Anybody dig the new Greta Van Fleet?

DxXks5uWsAEzfuH.jpg

led-zeppelin-greta-van-fleet-46187154.png

2b120bad3cdb031a9684fa6cb3e0c96a.jpg
a9RW9KD_460s.jpg

:unsure: I first heard of GVF through Robert Plant. When asked what new bands he likes, the first band he mentioned was GVF. I have to admit, I loved what Kingdom Come did. IMO, this is what a true "tribute" band does, not covers. I'll take Kingdom Come over Greta Van Fludder any day.

Last edited:
:unsure: I first heard of GVF through Robert Plant. When asked what new bands he likes, the first band he mentioned was GVF. I have to admit, I loved what Kingdom Come did. IMO, this is what a true "tribute" band does, not covers. I'll take Kingdom Come over Greta Van Fludder any day.

Bob rock told a story how somehow he ended up at John Paul Jones house who then kicked him out upon finding out he produced this record HAHA.

It’s kinda the same as gvf and the rest the bands posted in this thread, I can listen to it and enjoy it in the moment but nothing is triggering that “I need to hear this again” nerve.
Graveyard come across as much more authentic than most other bands doing the retro thing.

Some of the songs are ok but I can’t get past the schtick. The outfits are ridiculous. Seems like they’re trying waaaay too hard and the singer has ZERO stage presence. Their performance on SNL looked like amateur hour.

They came out balls a blazing but it sure looks like they've succumbed to their own hype.

They were a lot more raw in the beginning. Chops were not very tight back then though.

I’m not sure why I can’t get into them, they really are a great blend of a lot of classic bands that I should and want to love but it just dosent stick with me, I’ll give this new one a listen tomorrow when I’m working around the house
I can’t get into them either. That singer tries way too hard. He mimics Plant, down to his hand movements and vocal lines.

Back