Bands you like, but have no desire to play their music on guitar

psychodave

There are quite a few bands that I like, but have no desire to ever want to learn or play their music. Here are just a few bands: Rush, Tool, Pantera, etc. Metallica is another band...(I can play a few riffs, but outside of knowing Creeping Death, Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets (from when I was playing in a band 20 years ago), I have no desire to really play their songs, but I can listening to every day. lol

What are some bands you like, but don't play their music on guitar?

I generally like to just make up my own stuff but to the point of the thread I have 0 desire to learn any Bon Jovi for example. Same kind of goes for ACDC, Rush, Journey, etc. I know some will think that is blasphemy. Conversely I would seek out riffs of Van Halen, Metallica, KSE, LZ, Ratt, etc.

This sounds a bit crazy because I was the biggest Zeppelin fan in the mid 70s and started playing guitar in the late 70s but other than Stairway (all beginners learned that) I didn't really want to learn/play any of Slim Jim's electric stuff. I did learn some of the acoustic stuff.

A year or two ago I did learn Rain Song, that one is different (the first and maybe only? ballad). But I never play it because of the tuning (I know it can be faked in standard but it doesn't sound right to me).

Probably the big 4 grunge bands . I enjoy their songs but I’d never play their songs . Though subconsciously Cantrell definitely inspires m mood and soulful side

Soundgarden, I am a huge fan and think "Super Unknown" is a classic but they use so many weird tunings all the time , I don't bother learning much of it. (outshined, spoon man are simple Drop D) so I learned those but that's about it LOL
having Floyds on all of my guitars makes this a tedious endeavor

Back