Andy Timmons is underrated

Kyrpajyra

Banned

Been listening this album for few days in a row now. It annihilates everything that's done today. 90s had some great instrumental rock stuff behind the scenes when Grunge was the mainstream.

Also 80's and 90's production and mixing just sounds better than stuff done today imo. 😎

You're right that he is underrated but the video is blocked. I know I've posted his live version of Strawberry Fields before and it showed...so that's odd.

EDIT: I had to see.

Last edited:
He's an incredible guitar player with great tone and a lot of soul and he's been around a long time I dig the hell out of him!

You're right that he is underrated but the video is blocked. I know I've posted his live version of Strawberry Fields before and it showed...so that's odd.

EDIT: I had to see.

Seems to play to me normally. Maybe it's a geoblock?

Seems to play to me normally. Maybe it's a geoblock?
It shows the one I posted but the one in your op says "Video Unavailable - This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." It doesn't even tell me what the video is. I live in the continental US.

It shows the one I posted but the one in your op says "Video Unavailable - This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." It doesn't even tell me what the video is. I live in the continental US.
Ah that explains it. It's Andy's Ear X-Tacy full album.

Maybe this plays normally.

I agree Andy is an incredible player.
He has been very outgoing and humble the times I have talked with him.
He also has a good sense of humor.
His tone is great as well.

I surprised my bud Robert Keeley a few weeks ago when he was traveling with Andy Timmons and doing demos of the "Halo" pedal. Andy absolutely destroyed the fretboard and was a monster! His tone was insane!

I got to meet him and he was really cool and laid back. One hilarious moment was when someone from the crowd said "I was wondering how to get your sound with the Halo pedal?" and Andy said "well plug in your guitar and then turn on the Halo pedal" and everyone died laughing. He told the guy he was just messing with him and just explained to him about how tones are in the fingers, etc.

Saw Andy at a clinic in the early 90's in Columbus, Ohio. Before YouTube when I learned about new music from magazines and trading tapes. Spent most of the time picking my jaw up off the floor.

Lol underrated? He gets mentioned often.. he's a monster player. I get the impression that he is very much celebrated.

He's one of the few players out there that has the chops to play whatever he wants but still chooses to make his music about melody as opposed to acrobatic fretboard math problems. And he's good at writing melodies.

I can probably count the "guitar soloist" artists I can listen to for more than a few minutes on one hand. Andy Timmons is one of them. And he has some of the best tone in the industry.

Last edited:
Ah that explains it. It's Andy's Ear X-Tacy full album.

Maybe this plays normally.

This album always reminds me of being a teenager, not just because I was a teenager in 1994 but in the city I was from we had one big independent record store in the one cool area of town to hang out called ear-x-tacy. Sign even looked the title on this version of the CD (although the store predates it by about a decade).

Thanks for reading my blog.

Attachments

• BB4C6817-A1E0-489B-BB9D-A777CA36F0C4.jpeg
    BB4C6817-A1E0-489B-BB9D-A777CA36F0C4.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 15
Back