and it might as well be Billie Eilish. He doesn't get it at all. I'm not a fan of Joe's music, but the man can play circles around most of us, he certainly has a better gear collection than anyone here and he's a nice guy. I've talked with him a few times. Totally down to Earth guy.

Back