BE-100 VH Switch

Louder

Just got a BE-100 and I love it! I'm wondering about the VH switch, mine does not have it, but I'm sure it can upgraded. I wanted to get some more information on what the switch does as compared to the SAT switch. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

- Paul

Louder":15d1rdtk said:
Just got a BE-100 and I love it! I'm wondering about the VH switch, mine does not have it, but I'm sure it can upgraded. I wanted to get some more information on what the switch does as compared to the SAT switch. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

- Paul

Don't quote me, but I've heard that it's almost like a mid boost. Dave says that it doesn't add too much to the sound.

Sat switch is full on diode clipping that allows you to get gain at a lower volume a little more easily. Perfect for your 80's type of thing. Sat is used primarily with BE but you can use it with HBE for a ton of extra gain.

I like running HBE with a clean boost to add more oomph. Sometimes I throw on C45 with it to smooth things out on the high end and add some more lows which in turn allows me to cut the gain back a bit.

Hunter on RT made some killer clips of his BE100 with all of the above switches. Rockinchippy made some great ones too. I've made some hacked clips too.

Don't even bother sending the amp just to add the VH switch. At first I like the idea and when a friend bought a newer amp with it. I was a really looking forward to it. I am a huge VH fan too.

I tried it in that amp, on/off and it is REALLY HARD to notice a change at all. Not worth getting at all...

rockinchippy":m1l2c4hf said:
I just spent some time A/B'ing the VH switch on and off and it makes a huge difference to me. I have to see if the difference translates onto the mic.

I will try and get a YouTube video up today.

To your ears, what's the difference you're hearing?

rockinchippy":1z44l2xb said:
I just spent some time A/B'ing the VH switch on and off and it makes a huge difference to me. I have to see if the difference translates onto the mic.

I will try and get a YouTube video up today.
Seriously, huge differance? I would bet most couldn't tell. As for the op asking about the sat, that is a noticeable feature that gives the amp more gain and compression via diode clipping and is definatly worth having. The vh is cool being it comes on new build be100's but definatly not worth loosing sleep over not having it on an older version.

I haven't got the BE-100, but I had Dave put the VH switch on my KS mod. The difference is very subtle indeed... if I had to describe what it does, it seems to smooth out the highs slightly and add some compression as well. (but I don't know, the difference is pretty small, so don't quote me on that :scared: )

It makes a change as noted above but it is subtle.
I have the VOICE switch on my newer BE100. It's nice to have but I wouldn't miss it if it were removed.
You certainly can get that tonal change 90 % by adjusting the amp's EQ and gain.

IMHO it's almost ridiculous to send it for the mod.

image_zpsa0759cc3.jpeg

rockinchippy":pkdtqnc5 said:
Sorry this took so long, I can definitely hear a difference with a preference towards the VH switch being ON.

Man love your Suhr Modern Tiger!! looking for one like yours with ebony fingerboard but so far all i could find available are the ones with maple Fingerboard... :aww:

londaxe":3s2gu1he said:
I haven't got the BE-100, but I had Dave put the VH switch on my KS mod. The difference is very subtle indeed... if I had to describe what it does, it seems to smooth out the highs slightly and add some compression as well. (but I don't know, the difference is pretty small, so don't quote me on that :scared: )
Was just doing a search on what this switch does, as mine doesnt have it...but in the rockinchippy's clip I am hearing exactly what you described...a bit less gain might make it more pronounced though I'd imagine

martins3325":2cynyeyd said:
londaxe":2cynyeyd said:
Was just doing a search on what this switch does, as mine doesnt have it...but in the rockinchippy's clip I am hearing exactly what you described...a bit less gain might make it more pronounced though I'd imagine

I got a new BE-100 the other day (latest version) and the voice switch makes a much bigger difference compared to my KS mod. Not sure why; maybe it's just how that particular amp is dialed in.

It's still somewhat subtle on the BE-100, but it's much easier to notice. Maybe about the same amount of difference that the C45 makes (although that's a different sound obviously)

Back