Are we just, not gonna talk about the Rev F Dual rec Reissue or???

I mean it’s all personal taste man. Could I make it work? Sure. But the old ones are WAY better IMO on that orange channel. There’s so many iconic tones with those early rectos.

I’m not a fan of this dude, but it’s a decent video you can hear the differences.

This really shows how amp design and amps in general has really stagnated and not advanced in many years. 30 years apart and really, not much different. It’s like current cars where a gen will go for 7 to almost 10 years (milk that production line) when back in the 50’s and 60’s there would be a major change in just a couple of years. In amps as well. ironically a lot of us still don’t need any more than an OG 5150, recto or boosted 6 knob Marshall to be in high gain heaven and the only thing new amps have is that they are new and have taken away the fun factor of rockin’ at volume for addled brained, IR loading “home” pro’s….😂

I have a lot of hope for this, however like with all the other modern / reissues, they can no longer use the original style LDRs (because of Germanium being outlawed) which causes some fundamental changes to the circuit. Is this the magic sauce? 🤷‍♂️ It sure doesn't seem to be the transformers!

Can you guys really discern these revisions side by side without looking? I've only had a couple recs, one real early and one real late and they pretty much sounded the same to me from memory. Of course they were 12 or so yrs apart.

:LOL:

Think of all the tonal options with this?

HNvGUO7.jpg
Damn, now that would be an amp to play on every day :rock:

However, Mesa Boogie would probably start with a retail price over $10,000!!

Can you please explain the differences between the various Recto amps please. I'm curious because I've never owned a recto before.
C is regarded as the tightest and brightest. Long story short increasingly more bass and looser feel the later the revision for C, D, E, F, G. I have a C, D, and F for reference. Owned a G, just have not owned/played an E.

One of the biggest differences, honestly, is in the feel. The C/D are really tight. The F is more loose by comparison (though not as loose as the G).

Last edited:
This really shows how amp design and amps in general has really stagnated and not advanced in many years. 30 years apart and really, not much different. It’s like current cars where a gen will go for 7 to almost 10 years (milk that production line) when back in the 50’s and 60’s there would be a major change in just a couple of years. In amps as well. ironically a lot of us still don’t need any more than an OG 5150, recto or boosted 6 knob Marshall to be in high gain heaven and the only thing new amps have is that they are new and have taken away the fun factor of rockin’ at volume for addled brained, IR loading “home” pro’s….😂
A big part in this is, that old suckers (like we) don`t reply to positive to the newer and more modern stuff. It`s either to many bells and whistles, the amp sounds not organic enough or I don`t like the chugga chugga stuff anyway for what it was designed. Amps were steadily updated with more channels, cab clone stuff and switching option etc.
Yes, the basic design is still the same, preamp, poweramp and tubes, but so it is with cars (engine burning fuel). The next major step for amps probably was going digital, but again, old suckers don`t like this because of "reasons" :dunno:

C is regarded as the tightest and brightest. Long story short increasingly more bass and looser feel the later the revision for C, D, E, F, G. I have a C, D, and F for reference. Owned a G, just have not owned/played an E.

One of the biggest differences, honestly, is in the feel. The C/D are really tight. The F is more loose by comparison (though not as loose as the G).
One thing I’d add, at least with the C I had, the power section was monstrous and reminded me of an SLO or vintage Marshall in that sense…pv was close to 500v which differs greatly with the later Rectos that seem underpowered by comparison.

I wonder if it will cost more or less than what Rev F’s go for on the used market now.
Considering to make a G an F is probably less than 10 dollars in parts (depending on how pricy you want to go with your caps, resistors)

Back