Anybody dig the new Greta Van Fleet?

Dino 939

Banned
Particularly the song Heat Above.
Mainly, the drum intro is KILLER.
Bonham would be stoked!
There's something big in the future for that singer,
he's just too f'n good.
Like a mix of Jeff Buckley & Freddy Mercury.
I'll leave the other dude's up to you.

I’m not sure why I can’t get into them, they really are a great blend of a lot of classic bands that I should and want to love but it just dosent stick with me, I’ll give this new one a listen tomorrow when I’m working around the house

Great talents but it's hard to watch or listen to them sometimes without being a little distracted
by how blatant some of the nods are to their obvious influences.

I'll take them over just about anything else getting any mainstream airplay though.

Great talents but it's hard to watch or listen to them sometimes without being a little distracted
by how blatant some of the nods are to their obvious influences.

I'll take them over just about anything else getting any mainstream airplay though.
Agreed.

A few bands I 'picked up' during my travels to the US that also clearly have 60's/70's influences, but don't come off as douchey trying-too-hards, would be Scorpion Child and Orchid.

Love this song:

And maybe a bit much Sabbat-y, but still lovin' it too

They grew up in my town. Daughters worked with them and their sisters I guess at a restaurant. I don’t mind the music.

Bunch of rehashed bullshit. Not a real difference to the shitty bands I grew up with.

There's a lot of great bands writing new stuff that has no airplay because of the fact people like old familiar sounds to something actually innovative and strange to them.

Not a fan, and I love 70’s classic rock. Some of these retro bands are OK but they always fall short in actual musicianship compared to the originals. I’d rather just put on some live Humble Pie and hear actual magic. For me a good example of a band that brought rock back into the mainstream for a little while and was still their own thing is The Darkness.

Last edited:
Heat above? Reverse cowgirl?
Watching now. Froto has some pipes!
I like their first album.
Not totally digging this tune, but maybe with some repeated listens.
Live version on Kimmel:

Back