Any lawyer’s here ?

tpruitt

I need to figure out my options.
PayPal is refusing to honor there protection policy even when I’ve proven with info and a letter from ups a package was not delivered to my address. And it did not originate from the sellers address. A clear scam of the seller just providing a tracking number.

Not a lawyer (although I play one on reddit sometimes) I have had similar situations with paypal in the past. I was able to escalate to a supervisor and after alot of bullshit get my refund. This was long ago and things may have changed but start by calling and escalating to a supervisor.

Get the dimensions of the package that the tracking number belongs to. I had a guitar shipped with a fake tracking number. USPS gave me the dimensions and they were clearly not a guitar. That's when PP refunded my money.

Bro, PayPal are shysters of the highest order. They have straight up robbed me 3 times!

One time I used an atm with my PayPal card. ( do they still have those?) I tried to withdraw cash from PayPal account. The money got stuck in the atm machine and it sucked the cash back in. While this was happening, I pointed it out to the manager. He witnessed it happen. So I called PayPal and told them what happened. They said they cover that and put the money back in my account. So, a month later my PayPal is negative a few hundred bucks and I’m perplexed as to why? I call PayPal and they inform me that I got the money from the atm and they took it back from me. So, I am absolutely FURIOUS. I go get the managers name and number for PayPal. While there he tells me that the atm maintenance guy was there just a few hours later and clearly took the money that was stuck that day. I contact PayPal and provide the managers name and number and tell them he witnessed it happen and even saw the atm maintenance guy take the cash out of the atm. In the end, the atm maintenance man said the money wasn’t there and that I got it that day and it never got stuck. Unbelievable. I had a witness, the manager, and they took the word of the atm maintenance guy over me and the manager!! I was furious. I never got the money back. PayPal is horrible.

Another time I met a guy in person in SF to sell some guitar parts, pickups, pedal, etc. he asked if he could pay with PayPal. I said, “sure, as long as I can see the cash in my account that is fine.” He pays me, we complete the deal, go our separate ways and it’s done. Next day my account is down $800!! Guy reported his account must have been hacked. I told PayPal I met him in person! At that point they said I automatically lost the case because paypAl is not for in person deals. So this shyster got his money back and my gear!!! I filed a police report and tried to make them bring him to the station so I could identify him in person. SF. Police wanted nothing to do with it and said, “ be more careful online,” and that I was lucky it was only $850 and not a lot more!!

PayPal is a despicable company who let scammers run free and do as they wish!!

A lawyer willing enough to go after PP will
bury you in fee’s and assessment’s.
Go straight to you CC and get it moving.
I had a VERY powerful billionaire attorney look me dead in the eye and say
“If anybody can break the law,
-it’s gonna be an attorney”,
like if anyone’s allowed, -it’s him.
This dude was pure EVIL and he tried to stiff me $30,000.,
in landscape renovations, lighting and bad ass drainage designs.., no way.
I had many clients on his Bayshore Blvd…
So I went to each one and explained precisely what went down, they thought it was awefully tacky to do to the J-Bird and started talking all amongst the neighboring homes..that check was in my mailbox 1 day later.

*Plan B involved Slipknot blasting the whole mission and I do not plan on coming back alive or or in one piece, so I was thrilled Plan A worked liked a charm!🎯

Try Larry's US based lawyer, Lionel Hutz

hqdefault.jpg

I hate Paypal and Reverb as these sites tend not to protect you like you think they would.

Had a guitar that I sold on Reverb. Add had tones of detailed pictures so one could see every inch of the guitar. Buyer receives it and then immediately tells me that he wants a refund as he claims the Floyd Rose bridge is sitting crooked even though all pictures that I had in the add show the bridge straight as can be. He then sends me pictures of the guitar completely taken apart showing the so called crooked bridge.

Reverb tells me that I need to give him a refund. Wait a second. I have full proof that the bridge was straight and it maybe got damaged in shipping but don't know how as it was shipped in a hardcase and double boxed. Second I tell Reverb that now I will be out shipping the guitar across country, then pay for it to be sent back to me and top it off the buyer took my guitar completely apart. Strings off, bridge off, pickguard off, etc.

I get guitar back and it has no strings, bridge separate from guitar, pickguard missing screws, etc and now I have to put it all back together and get it set back up properly? Excuse me Reverb how is this protecting the seller?

JOKE

I hate Paypal and Reverb as these sites tend not to protect you like you think they would.

Had a guitar that I sold on Reverb. Add had tones of detailed pictures so one could see every inch of the guitar. Buyer receives it and then immediately tells me that he wants a refund as he claims the Floyd Rose bridge is sitting crooked even though all pictures that I had in the add show the bridge straight as can be. He then sends me pictures of the guitar completely taken apart showing the so called crooked bridge.

Reverb tells me that I need to give him a refund. Wait a second. I have full proof that the bridge was straight and it maybe got damaged in shipping but don't know how as it was shipped in a hardcase and double boxed. Second I tell Reverb that now I will be out shipping the guitar across country, then pay for it to be sent back to me and top it off the buyer took my guitar completely apart. Strings off, bridge off, pickguard off, etc.

I get guitar back and it has no strings, bridge separate from guitar, pickguard missing screws, etc and now I have to put it all back together and get it set back up properly? Excuse me Reverb how is this protecting the seller?

JOKE
Etsy bought out reverb, and brought with it to reverb the bullshit guitar center’s been dealing with for years. There’s real idiot musicians out there and the internet doesn’t filter them out. I hope you gave him a shit review in return.

The market overall isn’t what it used to be. Common sense isn’t common anymore. I’m thankful I haven’t had to deal with anything crazy in a while but I did have my problems with eBay and international broken items on rig talk.

OP - you have to go after the CC and bank. Use the size and weight of the UPS package as proof it wasn’t a guitar.

Get the dimensions of the package that the tracking number belongs to. I had a guitar shipped with a fake tracking number. USPS gave me the dimensions and they were clearly not a guitar. That's when PP refunded my money.

This; I got hit with the fake tracking # shit before and the declared dimensions and weight of the "package" were nowhere near the item I was supposed to receive. When I pointed that out to PP I was refunded immediately

Edit: also the tracking # was generated and "shipped" before I even actually placed the order - check the date/time details on your fake tracking #

I’ll write up what happened tomorrow as I got sh*t to do tonight. But yeah I did most of your suggestions already. And they still declined to protect me.

Ok so I finally received my refund. I’ll try and make this as short as I can.
I bought a triaxis on reverb. I paid. After two days of not seeing a tracking number I tried to message the guy. His account had been deleted. No tracking number so I thought ok the funds was never released. So the next day I see on PayPal the money was released. I do the messaging thing with reverb. They say the invoice has my info on it and that’s how he got my PayPal info to include the tracking number to.
Message PayPal. They said I gotta message the seller and wait 30 days. Well by then I see a tracking number in PayPal. Says delivered to Michigan. I’m in Ohio. It also says delivered on the 10th. I didn’t even order it on the 11th. So I file a claim.
Two days later it’s denied. I go and look and the tracking number is changed. Now it says shipped on the 15th delivered on the 16th. Well the item was coming from Spain. The number also says delivered to my city. He has a conformation with a signature and a note that says left at front desk. I live in a house not a office!
Message PayPal they say we’ll contact ups. They reopen my case. A week later I message PayPal they say no it’s my responsibility to get ahold of ups. So I go get the info they ask for from ups. Next day denied. Message them back,they say the info matches what he gave them and I gave him this wrong address. Wtf. So message reverb. Remessage PayPal They reopen the case. This morning I got my refund. Long story hope you can follow it all. But I guess I should have just spent the hours and hours on hold with PayPal it probably would have saved me a lot of time.

When I had the info from ups that has the sender and receiver of that tracking number being both very large businesses that are not my address and still being denied my refund I was beyond pissed.
I definitely had a headache over it yesterday but it all worked out. Well other than I don’t have a damn mesa triaxis!

Back