Anybody ever import....

I want another dog but I'm only interested in the large natural protective types. I have kinda settled on a couple breeds but the prices are just fucking stupid. Yet in their home countries they are almost free. $4k for a puppy here and would still have to travel halfway across the country to get it, or have it shipped. Or $200 bucks for a puppy and then pay for transport from the home country.

I want another dog but I'm only interested in the large natural protective types. I have kinda settled on a couple breeds but the prices are just fucking stupid. Yet in their home countries they are almost free. $4k for a puppy here and would still have to travel halfway across the country to get it, or have it shipped. Or $200 bucks for a puppy and then pay for transport from the home country.
What exactly are you looking for in an animal? There is so many great animals here in the states it sounds like you had a specific breed in mind that is harder to get here?

I want another dog but I'm only interested in the large natural protective types.
Get a Great Pyrenees.

BWFSdj0.jpg

What exactly are you looking for in an animal? There is so many great animals here in the states it sounds like you had a specific breed in mind that is harder to get here?
It's more about the prices of the sorts of dogs he's interested in I think mate.

Central asian shepherd…alibai….Turkish malaki or a boerboel….possibly a kangal. I want size.
I'm poor. If I did it all again I'd probably just have black mouth or mountain curs. Real easy on the feed bill but built strong and tough, good watchdogs, natural hunters,. Really an all around dog for more hard core country life than I have now. It's funny, for the pedigreed curs I have seen people who have paid many thousands to have them in Europe or other places because they are nearly exclusive to the southern US. Common down here, less so elsewhere.

I just got a new dog a couple weeks ago I guess. Showed up in my yard. A little black Lab puppy about 4 months maybe . Tossed her off my porch. Hosed her with the garden hose. Shooed her away. I have two dogs already I don't want another. But she wasn't budging. She kept sleeping on my porch at night. I can't get rid of her. She's untethered and doesn't run off. Follows me everywhere. She dug into the chicken pen the other day but just waned some bones that were in there, lol. I guess I'm keeping her says she. We call her angel cause she is sweet. Now I have a red dog, a yellow dog, a black dog...all I need is a white one to round out the collection.

Sounds like you need a Cane Corso.

I would also suggest a Belgian Malinois like my boy in my avatar. But I warn, you better be active AF. They need to get the energy out, everyday. Super fun dog, and the smartest breed.

Last edited:
Let me start by saying that I love dogs and animals in general. I’ve never come across a dog I didn’t like. That is, until my friend imported Hector. Hector was a Brussels Griffon. (4 or 5 pounds) He was the most ferocious dog. While being tiny in physical stature, he more than made up for in immense acts of violence and savagery I quickly grew to despise that little bastard.

After a few short months, he was universally hated. Even when my friend made the greatest gear acquisition (and he made some GLORIOUS acquisitions), nobody would go check out his new guitar or amp if Hector was there. He was an escape artist of rare capability and if you were there, Hector was going to violently assault you. That little bastard bit me at least 25 times, and the damage he inflicted was like that of a dog 10x his size.

The noises Hector was capable of making were both startling and unsettling. His fiancé said she woke many nights frightened thinking they heard a dying, and crying baby in the backyard, gasping for breath, and gurgling. Other nights she awoke thinking they were under assault via unknown monster. I have seen Hector make hissing sounds like a rattler. His fiancé eventually left him because of Hector.

The guys that sold Hector probably had the greatest laugh of their lives as they sold him as a purebred Brussels Griffon. He had to have been genetically sliced with rattler & hyena. As they locked him in his crate for the last time, they probably collapsed in a hysterical fit of laughter as they imagined the hell he would soon wreak upon his new owner and his life as he was expecting a friendly little Ewok’esque dog.

DUDE, BEWARE of IMPORTED animals!! Demand much video over weeks.

Let me start by saying that I love dogs and animals in general. I’ve never come across a dog I didn’t like. That is, until my friend imported Hector. Hector was a Brussels Griffon. (4 or 5 pounds) He was the most ferocious dog. While being tiny in physical stature, he more than made up for in immense acts of violence and savagery I quickly grew to despise that little bastard.

After a few short months, he was universally hated. Even when my friend made the greatest gear acquisition (and he made some GLORIOUS acquisitions), nobody would go check out his new guitar or amp if Hector was there. He was an escape artist of rare capability and if you were there, Hector was going to violently assault you. That little bastard bit me at least 25 times, and the damage he inflicted was like that of a dog 10x his size.

The noises Hector was capable of making were both startling and unsettling. His fiancé said she woke many nights frightened thinking they heard a dying, and crying baby in the backyard, gasping for breath, and gurgling. Other nights she awoke thinking they were under assault via unknown monster. I have seen Hector make hissing sounds like a rattler. His fiancé eventually left him because of Hector.

The guys that sold Hector probably had the greatest laugh of their lives as they sold him as a purebred Brussels Griffon. He had to have been genetically sliced with rattler & hyena. As they locked him in his crate for the last time, they probably collapsed in a hysterical fit of laughter as they imagined the hell he would soon wreak upon his new owner and his life as he was expecting a friendly little Ewok’esque dog.

DUDE, BEWARE of IMPORTED animals!! Demand much video over weeks.
OrbitingSlitherer, I will heed ye advice!

Back