18 years ago today

The book A Vulgar Display Of Power does a good job of not only focusing on Dimebag, but Jeff Thompson, Erin Halk, and Nathan Bray which I thought was pretty cool as each of those men died as heroes and they all deserve to be known and remembered. What a tragedy. James Niggemeyer retired as an officer about three years after the shooting, it fucked him up pretty damn bad and he's another victim in all of this, too. The book is a pretty good read on the events that led-up to December 8th, 2004 and it is easy to find if anyone is itnerested in reading it:

51j3Wlc7iqL.jpg
That looks like a great read. Nice to see someone not just cashing in on Dime but paying honor to everyone involved. I think Dime would've really appreciated that because of all the big stars you hear about he is one of the guys who struck me as a big fan of his fans. No doubt it was reciprocal. Thanks for sharing about it.

RIP Dime. WTF does "Getcha pull" mean, anyway?
I would assume he meant "getcha pull" of whatever liquor is preferred. But maybe I'm wrong. "Lemme get a pull off that" was something we'd say to a buddy when you wanted to take a slug of that Jim Beam and we were sharing a bottle.

I would assume he meant "getcha pull" of whatever liquor is preferred. But maybe I'm wrong. "Lemme get a pull off that" was something we'd say to a buddy when you wanted to take a slug of that Jim Beam and we were sharing a bottle.

It refers to his ability to hit the squealies from anywhere on the fretboard. He sort of coined the term. He was such a killer guitar player. But I think you are right in that it has another meaning too. ( slinging booze)

Ya like hit me with that bottle honey

Back