Apologies to Mike Fortin... can I have a mulligan?

squank

In my excitement after getting the Diavlo head yesterday, I made a very hasty recording on my new phone. Well, as some of you heard, the recording clipped all over the place and generally sounded shitty. Today I was thinking that was not a very nice thing to have out there for Mike. He's such a great amp designer, and these new Randall amps of his sound so amazing - I was not doing him any favors with that first clip I posted.

So, this morning I coughed up $4.99 for GarageBand and put a Sennheiser 609 in front of the cab. This new clip still features my lame playing, but at least you can hear more of the amp's great low end and awesome chunk that cuts through a mix wonderfully.

Anyway, sorry again to Mike, and hopefully this will make up for that other one. I'm going to replace the crappy clip in the other thread with this one as soon as I post this.

Randall Diavlo RD50, modified by Mike Fortin, 50w EL34 head into matching Diavlo 1x12. PRS SC with Anderson H3 pickup.

That had a mean ass grind. Loved it. :rock: Best clip I've heard of the Diavlo so far. I'm getting one. I intentionally passed up the MF deal so that I can get the new version. It will certainly cost more (and I'm poor) but I like the look of the new ones. Can't wait til Killertone gets some Diavlo vids up. A single mic, interface and Garageband are all that's needed to get some good clips up. Thanks

Thanks for the kind comments, guys.

bubbastain":1fn75m9e said:
That had a mean ass grind. Loved it. :rock: Best clip I've heard of the Diavlo so far. I'm getting one. I intentionally passed up the MF deal so that I can get the new version. It will certainly cost more (and I'm poor) but I like the look of the new ones. Can't wait til Killertone gets some Diavlo vids up. A single mic, interface and Garageband are all that's needed to get some good clips up. Thanks
You're welcome!

By waiting for the RD45, you are also going to get a better loop, adjustable impedance, and a much better knob/channel layout.

Bob Savage":1fn75m9e said:
One demerit has been issued.

I deserve it!

Just one more clip. I've bumped up the Presence in this one so you can hear just a bit more of the great mid/highs the amp has. The previous clip was done with all EQ (incl Pres) at noon. The only change is the Presence here is at 2 o'clock.

The song is "Kicked in the Face" by Impossible Tuesday. Please forgive the lead break weedly weedly:

bummed I missed the MF Blowout cos I am really interested in the 1W or 5W version, so I totally would have paid $299 for the 50W. Congrats - sounds good!

Sounds mean man! I have a mic(57) and garage band in my laptop(macbook). What do i need for an interface?

Thanks guys again for your kind comments.

mchn13":34t2xuli said:
Sounds mean man! I have a mic(57) and garage band in my laptop(macbook). What do i need for an interface?

I am using an Alesis iO Dock with an iPad. But all you need is a basic interface. There are many available, and the prices are all over the place. A really cheap option that I looked at before I got the Alesis is iRig. $39 and you are recording, but you're going through the GarageBand plugins. You can even use it with an iPhone/iPod/iPad.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-...ace-adapter-for-iphone-ipod-ipad?src=3WWRWXGP

But if you want to mic an amp, you can use something as simple as the Griffin iMic, but you'll need an XLR to 1/8" adapter.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ampaign=none&gclid=CNOAx8C6k7UCFQJx4Aod21AAYA

I haven't used either of these products, so I can't vouch for them. Just showing them as examples of what hardware you'll need. I'd so some searches on Mac forums to find out what works for most people.

Back