Battling Lung Cancer and Receiving Blessings from Zakk Wylde

Man, Best thoughts, wishes, and mojo sent your way,, keep up the fight !! The ZW story is amazing ! Thanks for sharing everything, ZW was already big in my book, but he just took a big move up !!!! INCREDIBLE !!

Always enjoyed your band and your incredible playing! Best wishes and a speedy recovery to you! I had cancer when I was 30 years old and beat it and you will too!

That was so awesome of Zakk to do that as well. I respect him now more than ever!
Thanks for sharing and congrats on winning your battle. It inspires.

I always looked forward to your live band postings. You are a force to be reckoned with on stage!! Cancer doesn't know who it is messing with.

Sending you my prayers Todd! I agree with you 100%, Zakk is one hell of a great human being, and I really wish more people were like him.
Hope you have a speedy recovery and post more videos of you playing with the band. Now, using your new guitar!
All the best Todd!!!

What am amazing story!! As mentioned Todd, first and foremost, all of us here on the forum just want you to be healthy. That is thr most important thing and I'm praying you get stronger each day and this is one of many things in your life that help build that strength! 🙏

Speaking for myself, I can tell you that thr videos you posted of your shows were inspiring to me and many times, I went and grabbed my are after watching one of your vids. Like I said years ago, I'd love to see one of your shows one day and know you will be playing again soon!!

I have so much respect for Zakk after this and already heard sone great stories about him bring a great guy to his fans. This is so awesome! Will be thinking of you and your family man and seriously, if there is anything you need, let us know. Proud of you brother and keep fighting and let this experience push and strengthen you!

Mike (Romanian Reaper)

Today was kind of a big day. I went for a 1/2 mile walk in my neighborhood with my Yorkie this morning. It was beautiful and chilly. It felt like my lungs were on fire and it took me 20 minutes whereas before I had cancer or hell, even before I knew I had cancer, I could walk a mile in right at 15 min. But, it’s a start. Baby steps.
97ED22B9-98B1-4AD0-B554-75AD96BCB170.jpeg

Did you smoke in your younger years or do you possibly know how you got it?
Oh yes. I smoked from 15 years old to 40 years old. Quit 10 years ago but I smoked e-cigs for a lot of years till last year. I quit those about 3 months before I was diagnosed. :doh:
But I have a pretty rare lung cancer that isn’t usually caused by smoking but I’m sure it’s probably from the E-Cigs.

Oh yes. I smoked from 15 years old to 40 years old. Quit 10 years ago but I smoked e-cigs for a lot of years till last year. I quit those about 3 months before I was diagnosed. :doh:
But I have a pretty rare lung cancer that isn’t usually caused by smoking but I’m sure it’s probably from the E-Cigs.
I smoked when I gigged from when I was 18 to about 23, I quit to join the military. At MEPS I ended up not getting in for something else medical. I haven’t tried to pick it back up since. I have moderate asthma these days, I don’t see how I could.

Great to see you up and around walking, Todd! Thanks for keeping us updated and we are all pulling for a great recovery for you!

Back