Aldrich modded 1959 SLP - Clips!!!!

1meanplexi

Just got this and whew!!!!!

Attachments

• 25B0F72D-DBA3-45C8-936F-9F54827B7557.jpeg
    25B0F72D-DBA3-45C8-936F-9F54827B7557.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 138
Is there even a known Aldrich mod or was it amp to amp different sort of like what Cameron was/is known for?

Mark always tweaks stuff to the amp and customer , but there are some things that of course identify it to be an aldrich. 4 gain stages , all tube , plate fed eq setup , tweaked negative feedback / resonance stuff , no zener or clipping transistors in the circuit. It's kinda like a boogie mark series, bogner, and a marshall had a really evil baby.

The mod that is in this particular amp was a circuit I made a copy of from a very very good sounding cameron aldrich amp I had. It was the best sounding one I ever heard, the thing was just straight up nasty. There is a pretty long story behind this particular amp as well.

Mark had it for like 4 or 5 years and Josh (jcj) did me a huge solid and went to marks and rescued it for me. Mark had started the mod, but never finished it. I gutted the mod and did it myself once I got it back. Mind you , I got it back with no tubes , no pots, no back panel , and a total disaster.

It was one of the first ones I did , it has a mercury output tranny and it Def sounded awesome!

Nick

Last edited:
Mark always tweaks stuff to the amp and customer , but there are some things that of course identify it to be an aldrich. 4 gain stages , all tube , plate fed eq setup , tweaked negative feedback / resonance stuff , no zener or clipping transistors in the circuit. It's kinda like a boogie mark series, bogner, and a marshall had a really evil baby.

The mod that is in this particular amp was a circuit I made a copy of from a very very good sounding cameron aldrich amp I had. It was the best sounding one I ever heard, the thing was just straight up nasty. There is a pretty long story behind this particular amp as well.

Mark had it for like 4 or 5 years and Josh (jcj) did me a huge solid and went to marks and rescued it for me. Mark had started the mod, but never finished it. I gutted the mod and did it myself once I got it back. Mind you , I got it back with no tubes , no pots, no back panel , and a total disaster.

It was one of the first ones I did , it has a mercury output tranny and it Def sounded awesome!

Nick
I know the "Nick amp".
I ended up selling it to Steve K.
That was the most "genuine"?, cameron I'd heard/played & f'n slayed.

Nick
Josh is a savior. 😁

Back