6 minutes with a Cameron CCV

• Thread starter Deleted member 3520
  • Start date
$3K guitar & $4K amp i now pronounce you king of the bedroom.
Ive heard 5150 amps that would destroy that including my own Mesa's & Marshalls.
I could tell no audible difference in your tone settings except maybe a little more headroom here or there.
Try placing the camera/mic IN FRONT of the cab or maybe getting in a bigger room.
In any event thanks for taking the time to shoot the video.
The 5150 is the king of commercial. Right behind a recto. In room, it’s night and day difference.

Really cool man!! I’ve owned 4 Cameron’s through the years. Everyone always says ‘yadda yadda can sound like a Cameron....’
They are very distinct. Congrats on the score!
This is true, I can say that it’s the only thing that sounds like it does. It’s not often that I feel like a voice was nailed well and the sun of all parts is just on point, and that’s the case here.

Sounds great bro! Congrats on the acquisition.

Out of my price range but totally cool. I would love to play one someday though to experience the magic.

Congrats! 🍻🍻
Thanks! It’s a neat amp.

$3K guitar & $4K amp i now pronounce you king of the bedroom.
Ive heard 5150 amps that would destroy that including my own Mesa's & Marshalls.
I could tell no audible difference in your tone settings except maybe a little more headroom here or there.
Try placing the camera/mic IN FRONT of the cab or maybe getting in a bigger room.
In any event thanks for taking the time to shoot the video.
I did notice at the beginning of the video that the gain was dimed on both pots. In this case, like many amps with bright switches, the bright caps are electronically bypassed/out of circuit. Add the fact the these amps have linear taper gain pots, the gain is more like a bright control than a gain control. Dropping the gain pots to between 11:00-12:00 will retain the same level of gain but significantly tighten the amp when using the bright switches. In this area, the bright switches have the most effect.

I did notice at the beginning of the video that the gain was dimed on both pots. In this case, like many amps with bright switches, the bright caps are electronically bypassed/out of circuit. Add the fact the these amps have linear taper gain pots, the gain is more like a bright control than a gain control. Dropping the gain pots to between 11:00-12:00 will retain the same level of gain but significantly tighten the amp when using the bright switches. In this area, the bright switches have the most effect.
Cool, I’ll check it out! I found I like the sound of gain 2 at 12:00 and the other up.

I max the gain on my old SLO for this same reason; not to have all the crazy gain, but the feel loosens up that high, I actually prefer it NOT so tight. I tend to lower my volume/tone about 1/10 turn to keep it a little tame.

I know...I didn’t think I would ever part with it. I still have my Cameron Aldrich though.
Well I’m glad you did! Ya know, the funny thing is I truly expected to get it and feel it was just another amp with a ton of hype...but it isn’t, they are completely unique!

That Aldrich will cover you, you’ll be good! Thanks again.

Thanks for the clips! They sounded really damn good. I'd love to play one of these, but it is way out of my budget. Congrats on the amp though!

There is nothing....NOTHING....like acquiring a dream amp and finding that tone and feel you really wanted fulfilled. Your taste may change as time goes on,and you might decide to sell it to try chasing another tone. Many here will tell you a similar story,most with the same ending...the deep lament of the loss of something special they then spent years to acquire again.

My advice is to start saving now for that next tone quest,so you don't have to let go of the current obsession to finance the next. Don't let her get away,you will most likely regret it.

I sold the Cameron in my avatar that Mark did for me to buy a JVM :ROFLMAO: I've done some dumb F'ing moves with music gear but that's right up there with the best of the worst, but I was also under immense pressure from J.B. who threw enough cash at me that I couldn't say no (he sold it too...)

Even worse though is our friend who was a very early adopter of modded Marshall's, who sent Mark an original 1987x, got it back quick, couldn't figure out the switches, missed the push / pull pots, and sold it for $800 without mentioning it to us......he later said he broke even w/ the amp + cost of mods at that time so he was happy.

Back